Thread: LFR Queues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    No, no and no.

Punishing your player base is a good way to lose subs. There will always be reasons why people leave an LFR before completion. Maybe they don't have time to finish it - this could be because the queue took an hour, or a lot of wipes, or maybe something just came up. Maybe they are having lag issues. Maybe they aren't feeling well, or are too tired to continue, or maybe they just have no desire to wipe on a boss that doesn't drop any loot they still need. Maybe they got kicked out of the last group because they are bad at the game, or some griefer managed to get the group to kick them.

Either way it doesn't matter. People have legitimate reasons to leave before the last boss.

The solution is to reward players for sticking it out. If you join an existing LFR with 1 or 2 bosses down, your rewards are a fast 90 VP and also a guaranteed fresh run of the instance next time you queue. And if you stick it out in your second run and complete the bosses you have already killed, you get an extra 45 VP (often for just killing 1 extra LFR boss). Maybe a good suggestion is to reward a player with a full 90VP for completing any LFR in which at least 1 boss was needed for looting. So for example: Join LFR, get last boss. Kill last boss get 90VP. Join again, get fresh run. Kill last boss get another 90VP. Join LFR again - get 45 VP for completing it regardless of which boss you start on (but when someone who has completed all LFR bosses in that wing for the week queues they should get put into in-progress LFRs).
    Sadly the preference thing is either working badly or isn't working.

Myself and a dps friend queued up and joined and killed the last boss and queued again to again be put on the last boss.

After wiping half a dozen times before the kill the first time (after the buff had built enough to heal the raid enough to survive the mechanics) I'm sorry but I shouldnt have to kill the boss again and hope again that I get a fresh instance so we both left ( I admit, making others join to the same fate).

My friend even messaged a gm who actually ticketed a GM who actually confirmed that no such preference exists.

I tried about 10 more queues before getting a fresh run that I finished early wednesday morning (EU) with the only one prior to that getting anything but the last boss. Sadly for me it was a bugged 2nd Twins where people had managed to get past the doors towards the last boss without killing the boss. Therefore the fight was in progress with nobody in the room to kill.

It was beyond annoying to have to queue alot of time and take the debuff or spend loads in repairs and time (probably more time than the 30 debuff) as others learn the last fight and build up the buff.

If Im honest I expected the boss to be nerfed last night so this problem would disappear, instead I just have to hope more gear and more experience will do improve things.
    Last edited by mmoc281d80d4a4; 2013-04-24 at 04:40 PM.

The one problem I have is when I queue into Pinnacle and only Lei shen is left. After I kill the boss and requeue I sometimes continually get into another raid finder at Lei shen. It is slightly annoying (and not really productive) as I just leave every time because 30mins of fighting that boss isn't worth 45 valor.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifer View Post
    Sadly the preference thing is either working badly or isn't working.

Myself and a dps friend queued up and joined and killed the last boss and queued again to again be put on the last boss.

After wiping half a dozen times before the kill the first time (after the buff had built enough to heal the raid enough to survive the mechanics) I'm sorry but I shouldnt have to kill the boss again and hope again that I get a fresh instance so we both left ( I admit, making others join to the same fate).

My friend even messaged a gm who actually ticketed a GM who actually confirmed that no such preference exists.

I tried about 10 more queues before getting a fresh run that I finished early wednesday morning (EU) with the only one prior to that getting anything but the last boss. Sadly for me it was a bugged 2nd Twins where people had managed to get past the doors towards the last boss without killing the boss. Therefore the fight was in progress with nobody in the room to kill.

It was beyond annoying to have to queue alot of time and take the debuff or spend loads in repairs and time (probably more time than the 30 debuff) as others learn the last fight and build up the buff.

If Im honest I expected the boss to be nerfed last night so this problem would disappear, instead I just have to hope more gear and more experience will do improve things.
    Actually that preference DOES exist. However I believe a recent blue post said that it only applies to solo queues? I could be wrong on that, but it does exist. If the GM told you otherwise they're mistaken or worded it in such a way that you didn't understand.

I honestly hope they don't nerf Lei Shen, it's tuned correctly, people just need more time with it.

Deleted
    These hideous queue times lead to another problem - classes that have healer spec available queue as healers for LFR (for faster queue) but they don't do their job.
    I did first part of HOF LFR last week, kills were not clean, the incoming damage seemed rather high, I stayed alive mainly due to avoiding crap and using my personals when I could. Then i checked skada and i was shocked, it was something like this

HPS for last fight
    1. <Healer1> 40k
    2. <Healer2> 34k
    3. <Tank> 28k
    4. <Random guy> 1k

What the...? We had TWO healers that actually healed! Rest of those people were just dps queuing as healing for faster q.
    I hope the loot spec option will reduce this retardness and encourage more tanks/healers into fullfiling roles they queued for, while still gearing their DPS spec if they wish to.

