Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    But Saurfang is on Draenor. . .
    what? where you hear that? in the shattering, when upon leaving northrend, saurfang said he would remain there in northrend, probably as a means of dealing with his grief at the loss of his only son.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what? where you hear that? in the shattering, when upon leaving northrend, saurfang said he would remain there in northrend, probably as a means of dealing with his grief at the loss of his only son.
    I think its time for the old man to come out of his slump...

on another note, I sure hope Sylvanas gets the execute. I live and die for the Banshee Queen <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    I think its time for the old man to come out of his slump...

on another note, I sure hope Sylvanas gets the execute. I live and die for the Banshee Queen <3
    She won't not enough build up here.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Wrathion's age is not sure. Aging goes fast in Warcraft. In cataclysm he was just an egg. Now he is an adult. He might be a big dragon, or at least a (big) drake, by now.
    In legendary quest we see him as whelp, so unless he used water from valley to create legendary steroids i wouldn't make my hopes high. Well he might be at size of dwarf now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin needs a round 2, He deserves to hit Garrosh for once after Garrosh broke his whole body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

After Thrall visits Garrosh etc, he'll go fetch Saurfang from Northrend. Saurfang will take him out, beat the corruption out of him and be named new leader of the Orcs, he will not accept Warchief of the Horde though, he'll pass that honor over to Lor'Themar Theron and then he'll pass leader of the Orcs honor over to Thrall's son, when he comes of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Anduin needs a round 2, He deserves to hit Garrosh for once after Garrosh broke his whole body.
    Lets be honest, that wimps not going to do anything.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Thrall: Vol'Jin, my friend, I am leaving the Horde in the hands of Garrosh Hellscream. He has the strengh to lead our people, but not enough wisdom to know where to. Please, remain at his side and advise him, so he won't lead the Horde in the wrong way
    Vol'Jin: Ya mon.

A week later:

Vol'Jin: ... ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart!
    Garrosh: What?
    Vol'Jin: I gunna kill de mojo otta ya, mon!
    Garrosh: Bitch, get out of my town, pretty much now!
    Vol'Jin: I'm being repressed!

Still don't get the "coolness".
    Lol my thoughts exactly. He was never one of my favorite characters, and he was never much of a leader. I think the coolness stems from the fact that he speaks like a Jamaican and like 80% of the troll population are potheads. Blizzard did a really shitty job with Garrosh, his character development was all over the place. During BC/Wrath he acted like an angst-ridden teenager. Then during Cataclysm he made no damn sense, in some quests like the quest line in Stonetallon mountains he was awesome a better leader than Thrall. Then he did a 180 during the Twilight Highlands entry quests which showed him as some blood crazed moron who roid rages all over the battlefield. I still think Vol'jin shouldn't get the kill and in all honesty his flat out insubordination gives Garrosh the right to want him dead.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2013-04-23 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Lol my thoughts exactly. He was never one of my favorite characters, and he was never much of a leader. I think the coolness stems from the fact that he speaks like a Jamaican and like 80% of the troll population are potheads. Blizzard did a really shitty job with Garrosh, his character development was all over the place. During BC/Wrath he acted like an angst-ridden teenager. Then during Cataclysm he made no damn sense, in some quests like the quest line in Stonetallon mountains he was awesome a better leader than Thrall. Then he did a 180 during the Twilight Highlands entry quests which showed him as some blood crazed moron who roid rages all over the battlefield. I still think Vol'jin shouldn't get the kill and in all honesty; his flat out insubordination gives Garrosh the right to want him dead.
    I think different writers wanted him different ways, the ones who wanted him as a big boss in Pandaria won out.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Lets just do a rundown of characters then.

Vol'jin - Considering his development and recent death attempt by Garrosh's goons, and his rebellion, his stakes are high.
    Jaina - The bombing of theramore, killing her people and friends, the thief from dalaran of an item used to cause more grief.
    Varian - The faction leader rivalry, along with the attempted murder of his son.
    Thrall - The corruption of his horde by Garrosh, death of his friend, attempted murder of another, and undoing all his work he did for his people.
    Saurfang - The death threat he made to Saurfang, much of what Thralls was already about, seeing the horde be lead down a dark path.
    Baine - Murder of his father, seeing the horde split apart by his actions.
    Wrathion - He's got a plan, and might even be telling the truth, that the horde and alliance need to stop the fighting, for the sake of something bigger.
    Lor'themar - Using his people as tools of war, subjects for the sha.
    Sylvanas - Similar to Lor'themar, using her people as cannon fodder.
    Tyrande - Ashenvale and all thats happening in that region.

