Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I got it via a Premade, and with 150+ EotS wins it never came in a pug, and I believe it shouldn't be part of it >BECAUSE< it's an achievement that you technically have no control over initially, if 10 people on the opposite team run to the same base, they will capture it before you even reach their base. Basically, it's complete luck achievement.

Got this with a pug also (during Wrath, I think; can't check time stamp for it currently). Well, almost a pug; I had one friend grouped with me. Got in a lucky group where there were tons of solid players on our team vs. terrible competition.

I feel the OP's pain; it was my 200th win in AB that was my 1600-0 win, which was the last one I needed for Battlemaster. While not the exact same achieve, perfect wins in any of the non-CTF maps can be painful.

Master metas, and thus, the Battlemaster achievement are intended to be difficult and time-consuming.

That being said, I've been in several Perfect Storm groups through the random BG queue. And I don't really BG very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Some PvP achievements are ridiculous and crazy, like

Stormpike Perfection - Alterac Valley
    Alterac Blitz - Alterac Valley
    "Get a win after 500p defeat" (don't remember the name) - Arathi Basin
    Flurry - Eye of the Storm
    Perfect Storm - Eye of the Storm
    Not even a scratch - Strand of the Ancients
    Defense of the ancients - Strand of the Ancients
    Jugger Not - Battle for Gilneas
    Cloud Nine - Twin Peaks
    Ironman - Warsong Gulch
    Mine - Isle of Conquest
    My Diamonds and your rust - Silvershard Mines

Nothing is impossible, but you can't get closer to impossible, then with these achievements. They are INSANLY hard, and I expect people today, to play at least 500-1000 victories in each BG to get them all.

I got all but "Diamon and Rust" in Cataclysm, and I thank God for that, I can't even imagine the frustration people feel over these now when you can't make premades

In my opinion, Blizzard KILLED normal Battlegrounds when they removed the ability to make pre-mades. They focus on RBG, but all kind of Rated stuff, like RBG and Arena are completely worthless and insanely boring imo.
    Have a good majority of these but missing "My Diamonds and your rust", "Jugger Not" and "Resilient Victory". Should probably also add in "Arathi Basin Perfection" as well. Unless your a chieve hunter then "Alterac Blitz" shouldn't be worried about by most too too much...it was removed from the meta back in Cata. Also, "Cloud Nine" is probably one of the easiest achievements in the game...just need self control. However, I do agree with a lot of the people here...some of these are possible but you have to be incredibly lucky. I have seen people in my guild get them except for "My Diamonds and your Rust". Just takes luck I guess....I have succumbed to the fact that I will never see Battlemaster or Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Master metas, and thus, the Battlemaster achievement are intended to be difficult and time-consuming.
    So then remove the achievements and title from the players that got it when it was super easy? I think you are missing the point.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    I agree so much with OP.
    Anyone who says otherwise is retarted and did the achiev between '08 - '10 (when Cata was released the pvp system changed to fill up all bg's to the max ppl vs max ppl)
    Now, i've gotten this achiev about 3 times in RBG but it never popped up ? ... I guess you can't get it from RBG wich is to start complete bullshit since it's the same bg ... (yes im aware you cap towers in a different way but still ...)
    So yeah .. This is my very last achiev i need to obtain the Battlemaster title. And i'm pretty sure unless i do something against the rules of the game (premade it with Preformav addon to make 15 ppl group) it's the only way to do it most likely.
    Sure some people got it by PURE rng, but i tell you the luck you had was insane!!
    I have the 100 win achiev and every other battlemaster part ready .. but yeah never will get this retarted perfection ....
    Best bet you have is try it on low level alts who are high level for there bracket when Eots is CTA battleground if you wanna try it the legal way. But then it's still very hard if not next to impossible to do (random idiots and shitloads of bots you know ..)
    And i repeat almost everyone who i inspect who has the achievement got it datestamped between '08 - '10 so it's super stupid for people who tried to get it after that ...
    Since back then you could end up in an Eots with like 15 vs 8 people .. not hard to do perfection then huh?! But now the pvp queue tool is different and it will constantly try to fill up the bg to max slots (15 in eots).

