Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    we actually taunt a bit differently then above
    MT1 gets 1 stack => goes down to nest 2 (big add) => gets back and taunts back when MT2 has 2 stacks => MT2 taunts back when MT1 has 2 stacks - this is the point of nest 4 and flying up is only slightly delayed - thanks to it the group grabs Primal Nutriment when flying up to nest
    after this MT1 jumps down and switches with MT2 at 2 stacks; when nest 8 comes MT2 gets a 2nd stack and is free to go down; on nest 12 MT2 has feathers (MT1 already used theirs to grab some primal nutriment for dps boost)

not that it matters I think ;-P

Oh yeah - and we have disc priest who goes to EVERY nest (and at 9+10 he goes down to 9th)

We almost had this on our 1 hour go last night before we cleared it however the one thing that wiped us was on the 7th platform sometimes on the 9th we got dubbel egg spawning. What I mean is we got down there were 4 eggs then another 4 spawned on the same platform while we were dpskng the first.

Is this a bug or are we missing something?

Had the first set of eggs hatched? The Fledglings will lay more eggs if you don't kill them fast enough. One thing we noticed the first week (not sure if it's been fixed since we've worked out our timing around it) is if you let food get to the nests and don't let the Hatchlings start to eat (they don't have to finish) then the food sticks around and the next time that nest spawns they can start eating right away the moment they hatch. This puts you on a pretty short timer before they lay an egg.
    Last edited by Emerya; 2013-04-15 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    We almost had this on our 1 hour go last night before we cleared it however the one thing that wiped us was on the 7th platform sometimes on the 9th we got dubbel egg spawning. What I mean is we got down there were 4 eggs then another 4 spawned on the same platform while we were dpskng the first.

2 groups spawn at the same time, thats where your 2nd group comes in

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    2 groups spawn at the same time, thats where your 2nd group comes in
    Thats not what I meant... But lerris os correct we killes the first platform to fast and had feed pools still there so the second time around they fed real fast and did a ley egg..
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Deleted
    hey guys i tought i send my question since its ji-kun 10 hc active thread.
    is there a limite for how many player can get nutriment ? if yes do know how many can get it ?
    Last edited by mmoce3e5db4a0e; 2013-04-17 at 06:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueblad View Post
    hey guys i tought i send my question since its ji-kun 10 hc active thread.
    is there a limite for ho many player can get nutriment ? if yes do know how many can get it ?
    No, everyone hit should be able to get it.

As for the double eggs spawn, we noticed the same on platform #7 (The first lower platform on the 2nd rotation). Atleast our Enhancement shaman whined somewhat, I believe it wasn't a problem though after they just pumped DPS a little more.

Deleted
    so if your enh is is right there is limite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueblad View Post
    so if your enh is is right there is limite
    No, i answered a different guy's question... Maybe should have quoted him aswell.

As far as I know there is NO limit on getting the nutriment buff.

Our Enh shaman experienced extra EGGS on the 7th platform

I read the whole post and still have some doubts. Do you guys really think its a waste of time bringing 3 healers, even if the healer that have a dps spec is a 505 ele shammy//

And another thing, our raid comp is:

Dk blood
    War Prot
    Pally Holy
    Monk MW
    Shammy Resto
    Mage Fire
    Lock Aff
    Moonkin
    Hunter
    Monk WW

So what do you guys think will be the best setup to group 1 and 2//
    Had like 1h of trys yesterday but our groups wasnt really good =(
    Thanks for the help

15+ Year Old Account
    We did it with 3 healers, not sure why would anyone consider it a waste, i actually think 2 healing would make it really hard, as tank spikes can be pretty high, and quills aren't a walkover, but we had disc priest which u don't, as they help a lot of damage

group wise i'd go with hunter and hunter and either moonkin or warlock, helped by monk healer on main Nest duty, and for 2nd down nests we usually put the remaining 3 dps, and usual nest healer goes with them, as he goes

so group 1: hunter, lock/boomkin and monk healer
    and group 2: mage, monk, and either of lock/boomkin (whichever doesn't take main duty)
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

A lot of you guys are making this fight way too complicated.

