Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    It kinda saddens me to see someone discussing "good" TV shows, not mentioning Justified or Sons of Anarchy, but including fucking DUCK DYNASTY of all things. Oh well, to each their own, I guess.
    i missed those shows when they first came on, so i dont know if they are good or not, they are on my list but it takes me awhile to get caught up on shows, i just got caught up with game of thrones this year.

also duck dynasty is hilarious as long as you dont take it to seriously
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't know I don't watch TV.

Quote Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
    Wouldn't know I don't watch TV.
    okay i get some of you guys dont watch tv, but whats the point of posting then? you guys arent adding anything to the conversation
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

"is it just me or has tv gotten amazingly good lately?"
    As a fan of science fiction I would emphatically disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    As a fan of science fiction I would emphatically disagree.
    i think even science fiction has gone up, although most of my favorite new ones arent really american shows >_<.

continuum, defiance, revolution (yeah its not THAT good but i still find it enjoyable) orphan black.

but i agree science fiction still needs ALOT more good shows. but i made this thread to talk about tv in general not one specific genre, (although science fiction could mean almost anything its kind of hard to call it its own genre)

There was only one great mushroom war but whatever I'll let it slide.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    There was only one great mushroom war but whatever I'll let it slide.
    actually in the episode where finn wishes the lich had never happened we find out there was actually two,

the first one brought magic, the 2nd one brought the lich and other evil stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually in the episode where finn wishes the lich had never happened we find out there was actually two,

the first one brought magic, the 2nd one brought the lich and other evil stuff.
    You got a source on that because I'm pretty sure there was only one mushroom war.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

You got a source on that because I'm pretty sure there was only one mushroom war.
    when finn wishes the lich had never existed the world is still in a post apocalyptic state, and marceline and simon fought in the war, however marceline was born after the first war so theres no way she couldve remembered or fought in it to tell finn.

also whatever it was that was inside the bomb that created the lich mustve also amplified magic because without the lich the candy kingdom never arises, humans arent an endangered species, and jake cant talk, also marceline ages faster than she should because in the alternate timeline she should have been around the same age as she is in the normal timeline except shes old and doesnt look like a teenager although its possible thats because she was living in a cave and not eating any red.

still we dont know what causes either of the wars, or why the 2nd one started since so far the only survivors of the war that we know of are simon and marceline and possibly the people who live on mars

when finn wishes the lich had never existed the world is still in a post apocalyptic state, and marceline and simon fought in the war, however marceline was born after the first war so theres no way she couldve remembered or fought in it to tell finn.

also whatever it was that was inside the bomb that created the lich mustve also amplified magic because without the lich the candy kingdom never arises, humans arent an endangered species, and jake cant talk, also marceline ages faster than she should because in the alternate timeline she should have been around the same age as she is in the normal timeline except shes old and doesnt look like a teenager although its possible thats because she was living in a cave and not eating any red.

still we dont know what causes either of the wars, or why the 2nd one started since so far the only survivors of the war that we know of are simon and marceline and possibly the people who live on mars
    One bomb does not a war make, the bomb that created the lich was the final biggest bomb of the mushroom war. In Farmworld it doesn't explode because the ice king stops it from detonating. Marceline ages because she isn't turned into a vampire, but still ages slowly because she is half demon.

only 1 war.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

One bomb does not a war make, the bomb that created the lich was the final biggest bomb of the mushroom war. In Farmworld it doesn't explode because the ice king stops it from detonating. Marceline ages because she isn't turned into a vampire, but still ages slowly because she is half demon.

only 1 war.
    but the war had already ended by the time marceline was born, why would they be fighting in a war if it ended years ago?

but the war had already ended by the time marceline was born, why would they be fighting in a war if it ended years ago?
    No, she was born before, she was 7 years old at the end of the war.

Its also not exactly clear why she survived, but its probably related to the fact that she is half demon.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2013-04-24 at 08:43 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Haven't found that to be the case.

Then again I'm living inn Denmark, where they air TV shows/episodes from 2000-2005 often....

I guess you haft to live inn USA to get up to date TV.

Edit: Few things I have watched has been good trough. I liked Dexter, Entourage, Californication and Breaking bad. Sadly aint able to keep up with thoes kinds of shows, since again...Denmarks TV blows for anything new.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    A very small bit of it is good, but most are crap.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Archer/Dexter. Those are my shows.

No, she was born before, she was 7 years old at the end of the war.

Its also not exactly clear why she survived, but its probably related to the fact that she is half demon.
    theres no reason to assume that, the first time we see her shes in simon and marcy long after the war was over.

I watch TV for Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry...the old ones. Oh and the random old film that might be on. And Daily Show/Colbert report. It's fun just channel surfing until you get to something you like. Having everything at your finger tips just isn't all that fun to me. It's the reason I listen to the radio instead of plugging in an Ipod.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

theres no reason to assume that, the first time we see her shes in simon and marcy long after the war was over.
    That wasn't long after, it was maybe a year after.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I haven't even heard of most of those shows, but it's nice to see someone who isn't on the "everything sucks the older it gets" bandwagon.
    Same lol, I don't know what any of those are. Granted, I also don't watch TV. If a series comes out on DVD and my friends recommend it, I'll check it out. Other than that, I stopped watching TV when I got into boot camp in '00, and never really picked it back up. Other than, on occasion when I'm visiting my parents, I like to watch the History Channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

There's definitely more on TV that keeps my attention in the past few years than in the entire previous decade.

It baffles me how you list Duck Dynasty as good television, though.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 04:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Haven't found that to be the case.

Then again I'm living inn Denmark, where they air TV shows/episodes from 2000-2005 often....

I guess you haft to live inn USA to get up to date TV.

Edit: Few things I have watched has been good trough. I liked Dexter, Entourage, Californication and Breaking bad. Sadly aint able to keep up with thoes kinds of shows, since again...Denmarks TV blows for anything new.
    That's the beauty of the internet, my friend.

I haven't actually watched TV as it aired in YEARS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.