Poll: Do you own/how many guns?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    In that case let's issue every soldier a 10/22, we'll save millions!
    Lolno. 5.56 or GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    In that case let's issue every soldier a 10/22, we'll save millions!
    lol im just a firm believer in 22s the right round makes the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I blame Call of Duty...
    For what? People liking guns?

People have liked guns for much longer than any video games have been available, let alone Call of Duty.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You're assuming the person breaking into your home will not harm you or your family, is the life of a scumbag worth more than your loved ones? (you obviously wouldn't and shouldn't shoot the person unless they posed a threat to you anyways)
    Depends where he lives, in most of Europe being being raped and killed in their own home by intruders is virtually unheard of. Most of the time they are only after your stuff, they flee at the first sign of trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Lolno. 5.56 or GTFO.
    I'd rather carry a 7.62x51 >.>

Edit: a COMPACT one that is, like an carbine length FAL, SCAR-H or HK417 or a Kel-tec RFB that works properly (thats uncommon though, but I love me some bullpups)...

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Depends where he lives, in most of Europe being being raped and killed in their own home by intruders is virtually unheard of. Most of the time they are only after your stuff, they flee at the first sign of trouble.
    Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it... like a parachute.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-04-23 at 09:40 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Lolno. 5.56 or GTFO.
    5.56? Sod that!

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I'd rather carry a 7.62x51 >.>

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it... like a parachute.
    Theres a reason they do not give every passenger on every flight a parachute.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you believe Britain should have better self defense laws?

I certainly do, right now it's a joke. If you hit an intruder with a cricket bat or something you'll be screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.56? Sod that!
    A lot of very nice weapons chamber 5.56!
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lolno. 5.56 or GTFO.
    But glorious FAL does not come in 5.56...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zwoopaman View Post
    None, and no need for one either. Stuff ain't worth a life, even if that life is one of a scumbag breaking into your house.
    Getting a decent insurance beats a gun imo.
    There are other reasons to own a firearm besides shooting people.

I am not an american. I own 5 firearms, all securely locked in a gun safe. You aren't allowed to use a a gun to defend home/self here except under extreme circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.56? Sod that!

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:36 PM ----------

Theres a reason they do not give every passenger on every flight a parachute.
    well of course, it would take up a lot of space and cost them more money, but I don't believe there is any law stating you can't bring your own... Also at the height and speed of commercial flights, most people probly wouldn't survive exiting the aircraft, let along staying concious with the lack of oxygen.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-04-23 at 09:43 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly; FAL's are too heavy for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might get a 5.56 someday, but only because I already have a 7.62x51. Actually I'll probably get another FAL before I get an AUG or Sig or anything in 5.56, I have a full length I kinda want a carbine FAL Para.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 02:42 PM ----------

B-b-but muh right arm of the free world... Not trying to be rude, but do you happen to be of the female persuasion?
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted
    It has little stopping power though, it has got a few of our lads killed because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I own 2 rifles and a shotgun. I plan on getting more, specifically a pistol for the wife. I grew up around guns, my dad has over 60 guns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Do you believe Britain should have better self defense laws?

I certainly do, right now it's a joke. If you hit an intruder with a cricket bat or something you'll be screwed.
    Yes, our laws are a joke. I don't believe we should have the right to kill an intruder just for being on our property but the right to use lethal force if he has a weapon would be a welcome one.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:44 PM ----------

I would sell 3 Kidneys in order to own an ex British Army FAL.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:46 PM ----------

If a FAL is too heavy then you must train harder so you get stronger!

10+ Year Old Account
    It has little stopping power though, it has got a few of our lads killed because of it.
    Depends. 5.56 can be deadlier than 7.62 at sufficient velocity.

10+ Year Old Account

I would sell 3 Kidneys in order to own an ex British Army FAL.
    Not your own kidneys I assume...

I got all confused when I broke the firing pin on my metric FAL, after a little research it turns out I have a metric rifle with an L1A1 bolt carrier and bolt. I had to modify my new fp to get it to fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a FAL is too heavy then you must train harder so you get stronger!
    I'm a small guy with thin wrists! I even have trouble with 45s D:

Deleted
    Not your own kidneys I assume...

I got all confused when I broke the firing pin on my metric FAL, after a little research it turns out I have a metric rifle with an L1A1 bolt carrier and bolt. I had to modify my new fp to get it to fit.
    Why would I sell my own Kidneys? I need them for the drinking.