G1: 3 DPS, 1 healer
    G2: tank, 2 awesome cleavers, 1 healer

G1 takes odd nests, G2 takes even nests. The tank only needs to go on 2, 4, and 8. After nest 8, get Primal Nutrients, pop hero+second pot, and burn boss. That's the whole fight.

If you're running 2 healers, there should always be 1 healer back in time to heal Quills, and you'll have 1 extra DPS that can just tunnel the boss the entire time, making the kill faster. If you're running 3 healers, 1 should just sit on the platform full time, making healing easier. We've done both and they both work and both are pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    A lot of you guys are making this fight way too complicated.

G1: 3 DPS, 1 healer
    G2: tank, 2 awesome cleavers, 1 healer

G1 takes odd nests, G2 takes even nests. The tank only needs to go on 2, 4, and 8. After nest 8, get Primal Nutrients, pop hero+second pot, and burn boss. That's the whole fight.

If you're running 2 healers, there should always be 1 healer back in time to heal Quills, and you'll have 1 extra DPS that can just tunnel the boss the entire time, making the kill faster. If you're running 3 healers, 1 should just sit on the platform full time, making healing easier. We've done both and they both work and both are pretty easy.
    So with 2 healers, you always send one with a group? What about when the double spawns occur? on group goes without a healer?

Quote Originally Posted by xxajziegxx View Post
    So with 2 healers, you always send one with a group? What about when the double spawns occur? on group goes without a healer?
    We stop at 8 and burn the boss. The first double is 9/10.

Deleted
    We gave this boss a few tries last night but we didn't manage to down him, though we got kinda close a couple times (we only had about 1 hour and a half).

First our comp was:

Prot Paladin
    BrM Monk

Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman

Ele Shaman
    Enh Shaman
    SV Hunter
    Assa Rogue
    Fury Warrior

And our groups:

Group 1: Prot Paladin, Enh Shaman, Ele Shaman, Disc Priest
    Group 2: BrM Monk, SV Hunter, Fury Warrior, Resto Shaman
    Spare: Rogue

Our main issue at the start was people trying to fly to/from nests during Quills and healers unable to top them fast enough once they were back in range (or just plain dying midflight). After that we just weren't sure when to tell the nests to fuck off and nuke the boss. We tried it once at like.. the 12th nest (not sure)? The boss was at about 24% but we had so many pools and shit going about that we just died without doing much more damage (had a couple dead too).

So, two questions:

When do you start ignoring the nests and pop BL to nuke the boss? Or do you always keep doing the nests?

Secondly, how do you do it with 2 healers? Always have both on the platform and just send one down for the nests that'll have quills popping up? Or would the DPS shamans be able to outheal it with Ancestral Guidance and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    And our groups:

Group 1: Prot Paladin, Enh Shaman, Ele Shaman, Disc Priest
    Group 2: BrM Monk, SV Hunter, Fury Warrior, Resto Shaman
    Spare: Rogue
    You don't need a tank on every platform. Only nests 2, 4, and 8 (not sure after that; 16?) have the Guardian. Given that, I would set groups up more like this:

Group 1: Rogue, Enh Shaman, Ele Shaman, Disc Priest
    Group 2: Tanks (whichever can go), SV Hunter, Fury Warrior, Resto Shaman

Our main issue at the start was people trying to fly to/from nests during Quills and healers unable to top them fast enough once they were back in range (or just plain dying midflight).
    If people are going to nests during Quills, they are waiting far too long. If they're going back to the boss during Quills, they're going too early (from the bottom; leaving top should be np) or your healers are just being bad. It's not that you shouldn't be moving around during Quills, it's that the natural timing of the fight means you should never really be in the air while Quills is going. Remember to use personal cooldowns.

