Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Fire Emblem, the game that was released here like 3 days ago, and I already have over 20 hours played.

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    Don't suppose anyone could trade me an

Adamant Scyther with Technician

I don't think I could give you much as I've just started my White 2 game but in exchange I will give you my never ending love.

Cheers
    I could give you anything for free, if my DS wasn't broken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Do you have the original DS? If so it only accepts one type of wifi signal or security (or something along those lines).
    Anything prior to the DSi can only connect to wifi with WEP security passwords of length 5, whereas most come with WEP length 8 or more.

The 3DS can connect to WEP with length 8.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I like Samurott

Actually, that's what made me hate or at least dislike Samurott, knowing that it was capable of standing on it's hind legs, and that it could actually turn it's front leg plate bits into swords.... Just no... Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust noooooooooooooo.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Just speculation:

Light type moves are strong vs: Poison, Ground, Rock, Ghost, Steel, Ice, Dark
    Light type moves are not very effective vs: Bug, Fire, Water, Electric, Dragon
    Light type moves do not affect: Grass, Light

Light type pokemon are weak against: Bug, Grass, Fire, Water
    Light type pokemon resist: Poison, Ground, Rock, Steel
    Light type pokemon aren't affected by: Ghost, Dark, Light

Assuming the rest of the table lies untouched (unlikely) the end result is:
    Grass becomes stronger and stops being a pointless type, and
    Dark and Ground are no longer "guaranteed" types (as in, in the top 12 for all lists).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Actually, that's what made me hate or at least dislike Samurott, knowing that it was capable of standing on it's hind legs, and that it could actually turn it's front leg plate bits into swords.... Just no... Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust noooooooooooooo.
    This + the shell on the head. Fix those and I would love Samurott eternally. Or give it Shell Smash.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i just realised i have a copy of Pearl Version still in its wrapping and as mediocre i remember diamond as being i feel i should at least play it so i can transfer the starter/legendaries to my BW2 - and so i need help filling the last spot on my planned team!

Fully evolved this is my planned team:

Deleted
    So i just realised i have a copy of Pearl Version still in its wrapping and as mediocre i remember diamond as being i feel i should at least play it so i can transfer the starter/legendaries to my BW2 - and so i need help filling the last spot on my planned team!

Fully evolved this is my planned team:

I would get a fighting type. In gen 4 I always go for Monferno or Gallade, but Lucario is an option too.

i was about to make me a new team also. just couldnt decide.

team 1. scizor,milotic,salamence,umbreon,volcarona,galvantula...i may make it an all bug sqaud still debating the viability. and add drapion(hey!!! he was a bug at 1 point in time!!!) crustle, and yanmega.

team 2. hydeigon,weavile,lucario,starmie,flygon,ferrothorn....no subs here besides the glaring weaknesses several of them share the teams pretty solid and most counters really arent fast enough to not get 1 shotted the next turn around...also this team wont allow you to set up on any of them besides ferrothorn.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    team 2. hydeigon,weavile,lucario,starmie,flygon,ferrothorn....no subs here besides the glaring weaknesses several of them share the teams pretty solid and most counters really arent fast enough to not get 1 shotted the next turn around...also this team wont allow you to set up on any of them besides ferrothorn.
    isnt Hydreigon in the uber tier <_<

isnt Hydreigon in the uber tier <_<
    Wifi Ubers:

Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-S, Dialga, Excadrill, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Thundurus, Zekrom.

So no. Hydreigon is sitting with Deoxys-D, Haxorus, Kyurem and a couple of other in the Wifi BL tier. It kinda suffered the same fate as Kyurem with having some pretty nasty weaknesses.

Dark is my favorite type. So many awesome Pokemon, Weavile, Shiftry, Sableye, Hydreigon, Drapion, Darkrai, Bisharp, Zoroark, Absol, Tyranitar, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt. I could go on, but I won't.
    Oh yeah, forgot about Tyranitar and Crawdaunt. Still, I don't really fancy the type too much.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-04-25 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted

Welp, now that's not a bad distribution at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Just speculation:

Dark and Ground are no longer "guaranteed" types (as in, in the top 12 for all lists).
    light i was thinking closer to that of light and glass so i speculated bug, grass, water, light, electric,ice, poison dragon and fire to be normal damage, fighting,ground,steel super effective. and the rest to not be very effective at all. sound to me would be a lot of a mystery. but 1 thing for sure ground would be a hard opposite and rock would take super effective damage from both.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Just speculation:

Sorry but that does not make sense. That would make light completely overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but that does not make sense.
    Light:
    *decomposes Poison,
    *discolours Rock, Steel and Ground,
    *goes through Ghosts,
    *melts Ice, and
    *conquers Dark.

Light also:
    *is absorbed by wildlife (Bugs not so much),
    *competes against Fire and Lightning,
    *cannot penetrate Water (lots of it), and
    *hardly affects beings of Light (Dragons).

And Light also:
    *is absorbed by plants, and
    *does not change when there's more Light.

You can work out the rest yourself.

That would make light completely overpowered.
    No. Steel's still the best defensive type, Fire becomes the new best offensive type.

Gen 1: Psychic OP, Psychic legendary at the end of the game
    Gen 2-5: Steel OP defensively
    Gen 6: Light OP, Light legendary at the end of the game.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Just speculation:

I agree with a few of those, but I could see Ice and Steel being resistant because they can reflect light. Ice needs a resistance that isn't ice, plus light isn't what is melting it, but the heat from it. You could argue for either side really. Steel doesn't need more, but you could argue for both sides, albeit Steel getting more resistances isn't what anyone wants.

Ground and Rock are quite odd to be weak against light, sure it can change it's color, but I wouldn't call that a weakness.

I could see dark and light being weak to each other, but that is just me.

Grass makes perfect sense, but light not affecting light at all seems a little odd.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    I could see dark and light.
    I don't. And that is why I think it won't be a light type if anything. The "Dark" Type doesn't really have anything to do with "Darkness" in general. It's more of a Dirty fighting type style. (See the moves, Sucker Punch, Bite, Beat-up, Foul Play). The japanese name also woulnd't translate to dark type, more to "Evil" type. And that type already has a opposite, fighting. Which symbolises honorable combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ice needs a resistance that isn't ice, plus light isn't what is melting it, but the heat from it.
    Photons hitting ice is energy transfer regardless of temperature, but I understand this.

Ground and Rock are quite odd to be weak against light, sure it can change it's color, but I wouldn't call that a weakness.
    Fire cannot exist without heat, but Ice isn't super-effective against Fire. This is why saying "it doesn't make sense" isn't constructive.

I could see dark and light being weak to each other, but that is just me.
    Dark is the absence of Light. Dark cannot exist when Light does, hence the one way weakness.

Grass makes perfect sense, but light not affecting light at all seems a little odd.
    Perfect opportunity to try out self-immunity, as no other pokemon have it and assuming that Light Pokemon would just absorb it and become stronger.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Perfect opportunity to try out self-immunity, as no other pokemon have it and assuming that Light Pokemon would just absorb it and become stronger.
    Actually there are some Pokemon that have self immunity thanks to their double types. But surprisingly few. But yeah a type that's immune to itself would be interesting for sure.