So - YES REMOVE THIS SHIT ACHIEV FROM META OF EOTS
    I got mine on March 24th 2012, in a pug, like I've done with all of my bg achievements.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post

That being said, I've been in several Perfect Storm groups through the random BG queue. And I don't really BG very often.
    I doubt this. I'm PvPing about 90% of the time and I saw a perfect storm exactly TWICE. Both times it was during the children week when the majority of the Alliance were PvE people rushing to the middle to grab the flag and thus no base was tapped. Against any group with 2~ people with half a brain you wont get it, just not possible.
    If even 4~ people immediatly run to the same base it's over already and you might quit. Fairly sure even 3 are enough to tap a base before you can reach it and stop them from doing so.

And the problem isn't them being "hard", for me the only one I am missing is the 500 arathi basin one because I couldn't be bothered to get a group for that, but them only being possible when most of the enemy team is made up by bots. It's how I got my "hold all bases" achievment during the leveling phase. Even when going for certain achievments you'll only ever be able to do them if the enemy lets you do them.

Cloud nine for example is impossible without someone on the other side helping you or you abusing a bug in the counter. If your team dominates them it will be long over before you can get 9 flags, if it's even you wont get 9 flags either. You'd need to grab/return a flag about every 2 minutes and the game is over once one side scored 3 flags.

Diamonds and Rust is fairly easy though. Just play Horde and you're almost guaranted to get it fairly soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I doubt this. I'm PvPing about 90% of the time and I saw a perfect storm exactly TWICE. Both times it was during the children week when the majority of the Alliance were PvE people rushing to the middle to grab the flag and thus no base was tapped. Against any group with 2~ people with half a brain you wont get it, just not possible.
    If even 4~ people immediatly run to the same base it's over already and you might quit. Fairly sure even 3 are enough to tap a base before you can reach it and stop them from doing so.

And the problem isn't them being "hard", for me the only one I am missing is the 500 arathi basin one because I couldn't be bothered to get a group for that, but them only being possible when most of the enemy team is made up by bots. It's how I got my "hold all bases" achievment during the leveling phase. Even when going for certain achievments you'll only ever be able to do them if the enemy lets you do them.

Cloud nine for example is impossible without someone on the other side helping you or you abusing a bug in the counter. If your team dominates them it will be long over before you can get 9 flags, if it's even you wont get 9 flags either. You'd need to grab/return a flag about every 2 minutes and the game is over once one side scored 3 flags.

Diamonds and Rust is fairly easy though. Just play Horde and you're almost guaranted to get it fairly soon.

Yeah, I have seen horde get "Diamon and Rust" about 5 times, but as Alliance, you never ever get close to it. 5man teams with BiS gear won't matter much, you can't stop 8 horde at the Lava wagon when its 20 yards from cap, no matter if you have elite gear and they are in green gear. There is simply no time in 90% of the BGS. The achievement require a crazy good ally team, a really bad horde team, and most importantly, LUCK with cart start spawns.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    compelling argument
    We'll I agree with him. I was able to premade most off my achivements. Makes it so much easiere- But then they choose to remove it for whatever reason. Premade normal BG's was great fun....=/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Can someone answer me why the RBG versions of Eots doesn't reward Perfection ?
    Yes there are flags at the toweres now to cap the base but still ... WHY ?
    Fuck this game i'll never get this title .........

