View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Level 1.

Starting from "1" helps people learn their class better.
    If you're competent it takes an hour to learn how to play your character in PVE at a high level and maybe a few hours in pvp. If you're incompetent you'll never learn. Starting from level 1 doesn't make sense anymore since they turned it into an MMOLobby instead of an MMORPG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I explained it in the post you just quoted.
    You said death knights can be hero class because they have past. What past does paladin have?
    And then you said
    Paladin is not an hero class simply cause when they created they did not even thinked about it and they simply needed a class to fill the game with.
    According to Wowpedia
    Paladins were a hero class in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos but were changed to a normal class when World of Warcraft was released. Paladins were also originally considered being made into a hero class in WoW
    Not satisfied with your explanation :P

They were playable as heroes in WCIII.
    Unlike the other class, being dressed like it is not enough to be a Death Knight, they have an history, a past behind them, they had a normal life before dying and being resurrected as death knights by the scourge, then, they served the scourge, and we don't know for how many time.
    THIS explain the fact that they start at lvl 55, our heroes, already have an experience, they have a past, they already fought, you know what i mean.

I never said that all the playable heroes in WCIII would become hero class, just that hero classes were playable as heroes in WCIII.
    Paladin is not an hero class simply cause when they created they did not even thinked about it and they simply needed a class to fill the game with.
    Hero classes where something that had been around since vinallia, now if the idea goes as far back when they where deciding classes, I don't know.

I'm quite sure what plans Blizzard had for hero classes are something that isn't going to happen any more. I'm quite sure Blizzard regrets the hero class tag being ied to DK and don't think of them that way. Also by your logic Monks will be a hero class as well.

If there is a Demon Hunter class, I don't think it'll be called hero class.

Deleted
    Level 75 but force people to learn the skills required to participate in dungeons and group play via the starting quests so they aren't a hindrance to everyone else. They said they were planning on implementing a sort of training set of quests a while back i see no reason why the Demon Hunter, if it is introduced, cannot use that suggested function.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    You said death knights can be hero class because they have past. What past does paladin have?
    And then you said

According to Wowpedia
    Not satisfied with your explanation :P
    As i said, when they introduced the paladin class to WoW, they probably didn't thinked about the concept of hero class for World of Warcraft, they only needed a class to fill the game with, and they simply took the most obvious choice which was Paladin.
    And then, Paladin is no longer an hero class, when you start a Paladin ... well you are a random guy wanting to become a proud holy warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Level 75 but force people to learn the skills required to participate in dungeons and group play via the starting quests so they aren't a hindrance to everyone else. They said they were planning on implementing a sort of training set of quests a while back i see no reason why the Demon Hunter, if it is introduced, cannot use that suggested function.
    So force people to go into group content when they don't want to? What a horrible idea.
    And what happens if there isn't enough DH on to do this group play?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    Hero classes where something that had been around since vinallia, now if the idea goes as far back when they where deciding classes, I don't know.

I'm quite sure what plans Blizzard had for hero classes are something that isn't going to happen any more. I'm quite sure Blizzard regrets the hero class tag being ied to DK and don't think of them that way. Also by your logic Monks will be a hero class as well.

If there is a Demon Hunter class, I don't think it'll be called hero class.
    We never heard about monks before Mists of Pandaria and they havn't any past when creating the char, so i don't know how can you think that by my logic Monks should be an hero class, nonsense.
    Never heard about hero classes before the death knight.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-04-24 at 11:58 PM.

As i said, when they introduced the paladin class to WoW, they probably didn't thinked about the concept of hero class for World of Warcraft, they only needed a class to fill the game with, and they simply took the most obvious choice which was Paladin.
    And then, Paladin is no longer an hero class, when you start a Paladin ... well you are a random guy wanting to become a proud holy warrior.
    You should stop assuming. You completely ignored half of the wowpedia quote.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Warlocks start at level 1
    Just stop that...please.

Deleted
    level 55 ofc as all previous and future hero classes =P!

We never heard about monks before Mists of Pandaria and they havn't any past when creating the char, so i don't know how can you think that by my logic Monks should be an hero class, nonsense.
    Never heard about hero classes before the death knight.
    Brewmaster, not quite the same, but DKs arent the same they where in WCIII either, and either will DHs be in they become a class.

Hero classes where in Blizzards future section on the old website. Pre BC. I'll see if I can somehow dig that info up on wayback machine or something.

However if you can show me some proof that Blizzard considers a hero class a hero you can play in WCIII, I will concede.

http://web.archive.org/web/200502250...info/underdev/

and there you have it, from 2-25-2005.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; 2013-04-25 at 12:08 AM.

If legion expansion; outland is either going to be involved directly, or be back lore. It would be silly to have a class introduced, solely to fight the legion, skip outland - the place where we have interacted with the legion the most. So 55 or 1 would be right. I'd prefer 1. No more baddies in 6* dungeons please :\

10+ Year Old Account

No Demon Hunters.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You should stop assuming. You completely ignored half of the wowpedia quote.
    You should stop assuming too.
    Also, i said that they PROBABLY didn't thinked about it, not like if i affirmed it.
    What i said is, IMO, logical, World of Warcraft is "made from" Warcraft III, and classes come from units, without the paladins, the game would only have a single plate class, while there were three cloth classes, and two classes for both mail and leather, There were a healer of each of thoses materials except plate, the "Holy warrior" typical class from RPG was missing from the game -> missing thing detected -> Paladin.

Nothing says that they thinked about hero classes before WotLK -> Petitio Principii.

Deleted
    As high as possible. While the initial number of the class would be really high I think a lot of people wouldnt bother if they had to fully level again

It wouldn't make especially more sense for Demon Hunters to start on Outland, just cause Illidan is in Outland, Demon Hunters comes from Azeroth, not from Outland.
    But we could still imagine a scenario when they would have to "clean" the Outland from the remaining demons, but we could also imagine that the Demons would try to invade Azeroth and that they would be needed to defend the world against them.
    I think people would most associate Demon Hunters with Outland, considering there are only a handful you can interact with in the rest of the game (granted that they didn't originate in Outland).

It just might make the introduction of Demon Hunters go more smoothly for the non-lore versed among us (myself included)

I thought the Demon Hunter was an April Fools joke (and not even from Blizzard)?

You know, Hero classes are hero classes cause they were playable as an hero on Warcraft III, and Demon Hunter is one of them.
    And I said that Demon Hunter will more than likely not be a playable class. Therefore, no more hero classes. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Araxie; 2013-04-25 at 12:19 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level 1. Though I doubt we'll get a demon hunter class. I really doubt we'll get ANY new class next expansion.

when death knights came out they were 25 levels below level cap

so if i assume the next expansion will raise the level cap to 100 they should start at
    75, 70 if the cap is 95

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    One of dumber Blizzard ideas was to introduce "hero class". What's so heroic about that class? That they start at higher level. Impressed.
    a hero class doesnt mean anything other than getting their own starting zone and starting at a level higher than normal
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552