After that we just weren't sure when to tell the nests to fuck off and nuke the boss. We tried it once at like.. the 12th nest (not sure)? The boss was at about 24% but we had so many pools and shit going about that we just died without doing much more damage (had a couple dead too).
    Since our first kill, we've ignored nests after 8. We just wait for the Feed Young of nest 9/10, pop hero, and burn boss. Part of the problem you're having with pools is you're just waiting a long time to burn. We burned him from 40% on our first kill and he still melted pretty quickly.

Also, with that many pools out, I imagine people are not grabbing blobs with all their feathers. The way to do this is wait to fly up from bottom nests (yes, just sit there) until there is 2s left til the next nest spawns (nest 1 can fly up immediately and burn another for the buff, but that's the only one). This gives you time to fly up and park above the boss until the blobs shoot out. On the upper nests, wait to fly up until Feed Young goes out, then grab a blob on your way up. G1 will have an extra feather to burn during nests 1-3 and another during nests 5-7. G2 will have to hold one of their feathers during nests 4-6 so they can fly up every time they need to.

Grabbing that many buffs will keep the platform mostly pool free and the boss will die faster and allow you to burn sooner, meaning even fewer pools.

So, two questions:

When do you start ignoring the nests and pop BL to nuke the boss? Or do you always keep doing the nests?

Secondly, how do you do it with 2 healers? Always have both on the platform and just send one down for the nests that'll have quills popping up? Or would the DPS shamans be able to outheal it with Ancestral Guidance and stuff?
    1. We burn after nest 8 (ignore 9/10). I've seen people do nests clear up to 14 before they burn, but I can't imagine that ever being necessary; probably just bad DPS.
    2. With 2 healers, it's the same thing. Nests should be dying fast enough that healers can get back on the platform really fast (healers shouldn't wait for blobs, btw). There should always be 1 healer on the platform, otherwise you're doing something wrong with nests because they're taking far too long. 3 healers is probably easier than 2, but either works for this fight.

Deleted
    Thanks, Squirl.

To be clear, we don't send tanks down on all the groups, we just have a tank assigned to each group so we know which one to go down when there's a nest guardian up.

My main issue with the 2 healer tactic is the big incoming dmg tanks take plus quills damage. Since 2 healers would imply one of them is constantly on the move between nests it would fall on the lone healer to handle the tanks and the raid during quills and that's what I fear might fail, but I guess I'll have to try and see .

Thanks a lot (again) for all the tips!

Deleted
    Squirl, thanks again. Last night we managed to clear all the way to Ji-kun and have our last 40 minutes (or so) of tries on him and it did land us a kill following your 'nuke after 8th nest' tip.

Was a lot easier and felt way less RNG than trying to go all the way to the 13th nest as we were trying previously.

If it matters for anyone else struggling with this fight, we got the kill using:

Tanks: Paladin, Monk
    Healers: Shaman, Priest (Disc), Paladin
    DPS: Ele Shaman, Enh Shaman, Rogue, Warr, Mage

Basically the same setup as my original post except the mage came in place of the hunter.

We did as Squirl suggested: After 8th nest is cleared you get down, wait for feed young, everyone grabs it, pop hero, nuke boss, GG. Also, if you want to track the DPS requirements, Squirl did say that on their kill the boss was at about 40% at the end of nest 8 and it's about right. We had him at about 36% when the nest group came down.

so u 3 healed it or 2 healed it? our grp is also doing 3 heals but i dont think the boss goes down below even 45% after 8th nest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    so u 3 healed it or 2 healed it? our grp is also doing 3 heals but i dont think the boss goes down below even 45% after 8th nest.
    You tunnel the boss after the 12th nest (we do atleast) which is when you want it as low as possible but you can easily burn ~30% off...

I wouldn't change amount of healers and what not untill you actually wipe due to lack of dps.