Some really have stronger reasons then others. But honestly, of all the characters who wanted to kill Arthas and end his rule as the lich king (Sylvanas, Jaina, Mograin, Saurfang), it was Tirion who got the kill. He had some reasons to kill Arthas, but others, like Sylvanas, had bigger reasons.

At this stage, i'm convinced it will be a neutral character who does it. This will be blizzards way of resolving the issue of who gets the kill, just like they did with Tirion, Thrall and Malfurion.
    Yeah I agree, it will probably be a panda, maybe Stormstout. It would be awesome if it where someone totally unexpected, like Medivh. Comes back from wherever the hell he is and decides to melt Garrosh's face to stop him from bringing the Legion to Azeroth or some other catastrophe. I will say this, if Wrathion gets the kill I'm going to be so pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    As said, they've teased loads of potential killers for Garrosh.

I like the Vol'jin theory though. The whole "pierce your black heart" thing has an additional punch now we know Garrosh is after the black heart of Y'Shaarj.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Never trust a troll to do an orc's job. There. I said it. :P
    Going by this statement, I think it would be the opposite. It was orc who failed to kill Vol'Jin. So If he will do "orcs job" he will fail to kill Garrosh. So it's better to do it Troll way. xD

Imagine the confrontation, Garrosh is backed to the dead corner, and then Vol'Jin comes and sais "When I want to kill somebody am doing it myself" as he draw his weapon with specific spark in his eyes.

But the question would be- what would be with Alliance? in siege of undercity they killed Putress- it's harder task to find them a proper role.

Lol my thoughts exactly. He was never one of my favorite characters, and he was never much of a leader. I think the coolness stems from the fact that he speaks like a Jamaican and like 80% of the troll population are potheads.
    Being troll player myself, I strongly disagree. If you'll not provide any source to backup this statemnt you'll become ignorant fooled by Jamaican accent. Trolls are much more than that. Would you call Zul'Jin a pothead? And yet he was great leader - surely he was much better written than Vol'Jin, but to be perfectly fair since WoW startd only recently Racial leaders get some attention (since Wrath to be more precise), and Troll leader get much more attention since Cataclysm.

He is not "much of a leader?" - let's see :
    - he was one of the founders of current Horde, among Thrall and Cairne
    - he was always supporting Horde's case, he was tactitian and Thrall's right hand, Darkspears were among the orcs unit in Outland and Northrend. It was part of the phylosophy that Horde is a family, there is no bigger glory for neither of te races, they're all equal, and there is no favourisation.
    - He was the one who took a stand against Garrosh , have you seen how 5.3. looks like? He sounded very charismatic, and ever since i saw it I can see him leading an army.

Blizzard did a really shitty job with Garrosh, his character development was all over the place. During BC/Wrath he acted like an angst-ridden teenager. Then during Cataclysm he made no damn sense, in some quests like the quest line in Stonetallon mountains he was awesome a better leader than Thrall. Then he did a 180 during the Twilight Highlands entry quests which showed him as some blood crazed moron who roid rages all over the battlefield. I still think Vol'jin shouldn't get the kill and in all honesty his flat out insubordination gives Garrosh the right to want him dead.
    while I agree about Garrosh, I personally think that Blizzard really will give Vol'Jin the killing blow, to show that he keeps his promises unlike some people are saying that he is "all about talks". and 5.3. is already enough to show otherwise, and thank god.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2013-04-23 at 04:47 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm going to try my hand a little predicting of the future and see how it pans out. I envision the finale of the "Siege of Orgrimmar" raid going something like this:

After dispatching Garrosh's primary lieutenants including a few Sha or Old God-related horrors, we encounter Garrosh attempting to wrest control of Y'shaarj's power using the prison for the Old God's heart he took from Pandaria. Garrosh states something along the lines of Pride being the right of all true Orcs, and comes under the full or partial possession by the Sha of Pride (and perhaps taking on a bit of Y'shaarj's core personality along with it). During the fight we protect Vol'jin, Thrall, Jaina, and Chen Stormstout as they prepare a channeling ritual/device/process very similar (and an ironic callback) to the soul gem that restored Grom Hellscream back to himself after his second infusion of Mannoroth's blood. After bringing Sha/Garrosh down to a suitable percentage of health, the possession leaves him and manifests almost fully as the returned Y'shaarj (maybe this would be the heroic bit of the encounter). After a pitched battle, the spirit of Shaohao appears and says some choice words to all assembled (but especially Garrosh) about the follies of Pride, Despair, Fear, Doubt, Anger, Hatred, and Violence (all of which Garrosh has possessed at one time or another, and all of which have shaped him into what he had become) and then pulls Y'shaarj back into the heart of Azeroth with him to be contained until we are ready to face him fully.