I wasted <insert length of time> waiting for an aspect of a game, which I waste time playing. *scratch head*

Blizz's reply to that is, "Back in the day, you would waste said time ( again while wasting time playing a game) , 'Trying' to get a group together which all parties involved had to travel to said raid/dungeon."

Please select from the following options.

1. Help me! It's so hard now.

2. Revert grouping to the days of old, where I had to find 5-40 people willing to complete said dungeon each day/week so I could gear up

3.OMGWTFBBQ

4. never mind, it's actually nice the way the system is now, and I admit the error of my frustration, for I would probably be even more frustrated if I had to get said group/raid of 5-40 people together and make sure everyone is at said instance.

5. Delete

/sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by bertieballs View Post
    well today i just wasted 5 hours queueing for pinnacle and was put on last boss 7 fucking times in a row...... 30-40 min wait times too, i need the other 2 bosses 1st as i like to down then in order if i get the chance, the system need fixing as i cant do this every week.
    You want fresh ques. Non fresh ques are made because people leave before the last boss is down. What do you do? Que 7 times and leave before the boss is down. You, sir, are causing non fresh ques to happen. Want it to change? Then never leave a group before the last boss is down. Otherwise you have no business complaining.

Personally, I don't care if I'm on the last boss. If it's a run I don't need any gear from, GREAT! Quick and easy valor for one boss. If it's a run I do need gear from, down the last boss, reque, and then 9 out of 10 times the next que will be fresh. It's not like time spent in a que is wasted anyway. You can play the auction house. You can do dailies. You can farm. You can minimize the screen and watch a movie. Sure as heck beats going to the work of manually putting a raid group together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post

I feel like people in the OP's situation should at the very least get credit for completing the instance and even if no boss gear (because they didn't fight the boss), at least get a bonus roll.
    they DO get something.. more valor points... if you complete a 2nd run of any LFR section you get 50% of the valor you got the first time... say you got 90... you got 45 the 2nd time.

or, in my case if I'm valor capped on another toon I get 135 per LFR run... then 67 or 68 if I complete a 2nd run... even if its only the last boss.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    What the...? We had TWO healers that actually healed! Rest of those people were just dps queuing as healing for faster q.
    I hope the loot spec option will reduce this retardness and encourage more tanks/healers into fullfiling roles they queued for, while still gearing their DPS spec if they wish to.
    Loot spec will in no way prevent people from queuing as heals for faster queuing, and then not healing. If anything it will ENCOURAGE that behavior, because now you can queue as pally heals and get pally tanking gear, or as resto drood and get feral gear, et cetera.

If groups aren't finishing the final boss, then everyone is going to be sent to the final boss even if they've been there already.

That's how it goes. Stick with it or just queue for another wing. The ilevel's all the same.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    they DO get something.. more valor points... if you complete a 2nd run of any LFR section you get 50% of the valor you got the first time... say you got 90... you got 45 the 2nd time.

or, in my case if I'm valor capped on another toon I get 135 per LFR run... then 67 or 68 if I complete a 2nd run... even if its only the last boss.
    Yeah, but no one in his right mind queues LFR for valor.

Yeah, but no one in his right mind queues LFR for valor.
    I do. You really don't think so many higher geared players are running heart of fear for the gear, do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Personally, I don't care if I'm on the last boss. If it's a run I don't need any gear from, GREAT! Quick and easy valor for one boss.
    The problem is really Lei Shen. Right now, it's not a quick or easy fight usually. It's usually 4-8 wipes to kill him. Now, if I've not killed him and want loot, OK, but it's not really worth it for VP.

Last week I zoned in and got him. Killed him on the 8th try and it was a good group (meaning cool people). It was kind of fun since it was the first time I'd seen the fight. The next day, I zoned in, got a fresh queue. Killed the first 2 bosses and left. Why? Because I was probably going to spend 45 mins killing Lei Shen and didn't need the VP that badly. As people learn t he fight and it's 1-3 wipes, more of us will stick around.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 02:52 PM ----------

I do. You really don't think so many higher geared players are running heart of fear for the gear, do you?
    HoF, though, is quick. Either half of it is probably 30 mins or so with most groups. ToT LFR isn't at that point yet, esp not the last 2 wings.

You're doing it at least partly for fun. Which is FINE. But there are faster ways to earn valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know most are casual players and don't have time to get into guild raid, this is why we do LFR's right? anyway, the best sure way to get into an LFR real fast is to join as a group as little as 2, a healer, that's all you need, no wait no fuss, no LFR attempts boss with one healer short( I know some do but hardly any can trust all their healers), also queueing with a healer will also gets you on first boss more than last. here is what you do, when ready to roll just ask, ask guildies, ask trade or area you are in, most likely someone like you is ready to queue, trust me, try it once, you can also make a friend at same time. don't be shy just ask

10+ Year Old Account
    Start mid-fight on last boss? To me thats a perfect scenario. No work, and a quick and easy 90-140 vp.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You're doing it at least partly for fun. Which is FINE.
    No, I'm really not.