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if anyone wants to try to get this achi you should do it next week since Children's Week begins on 29th April. Many people will try to get achievement instead of capping bases so you could try your luck there.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Deleted
    So I tried it again last night on another char and got it on the second go. Some of you people should spend more time practicing and less time complaining, I think! The achievement is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    So I tried it again last night on another char and got it on the second go. Some of you people should spend more time practicing and less time complaining, I think! The achievement is fine.
    As many people already said it's not about skill it's about luck so no. we don't need to practice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindayse View Post
    As many people already said it's not about skill it's about luck so no. we don't need to practice.
    See, it's that kind of attitude that's going to ensure you're going to keep having "bad luck".
    I'm going to wish you guys to work harder since that's better than good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    See, it's that kind of attitude that's going to ensure you're going to keep having "bad luck".
    I'm going to wish you guys to work harder since that's better than good luck.
    Whether i face a good team or a bad team has nothing to with my effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Some PvP achievements are ridiculous and crazy, like

Stormpike Perfection - Alterac Valley
    Alterac Blitz - Alterac Valley
    "Get a win after 500p defeat" (don't remember the name) - Arathi Basin
    Flurry - Eye of the Storm
    Perfect Storm - Eye of the Storm
    Not even a scratch - Strand of the Ancients
    Defense of the ancients - Strand of the Ancients
    Jugger Not - Battle for Gilneas
    Cloud Nine - Twin Peaks
    Ironman - Warsong Gulch
    Mine - Isle of Conquest
    My Diamonds and your rust - Silvershard Mines

Nothing is impossible, but you can't get closer to impossible, then with these achievements. They are INSANLY hard, and I expect people today, to play at least 500-1000 victories in each BG to get them all.

I got all but "Diamon and Rust" in Cataclysm, and I thank God for that, I can't even imagine the frustration people feel over these now when you can't make premades

In my opinion, Blizzard KILLED normal Battlegrounds when they removed the ability to make pre-mades. They focus on RBG, but all kind of Rated stuff, like RBG and Arena are completely worthless and insanely boring imo.
    I managed to get a couple of these in a random group, but i do agree, getting the ones like Ironman, Not even a scratch, Defense of the Ancients and the Perfection achies are very difficult to get in a random pug, because like 99% of the time people don't listen to a tactic

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the perfect storm achievement...and i have never been in a premade 0o

I hate the "win 100 xx" ones, if i win 100 of them i would have bought every honor item in existence by the time i get it :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozafy View Post
    This is all true, but the complaint should be about the queuing system not the achievement. I think it's horrible you can't queue with more then 5 people. It's an MMO why restrict group play?
    Because you are the only one who is having fun when you march into a battleground with a premade group and basically start pistol whipping blind kids. Though, I don't think anyone would really give a shit if they were rewarded adequately for participating. I'd probably do BGs all day if I got Conquest points whether I won or not.

Personally though, I found Ironman pretty easy to get. I did get it in Cataclysm, though. This expansion has made it extremely difficult to get a lot of the PvP achievements. I feel sorry for anyone trying to get Arena Master right now.

This is a difficult achievement because it can only happen against a team that's beyond bad. I'm not talking about below average. I'm talking about some guy who is trying to teach five parrots to multi-box. Even then I'm confident that within a week he can train those parrots to at least get one tic of a score. So you need to encounter a team that is literally worse at WoW than five parrots during their first week of playing the game.

Once you encounter that team it all comes to leading your team and hoping they listen. If they listen then you may get it. If they don't then the horrifically bad team will gravitate towards a tower for reasons they don't understand and get a tic of scoring.

The Perfect Storm just might be the most fitting name for an achievement in the game. Good luck with it. Just be a calm leader out of the gate and hope people listen when you come across a team that really sucks at WoW.

EDIT: Battlemaster really is one those journey and not the destination type things in life. Don't let it frustrate you.
    Last edited by Talzar; 2013-04-25 at 09:36 PM.

The thing that killed this achievement is cross realm bg, I got this before the introduction of it. It was really easy if you got lucky and it became a game of 15 v 5. You will easily 4 cap the other team. Now you will almost never have a game of 15 v 5, at most 1-2 players are missing on the other team which makes this achievement much more difficult to obtain.
    I am not sure if this is possible, but can you try this on lower lvl toons in hope the other team are made up of bg lvl bots and chance the other team are missing a decent chunk of their team.
    Ya arena master is very difficult to get now, highest 2s and 5s team doesnt go that high. It will take a lot of grinding beyond 2k to actually get the points you need to reach 2.2k.