Lightbulb WoW needs numbers order.

Hello all,

this is pretty much my first post in MMO-Champion but since this is probably the most crowded wow-talk site I wanted to leave some ideas here too to see what people think about.

This post is actually simple, I think that after all this time, World of Warcraft needs some serious number overhaul... some order, I feel the hp pools, levels and item numbers are getting completely out of control and started to lack any sense. First the level progression is kinda messed up, first we have 60 levels of classic content and this part is completely swallowed by the speed players level now, reaching level 60 no longer feels an achievement cause it's not anymore such thing, is completely useless to faceroll over 60 levels to end up with characters with hp pools of 6-9k. Afterwards we have content packs of 10 levels in BC and LK that make the characters to grow MASSIVELY to over 50k, but it gets completely worse, Cata and MoP are just 5 level content packs that give players numbers so huge that is no longer logic imo. Seeing a 500k tank is kinda ridiculous.

I was talking to my guildmates, RL friends and most of them agree with me that one of the things is slowly killing the game over time is things like this, massive ludicrous numbers, level and content inconsistencies, then a friend and I talked about how hp pools and level progression should be tuned to give some logic to the game: (this is just theoretical, I just wanted to share it and see what people think cause seems way more logical to me and my friends)

-----------------------------

Level 10 (talents - BGs - DGs)

dps/heals = 500 - 600
    tanks = 700 - 1k

Level 20 (starter cap)

dps/heal = 1 - 1.2k
    tanks = 1.5 - 2k

Level 30 (perks - dualspec)

dps/heal = 2 - 2.5k
    tanks = 3 - 4k

Level 40 (vanilla)

dps/heal = 4 - 5k
    tanks = 7 - 8k

Level 50 (BC)

dps/heal = 8 - 10k
    tanks = 14 - 15k

Level 60 (LK)

dps/heal = 16 - 20k
    tanks = 28 - 30k

Level 70 (Cata)

dps/heal = 35 - 40k
    tanks = 50 - 60k

Level 80 (MoP)

dps/heals = 70 - 80k
    tanks = 100 - 120k

Level 90 (hypothetical expack)

dps/heals = 140 - 190k
    tanks = 200 - 240k

Level 100 (hypothetical expack)

dps/heals = 280 - 380k
    tanks = 400 - 580k

Level 110 (hypothetical expack)

dps/heals = 550 - 750k
    tanks = 800 - 950k

Level 120 (hypothetical expack, matches level 20 numbers)

dps/heals = 1000k - 1200k (or millions but I rather still see k)
    tanks = 1500k - 2000k

----------------------------------------------------------

Yes even the levels had been tuned down, but I feel it's way more interesting and organized.

Right now in-game, the diference between an endgame average dps/heal and a tank is about 45-50% more hp.
    I've used the same rule and separated expansion contents with an increase of 100%... players would feel progression and numbers would be far organized and logical, keeping the game for a few more expansions.

Right now with these exponential numbers, I really doubt the game will handle even 1 more expansion without feeling ubber ridiculous hitting thing for half a million hit points.

Your numbers are still exponential, and this does absolutely nothing for organisation or logic. It's still completely arbitrary.

All you did was make the numbers slightly smaller and have them grow somewhat slower.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3885585

There have been newer posts on the subject as well, but I won't be spending any time finding them since they haven't really mentioned anything drastically different in them.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post

There have been newer posts on the subject as well, but I won't be spending any time finding them since they haven't really mentioned anything drastically different in them.
    Yeah I read that months ago too, I was kinda happy they really wanted to take the initiative and do something about this subject, shame they didn't introduced it to the game in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Your numbers are still exponential, and this does absolutely nothing for organisation or logic. It's still completely arbitrary.
    All you did was make the numbers slightly smaller and have them grow somewhat slower.
    Yeah, they're still exponential, but with a smaller increase of 50% for tanks and other roles and 100% for new expansion contents, of course this helps organization and gives a sense of logic, the game would have a much more steady progression than what it has right now, having a radical steroids buff from LK to CAta then Cata to MoP seems completely ridiculous I think. Anyway
    Last edited by Blakmane; 2013-04-25 at 01:46 AM.