Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the point of this change was to slightly nerf BM control.
    yes, and in the meantime give MM something special.

So my question is, while both of these goals are understandable:

What about Survival?

SV and pvp is something the devs just never bloody consider, do they?
    What is it with this idea that SV is a raiding specc only?
    Or a bg aoe specc at best?

These changes were the perfect opportunity to give SV something too... but no.
    The only concerns seem to be:
    1. nerf BM after overbuffing it for MoP
    2. restore MM to a bit of it's former pvp glory

SV in pvp just never seems to be a consideration at all.
    This is so sickening after years.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 09:48 AM ----------

and on a sidenote:

every, and I mean EVERY hunter can see that the tweet question was asked by a non-hunter, someone who barely understands the details of BM or MM in pvp.

So why the hell was a class tweet picked that obviously didn't come from the class itself???

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I think someone with a Twitter account should make GC aware of the situation he's placing BM hunters in, and also the lack of improvement of SV's pvp situation.
    BM's have to choose between their only reliable self heal, stun, and or silence.
    Not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Nope, priest.
    True. Did not think about Priests. In my mind was like Spriests have an interupt.

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    True. Did not think about Priests. In my mind was like Spriests have an interrupt.
    Technically spriests do have a silence, that can be used as an interrupt, and is baseline to the dps spec of that class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    Yeah...when I read this I laughed and said, "well fuck you too Ghostcrawler."
    +99999999999999999999

The whole point of the change was to make less Hunters have Intimidation, seems like putting in a tier that competes with Silencing Shot is the best way to accomplish their goal.

Simply put, Hunters don't need the stun and the silence, having both is part of what made them so insanely strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    yes, and in the meantime give MM something special.
    Intimidation wasn't what made BM good and lack of CC wasn't what made MM bad. Blizz just don't have any idea what they're doing when it comes to Hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    So BM looses one of it's trademark skills it's had for forever and a half and MM gets Binding Shot built in, which is a slow that turns into a stun at some point if the affected move too far away. It may just be me but this is BS. If they had made SS built in for all specs and replaced it's tier slot with Intimidation I could understand the change more, but what they did is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    "They have to give up Silencing Shot to take the stun. Not sure you'll see that many take that trade."

So Ghostcrawler is adding a talent that he explicitly states is undesirable relative to another talent in that tier. Am I missing something here? What happened to "fun, exciting choices?"

I'll still be rolling with Intimidation just because you can use stuns on any class, but this plot just makes me sour.
    The point was they didn't want Beast Hunters having access to a stun and a silence ability. Instead they want the hunter to decide if they want a stun or silencing move based on the situation. They could've just removed it completely and not even give those who prefer it the choice.

Fun and exciting is in the eye of the beholder. Their goal is for you to have a compelling choice to make and not just an pick one and stay with it for the most part ability. Many people find a CC move to not be fun and/or exciting to start with. Now you have a choice between A) Stun B) Silence C) Sleep (Incapacitated basically) instead of A) A move that may or may not stun, but slightly roots the target B) Silence C) Sleep (Incapicate).

His point in the quote is many people believe that Intimidation being a baseline talent will cause problems in PvP and him and his team believe many will still choose Silencing Shot over it which may or may not be the case. It's hard to tell until it goes live, but even if they choose one or the other they've effectively removed one of the problems people have about Beast Mastery Hunters having access to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuq View Post
    So BM looses one of it's trademark skills it's had for forever and a half and MM gets Binding Shot built in, which is a slow that turns into a stun at some point if the affected move too far away. It may just be me but this is BS. If they had made SS built in for all specs and replaced it's tier slot with Intimidation I could understand the change more, but what they did is just plain stupid.
    Beast Masters had Intimidation forever. Marksman had Silencing Shot forever. Survival had Wyvern Sting forever. What exactly is the problem here and why is it BS? All are now offered to all three specs. Or are you just upset that they didn't do it that way before and tried to make Bind Elemental useful by turning it into Binding Shot?

Deleted
    When it comes to hunters it feels like blizzard is lacking ideas and creativity.Binding shot won't make MM viable not by a long shot some of us
    PVE players were finding a good use of that spell and now its exclusively for MM so pretty much you are being forced to go MM to use that spell?
    Regarding intimidation/SS part the original plan is to encourage more players to pick intimidation in order to achieve 2 viable options and then again
    knowing that most players will pick SS eitherway it accomplishes its second goal to not let BM hunters have both..If you ask me thats Bad design and lack of
    creativity it is a sloppy change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyster View Post
    When it comes to hunters it feels like blizzard is lacking ideas and creativity.Binding shot won't make MM viable not by a long shot some of us
    PVE players were finding a good use of that spell and now its exclusively for MM so pretty much you are being forced to go MM to use that spell?
    Regarding intimidation/SS part the original plan is to encourage more players to pick intimidation in order to achieve 2 viable options and then again
    knowing that most players will pick SS eitherway it accomplishes its second goal to not let BM hunters have both..If you ask me thats Bad design and lack of
    creativity it is a sloppy change.
    This, every expansion shows how little they think about the hunter class design. Almost every class in the game has seen some dramatic changes throughout WoW's lifespan the biggest change we saw was mana to focus (which should have been the design from the start). I'm not saying we need a complete overhaul like Warlocks but we certainly need some changes. This change to SS and Intimidation is a big F-U to the hunter community, especially when 90% of all other classes have a baseline stun/silence.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, in four months they'll revert the change because 'they' deemed it unnecessary or was simply a bad decision.

I mean, they have all the metrics to find this out for themselves rather than listen to player feedback.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.