In the cutscene to follow, Garrosh lies prone before Vol'jin and asks him to fulfill the vow he made in Cataclysm, to kill him and end his misery. Vol'jin, despite being sorely tempted, refrains as he understands now that Garrosh's mind was not entirely his own. Desperate and driven by guilt Garrosh approaches all assembled and begs to die... tempting Varian or Anduin with his atrocities against the Alliance, Jaina with the destruction of her city and people, Chen with the horrors he had perpetrated on Pandaria, and finally Thrall with his near-destruction of the Horde. Of those assembled, only Thrall seems to move to actually kill the chastened Garrosh (and perhaps here we see a brief flash of Sha-related corruption touch Thrall as he does), but Jaina puts a restraining hand on his shoulder and tells him to let go of his rage, just as she has had to let go of hers.

In the end, the assembled leaders of the Horde (maybe even Sylvanas gets a say) pronounce judgment on Garrosh and exile him back to Nagrand... there to make amends and find redemption for his actions. Thrall announces that it is a mistake for the Horde to invest all power in a central leader that could be led astray or corrupted (adding perhaps that even he was not free from corruption or fallibility), and from henceforth the Horde will be led by a council of leaders... each with an equal say, all of them sovereign over their people and no race within the Horde to hold sway over another.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm going to try my hand a little predicting of the future and see how it pans out. I envision the finale of the "Siege of Orgrimmar" raid going something like this:

After dispatching Garrosh's primary lieutenants including a few Sha or Old God-related horrors, we encounter Garrosh attempting to wrest control of Y'shaarj's power using the prison for the Old God's heart he took from Pandaria. Garrosh states something along the lines of Pride being the right of all true Orcs, and comes under the full or partial possession by the Sha of Pride (and perhaps taking on a bit of Y'shaarj's core personality along with it). During the fight we protect Vol'jin, Thrall, Jaina, and Chen Stormstout as they prepare a channeling ritual/device/process very similar (and an ironic callback) to the soul gem that restored Grom Hellscream back to himself after his second infusion of Mannoroth's blood. After bringing Sha/Garrosh down to a suitable percentage of health, the possession leaves him and manifests almost fully as the returned Y'shaarj (maybe this would be the heroic bit of the encounter). After a pitched battle, the spirit of Shaohao appears and says some choice words to all assembled (but especially Garrosh) about the follies of Pride, Despair, Fear, Doubt, Anger, Hatred, and Violence (all of which Garrosh has possessed at one time or another, and all of which have shaped him into what he had become) and then pulls Y'shaarj back into the heart of Azeroth with him to be contained until we are ready to face him fully.

In the cutscene to follow, Garrosh lies prone before Vol'jin and asks him to fulfill the vow he made in Cataclysm, to kill him and end his misery. Vol'jin, despite being sorely tempted, refrains as he understands now that Garrosh's mind was not entirely his own. Desperate and driven by guilt Garrosh approaches all assembled and begs to die... tempting Varian or Anduin with his atrocities against the Alliance, Jaina with the destruction of her city and people, Chen with the horrors he had perpetrated on Pandaria, and finally Thrall with his near-destruction of the Horde. Of those assembled, only Thrall seems to move to actually kill the chastened Garrosh (and perhaps here we see a brief flash of Sha-related corruption touch Thrall as he does), but Jaina puts a restraining hand on his shoulder and tells him to let go of his rage, just as she has had to let go of hers.

In the end, the assembled leaders of the Horde (maybe even Sylvanas gets a say) pronounce judgment on Garrosh and exile him back to Nagrand... there to make amends and find redemption for his actions. Thrall announces that it is a mistake for the Horde to invest all power in a central leader that could be led astray or corrupted (adding perhaps that even he was not free from corruption or fallibility), and from henceforth the Horde will be led by a council of leaders... each with an equal say, all of them sovereign over their people and no race within the Horde to hold sway over another.
    thats.. quite nie actually, I like the way you went over it and touched on fine details.

If I can throw my two cent in though, just something I've been thinking of. with Garrosh meddling with the heart of Y'shaarj, this would call to attention perhaps the other old god and there minions. We won't see old god minions in the raid, but what if there was something like Garrosh escaping his fate in the end, alone, he is captured by the naga, and taken to Queen Aszhara, her wanting the power of Y'shaarj as commanded by her 'masters'. Garrosh lives but becomes a full on villian, kind of like following in the footsteps of ner'zhul in the end.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post

Being troll player myself, I strongly disagree. If you'll not provide any source to backup this statemnt you'll become ignorant fooled by Jamaican accent. Trolls are much more than that. Would you call Zul'Jin a pothead? And yet he was great leader - surely he was much better written than Vol'Jin, but to be perfectly fair since WoW startd only recently Racial leaders get some attention (since Wrath to be more precise), and Troll leader get much more attention since Cataclysm.
    First off you really shouldn't take my percentage as literal, I was obviously exaggerating. I was mostly basing that on a stereotype that I experienced back in vanilla. There use to be a troll joke that was removed from the game that was clearly a reference to smoking weed. Hence tons of potheads started playing that race because they thought it was cool/funny and Taurens because of their herbalism racial. Obviously, I know that not everyone who plays a Troll is a pot head.

