Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yeah the Dragon events are pretty decent if there are only 10-15 people participating. The scaling is just really off though. Jormag is the most interesting one of them and probably scales the best.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad the OP is asking questions about the game before he buys it. I can't stand X wow players that buy it with very little information and then bash it.

Guild wars 2 is a great game, and the leveling experience alone is worth the 60 dollar price tag. You will not regret buying it.
    I've played it since beta every single day and still have not stopped.

Off topic: but why OP, do you have an emaciated naked girl chest bumping a dirty ball as your avatar?
    Last edited by Snow White; 2013-04-24 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Off topic: but why OP, do you have an emaciated naked girl chest bumping a dirty ball as your avatar?
    Why do you have Eir swimming in the sea staring at a dragon eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Degausser View Post
    Convincing as in is it worth the money..
    Considering it's a one-time expense with no monthly subscription, you don't really have a lot to lose.

That being said, I really, really, really wanted to like the game, especially the Mesmer, but in the end, I simply couldn't get into it.

It just kind of feels like it's missing something.

I know it's likely against the ToS but if you have a friend with an account who won't mind letting you log in and play around for a few hours, I'd recommend you try that.

I essentially gave my account to my unemployed older brother who was a huge fan of the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Considering it's a one-time expense with no monthly subscription, you don't really have a lot to lose.

That being said, I really, really, really wanted to like the game, especially the Mesmer, but in the end, I simply couldn't get into it.

I know it's likely against the ToS but if you have a friend with an account who won't mind letting you log in and play around for a few hours, I'd recommend you try that.

I essentially gave my account to my unemployed older brother who was a huge fan of the original.
    I guess the one thing missing was your old World of Warcraft character that you have been working on for so long

I really love the class concept, the way my female mesmer fight with gun on one hand, sword on the other was just .... mesmerizing. Too bad I'm pve only and the game cant hold me for long. Still, for 60 bucks, its well worth it, definitely recommended.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

pretty much my take on it too. its fun, looks good but ultimately left me feeling a bit meh. im not a fan of the races or the setting particularly. i missed my orc hunter or undead warlock. i jsut didnt get the same amount of flavour in GW2.

We have a sticky thread right at the top of the forum with a good overview of many GW2 features and systems: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!

Convincing anyone to buy Guild Wars 2 is about the same endeavor as many other commercial video games.

The logic goes as follows:
    1. Do you have an internet connection?
    2. Do you have $60?
    3. Does the gameplay seem interesting to you?

If yes to all those, purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    I guess the one thing missing was your old World of Warcraft character that you have been working on for so long
    On the contrary, I casually play both Age of Conan and RIFT with the occasional Secret World on the side alongside my Warcraft account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.