10+ Year Old Account

Herbing, to make potions, or to mill?

Sup guys
    I've got every single profession and im trying to make a little money off it, ive also got probably 1000 MOP herbs of different kinds, is it worth crafting them into potions, or mill in an attempt to make darkmoon cards, or even glyphs?

I've no idea which of those to do and I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Depends entirely on your server's economy. You'll have to check prices for potions, flasks, glyphs, shoulder enchants, that sort. I tend to favor flasks, then potions, then shoulder enchants. Glyphs can sell, albeit very slowly (least from my experience). YMMV

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, flasks are like 50g each, not much at all as the requirement cost is higher, same for potions, they all sell 50g for 5 which dosen't seem much at all ='/

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Hmm, flasks are like 50g each, not much at all as the requirement cost is higher, same for potions, they all sell 50g for 5 which dosen't seem much at all ='/
    Doesn't seem like much, but if you create them on toons that are specced for procs then it can be quite decent profit. Also, right about now prices will probably be lower as we are almost 2 months into Throne of Thunder. Once Siege hits they'll end up going back up for a bit if you want to try and hold out.

Deleted
    You have to know your ah, see whats profitable and what isnt.
    Glyphs is all or nothing and requires you to babysit auctions and use TSM imo.
    Make both pots and flasks and then see which sells only make stuff if you cna mak a profit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the realm, if you have a decent sized raiding community it's very easy to make money with potions. 20 potions cost 50-60g in mats on my realm and they sell for about 120-150g. If you add that on popular raid nights, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday I can sell up to 100 stacks that's a very nice income for such a low effort.

As for glyphs I find them very hard to make money off it, bots are scanning the AH 24/7 and I'm lucky if I can sell 10 glyphs a day. Only good part is the darkmoon cards, those can make a huge profit every month if you stack up the scroll of wisdoms.
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

According to my spreadsheet and with my server econ, I make about 61g per stack of herbs. I can regularly buy them for 40g a stack. but I cannot flood the market, so my shenanigans are minimal.

if you don't want to play the ah as much you can make the shoulder enchants and just vendor them for some cash and ah the rare inks.