View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    One of dumber Blizzard ideas was to introduce "hero class". What's so heroic about that class? That they start at higher level. Impressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Well, I doubt Demon Hunters will ever be a playable class, but for the sake of the topic, I'll go along with it.

They should start at level one, just like every class except DKs. Why? Because we don't need another "Hero" class. I'm 99% sure Blizzard has also stated that they will not take the same route they did with DKs, and will not make any more "hero" classes.
    You know, Hero classes are hero classes cause they were playable as an hero on Warcraft III, and Demon Hunter is one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Demon hunters should start at 55 just like the other hero class, just because I'm OCD and would lose my shit if there wasn't a definite pattern. Honestly though, I'd think they should start off in shadowmoon anyway, at 55 and get sent to hellfire at 58.

Hero classes were a concept added simply because Death Knights were a badass class concept that would make no sense lore wise to be a class that started at lvl 1 with all the others. A paladin is something you grow to become, as is a warrior, or a mage. A death knight is something you get turned into against your will, and thus they needed a way to explain that. While demon hunters are something someone chooses to do, they aren't really something that is looked at by modern azerothian society as acceptable, and so while they could feasibly be a non hero class, it would make more sense for them to be one. Besides, I'd want my class only questline to involve carving out my eyes. Sounds like good wholesome warcraft.
    Last edited by Mshadowz; 2013-04-24 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    You know, Hero classes are hero classes cause they were playable as an hero on Warcraft III, and Demon Hunter is one of them.
    Paladins were a hero class in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos but were changed to a normal class when World of Warcraft was released. Paladins were also originally considered being made into a hero class in WoW.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Hero_Class#P...t_hero_classes
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Demon Hunters are confirned?
    Nope, it's just Jaylock, making assumptions trying to fob it off as fact, and get folks to bite.

Doubt they would do another Hero class after the fiasco with DK's, never say never, but I doubt we will see a Demon Hunter Hero class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    One of dumber Blizzard ideas was to introduce "hero class". What's so heroic about that class? That they start at higher level. Impressed.
    They were playable as heroes in WCIII.
    Unlike the other class, being dressed like it is not enough to be a Death Knight, they have an history, a past behind them, they had a normal life before dying and being resurrected as death knights by the scourge, then, they served the scourge, and we don't know for how many time.
    THIS explain the fact that they start at lvl 55, our heroes, already have an experience, they have a past, they already fought, you know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I never said that all the playable heroes in WCIII would become hero class, just that hero classes were playable as heroes in WCIII.
    Paladin is not an hero class simply cause when they created they did not even thinked about it and they simply needed a class to fill the game with.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-04-24 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think 65, putting them in a special BC zone (like the training grounds at Black Temple) which would be level appropriate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Nope, it's just Jaylock, making assumptions trying to fob it off as fact, and get folks to bite.

Doubt they would do another Hero class after the fiasco with DK's, never say never, but I doubt we will see a Demon Hunter Hero class.
    Where is the problem with Death Knights starting on lvl 55 ?

Deleted
    They were playable as heroes in WCIII.
    Unlike the other class, being dressed like it is not enough to be a Death Knight, they have an history, a past behind them, they had a normal life before dying and being resurrected as death knights by the scourge, then, they served the scourge, and we don't know for how many time.
    THIS explain the fact that they start at lvl 55, our heroes, already have an experience, they have a past, they already fought, you know what i mean.

I never said that all the playable heroes in WCIII would become hero class, just that hero classes were playable as heroes in WCIII.
    Paladin is not an hero class simply cause when they created they did not even thinked about it and they simply needed a class to fill the game with.
    From lore pov sure, I buy it. But from gameplay point of view it's ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing special about death knight in regard with other classes which would make him "hero class".
    But then again, how can you explain paladin as hero class in WC3?
    Last edited by mmoc9ff7ae5337; 2013-04-24 at 11:33 PM.

Where is the problem with Death Knights starting on lvl 55 ?
    It wasn't so much the problem with them starting at level 55, I think Blizzard had the issue with people thinking *Hero* Class should be super OP compared to other classes. They made a few statements in the past about how they wished they had done it differently with DK's and *Hero* tagging them.

Personally I don't have an issue with any new class they bring in starting at a higher level similar to DK's I just think tagging them as a Hero* Class confuses alot of people. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post

Whats wrong with making assumptions? Its an obvious choice to add as a new class in the expansion. This is a discussion forum, lets discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Whats wrong with making assumptions? Its an obvious choice to add as a new class in the expansion. This is a discussion forum, lets discuss!
    Because the way your OP and title are worded, makes it sound like it's fact as though some infos been released. Speculations fun, but your OP and title could be confusing to some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What level should the hero class Demon Hunters start out as?

Level 55?

Level 65?

Level 75?

Personally I think they should start out as level 65 with some outland related lore surrounding their triumphant emergence into the game. It would make sense as details about the new expansion (burning legion) have been emerging within game.
    70 seems right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    Why not level 1?

Maybe ive been soured by the horde of bad Death Knights as Ive entered Outland, but i'd be fine with starting at 1.
    With the next expansion having a max level of 95, is there really anything a player needs to learn that they can't get from the 40 levels between 55 and 95? Are those first 55 levels really so vital?

I vote 55. Complete their hero class starting area at level 58 puts them at precisely the level to venture into Outland, which is the best place for them to start leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    From lore pov sure, I buy it. But from gameplay point of view it's ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing special about death knight in regard with other classes which would make him "hero class".
    But then again, how can you explain paladin as hero class in WC3?
    I explained it in the post you just quoted.

There are pros and cons to having them start at those level ranges.

For level 55, they get to go through all of the Outland content, which would make sense for a Demon Hunter to go through, but that does mean they have 40 levels to go until max level (While annoying, isn't necessarily a bad thing, since they'll get a lot of experience with their class before they jump into end game content)

For 65, they can still have their Outland lore time by having their starting zone zone be in Outland (Black Temple, perhaps), they also get to jump right into Northrend content (who REALLY has the stomach to go through Outland for the thousandth's time? Though, they would probably update Outland for an expansion that would include these guys, so maybe 55 would be a pretty good starting point)

For 75 (more like 77, since you'd need to be level 80 to begin Cata content), the only benefit is less leveling to max level.

... my vote is level 55

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    With the next expansion having a max level of 95
    Source?
    /10char
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

90. Leveling sucks enough

Deleted
    It wouldn't make especially more sense for Demon Hunters to start on Outland, just cause Illidan is in Outland, Demon Hunters comes from Azeroth, not from Outland.
    But we could still imagine a scenario when they would have to "clean" the Outland from the remaining demons, but we could also imagine that the Demons would try to invade Azeroth and that they would be needed to defend the world against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 1 or level *5, wouldn't really mind either way. Leveling a monk wasn't so bad, especially with the double Xp/50% exp buff, which I expect them to continue on with.
    Look! Words!