Thread: Card Tooltips

Deleted

Card Tooltips

Any plan on adding card tooltips to links on MMO champ like you've done with the WoWDB stuff? not sure how much work would be involved but i know i (and probably many others) would be really chuffed with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, yes I saw those popping up on other sites and immediately went to chaud to ask him if there were plans for it for MMO-C. He couldn't tell me anything definite apart from the fact there was going to be a meeting Soon™ where things would be discussed.

Most of this is down to Curse I think, and if they are going to make a database from which we can link the cards, in addition to maintaining the Wiki they've allready set up. All in all, with limited information and no beta to actually play yet and see what cards there are in the game, any database we have at the moment is based on fans diligently compiling information and turning it into a makeshift DB with lots of cards missing or incomplete. With Blizzard still fully developing the game it's highly likely that a card we saw in the original Fireside duel has allready been changed in the meantime. Any working DB's and working tooltips are a labour of love from hardworking fans and require a lot of upkeep and constant (re)checking with new information.

So in short, MMO-Champion people are aware of this, but there's no information yet on IF and if so WHEN a feature like hover-link tooltips would be implemented.

On a personal note, I'd love this as much as any other poster, so you can be assured I'll be asking about it every now and then to see if there's any news.

Deleted
    Exactly what i wanted to hear, cheers buddy!

You guys should considering making (or using) tooltips like the ones on arcanedust.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma22 View Post
    You guys should considering making (or using) tooltips like the ones on arcanedust.com.
    Yeah I've seen 2 versions, either straight up links to how the card looks in game, or a more WoW tooltip like thing with the basic information in a fixed way on it. Both versions have their benefits and problems, I guess. No idea what I'd like best, though. I think I'd prefer to see the actual card, since that's what you are going to be used to in game too.

Deleted
    I think the card option would be the better of the two as well, but i'll quite happily take anything at the moment.

Hearthstonepedia also went with the card option - since that's what people expect.

Wowhead tooltips are designed to look like the tooltips in WoW, it shouldn't be carried over to HS since it's totally different games/experience.
    Hearthston Playerswww.hearthstoneplayers.com Updates everyday! Featuring the latest articles, news and strategies! Twitter @hearth_players

Quote Originally Posted by justjimmy View Post
    Hearthstonepedia also went with the card option - since that's what people expect.

Wowhead tooltips are designed to look like the tooltips in WoW, it shouldn't be carried over to HS since it's totally different games/experience.
    I prefer Arcanedust's, honestly. They look sharper and the official art is quite nice.