Second, I don't have anything against troll race as a whole. Its one of my favorite races. I just don't like Vol'jin so much. The guy that use to run ZA, Zul'jin, was one of my favorite lore characters and his story is pretty damn sad. Like I said, I never stated that all trolls are potheads and bad leaders. Its just the pothead stereotype was added by blizz during WoW. Take Belf males for example, people always call them homosexuals because of their /emotes and mannerisms in WoW. Yet in lore(WC3) Belfs where nothing alike the ones in WoW, Blizz makes stereotypes for all the races for shits & giggles. Also writers change all the time so the races keep flip-flopping personalities, same with the characters.

Here's the video on the pothead joke btw:

Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2013-04-23 at 05:59 PM.

Gotta love the Steve Blum voice overs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't have anything against troll race as a whole by the way. Its one of my favorite races I just don't like Vol'jin so much. The guy that use to run ZA Zul'jin, was one of my favorite lore characters and his story is pretty damn sad. Like I said I never said all trolls are potheads and bad leaders. Its just the stereotype that blizz made for them in WoW. Take Belf males for example, people always call them homosexuals because of their /emotes and mannerisms. Blizz makes stereotypes for all the races. Obviously they are all completely different in lore.
    The Blood Elf stereotype is my personal target of hatred, although I don't usually rise to the bait. I play a Blood Elf DK (I know, I know, might as well draw a bull's eye on my breastplate) - but when I think of him in RP terms, I think of him as one of the few Blood Elf badasses on Azeroth. Half-crazed with an addiction to the infliction of pain (the DK analog to the Blood Elf Arcane addiction), almost a berserker force on the battlefield, wading in against scores of enemies and bathing in their gore. When the bloodlust fades he might give the appearance of contrition, but nonetheless he remains continually ready to run headlong into the charge in a quest for final death as much as any kind of redemption.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    Garrosh will accidentally aggro Gamon with his whirlwind. Gamon will wtfpow Garrosh. The citizens will proclaim Gamon the new warchief, but Gamon refuses the burden, and in his place Basic Campfire finally achieves his destiny to become the greatest warchief to ever provide a +4 spirit buff.
    He'll make the Horde damn happy with that buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Blood Elf stereotype is my personal target of hatred, although I don't usually rise to the bait. I play a Blood Elf DK (I know, I know, might as well draw a bull's eye on my breastplate) - but when I think of him in RP terms, I think of him as one of the few Blood Elf badasses on Azeroth. Half-crazed with an addiction to the infliction of pain (the DK analog to the Blood Elf Arcane addiction), almost a berserker force on the battlefield, wading in against scores of enemies and bathing in their gore. When the bloodlust fades he might give the appearance of contrition, but nonetheless he remains continually ready to run headlong into the charge in a quest for final death as much as any kind of redemption.
    Yep, my main is a male Belf hunter I have 87-90's with every class and all of them except the classes that can't be Belfs are belfs(mostly female). Why because I love their lore in WC3, and their campaign was my favorite back then. Also they look amazing in armor and have the most realistic body types, girls are a bit on the skinny side, of any race in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too have an issue with the stereotypes in wow races and how blizzard in the game perpetuates it so constantly. As you said, blood elves, well in lore (like the manga comic the sunwell series) come off as quite strong and determined a race, where as in the game they come off as raging queens. goblins too fall under this. How many stories in wow can you tell me where a goblin isn't a money grabbing double dealer whos only interest is making gold? It almost feels like the way family guy stereotypes jewish people.

I think though lately, the thing thats pissed me off the most is that of orcs. Before all this crap in the story now, there was this interesting dynamic of orcs in the horde, some were meat headed, some where stout and honor bound, some were intent of being better then they once were, and trying to overcome the past, well others simply ignored the warnings. you could actually look at the scen between saurfang and garrosh and see, yeah, there are different types of orcs in this lore, they are not all meat headed warmongering savages, some actually have honor and think for themselves.

But with the current story, it seems blizzard has forced all orcs into one camp, campa'da'garrosh, where they all side with Garrosh despite the rest of the horde now hating them. Where the hell is the split dynamic? why is Thrall the only orc right now in the story whos standing against Garrosh and the kor'kron? Its just such a disappointing turn of events in the lore.
    #boycottchina