Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zoma13

I only just made the list, so I probably forgot a few, and there are some series I've read as a manga, but not an anime.

The two most recent I've seen are Death Note and Code Geass, and I'd prefer recommendations similar to those, where there is action, but it's mostly mind games and strategy between the protagonist and antagonist.

Preferred genre is action, usually shonen, but I don't mind seinen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

I only just made the list, so I probably forgot a few, and there are some series I've read as a manga, but not an anime.

The two most recent I've seen are Death Note and Code Geass, and I'd prefer recommendations similar to those, where there is action, but it's mostly mind games and strategy between the protagonist and antagonist.

You may want to check Mirrai Nikki, Steins;Gate, Zetsuen No Tempest and Ergo Proxy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

zetsuen no tempest. and if you like action and dark shit id go shingeki no kyojin

Deleted
    Done watching:
    mondaiji tachi
    Seto No Hanayome
    Gj-Bu

Watching:
    zetsuen no tempest.

Didn't like:
    Hidamari Sketch
    Little Busters!
    H2O: Footprints in the Sand

need moar recommendations!

Deleted
    Already watched over half of those :/ will look up the rest!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Already watched over half of those :/ will look up the rest!
    Aww okey, Im pretty sure non of them were in you MAL list though.

Watch Highschool DxD.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Aww okey, Im pretty sure non of them were in you MAL list though.
    Yeah, I still need to update it.. but it will take ages just trying to remember everything

Quote Originally Posted by XxLightningxX View Post
    Watch Highschool DxD.
    Enjoy.
    Did when it released ;(

15+ Year Old Account
    for the record if you dont know yet, HS DxD is getting season 2 in july.

Deleted

[Anime] What Anime Should I Watch?

So, let's get right on topic: I'm looking for a new Anime to watch.

I'm not really new to Anime overall, but I haven't watched quite as much as the really avid fans. I've watched One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, some of Death Note and a couple of Fairy Tail episodes (wasn't impressed with them so I dropped it). I even read the One Piece, Bleach and Naruto mangas.

What I'm looking for is an Anime that's similar to One Piece (my favorite so far) in the adventure/constant peril/strong-protagonist-but-not-quite-overpowered (Bleach, Naruto) and without the annoying female characters (Sakura of Naruto and Inoue of Bleach).

OR

An Anime that focuses more on making the viewer relate and feel for the characters presented in the series (cannot give any examples, new to me), possibly (but not necessarily) without super-powered fighting.

Overall I'm open to any suggestions you can throw at me, just clarify why I should watch it!

Thanks!

I thought Steins;Gate was awesome, albeit a little weird. It's very different from what you've seen, but you should try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attack on titan, its only 7 episodes in but its AMAZING, seriously one of the best animes ive seen in years, and ive seen a lot. Basically the story goes that humanity has been nearly wiped out by giants and the 1 last city is getting attacked, so humanity needs to fight back. Think you can watch the first 6 eps for free at crunchyroll.
    http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/attack-on-titan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Attack on titan, its only 7 episodes in but its AMAZING, seriously one of the best animes ive seen in years, and ive seen a lot. Basically the story goes that humanity has been nearly wiped out by giants and the 1 last city is getting attacked, so humanity needs to fight back. Think you can watch the first 6 eps for free at crunchyroll.
    http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/attack-on-titan
    Thanks for the response, I heard about it earlier and I'll definitely check it out.

Currently watching Elfen Lied (weird but cool so far), and I should add to my wishlist that I'd like an Anime that I can waste a lot of time on (One Piece), if there are any good Animes like that.

@Segus1992, I read the Steins;Gate manga when it first came out on Mangastream and I found it interesting, but it stopped for some reason. I'll probably check that out, too.

I would like to suggest:
    Tengen Toppa gurren lagann > robot, fighting
    Sword art online > online game
    Hunter X Hunter > training to become a hunter
    Gintama > about a samurai in a edo style world where aliens invaded, commedy, fighting
    Evangelion > psychological, robot, fighting
    Hajime no Ippo > boxing
    Great Teacher Onizuka > mafia leader becomes a teacher
    Slayers > about a strong wizard, advanture, fighting
    Higurashi no naku koro ni > horror, thriller
    Baccano > about a immortal mafia group
    Durarara! > plays in a city where different types off people meet (i guess )
    Fate/zero > wizard tournament, fighting
    Berserk > fighting, horror
    FLCL > strange
    Darker then Black > People with super power
    Clannad > drama
    Code-Geass > superpowers

and the Manhwa:
    The breaker

and manga:
    Berserk
    Gantz

[edit] + Soul eater xD
    Last edited by warlocx; 2013-05-19 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boku no Pico.

In all seriousness, from what you say you enjoy, I'd try Code Geass. It's 52 episodes I think, and it's one of the best out there right now. You can PM me if you want more suggestions, I've seen pretty much anything out there worth watching..though, I can't say I support Attack on Titan. Not really into it, yet.

Deleted
    That's a long list, warlocx, and I appreciate it but I'd prefer having a little more detailed opinions about specific Animes, rather than concise summaries of many. Thanks though!

I've had Code Geass suggested to me before, and I'll probably be checking that soon. However, given the amount of fighting Animes I've already watched, I want to try out something like Clannad. As for Clannad, should I watch the prequel first, or can I just jump right into After Story? I hear After Story is far better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    So, let's get right on topic: I'm looking for a new Anime to watch....
    Hunter X Hunter. This is basically an older much better, much more serious version of Naruto. If you can, watch the original series, if not, the current series is an ok substitute.

It is widely acknowledged as easily one of the best, if not the best, shounen manga and anime series ever made.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-05-19 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Watch the prequel first. "Clannad: After Story" loses a lot of impact if you haven't watched the first season (Clannad). It's a lot better if you've already "developed a relationship" to the characters thus making you care more about them.

Also merged with the request thread.
    Fair enough, that makes sense. Sorry, by the way, I didn't know there was a thread like that (probably because I didn't look >.<).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Hunter X Hunter. This is basically an older much better, much more serious version of Naruto. If you can, watch the original series, if not, the current series is an ok substitute.

It is widely acknowledged as easily one of the best, if not the best, shounen manga and anime series ever made.
    I agree with "One of the best", but THE best might be taking things a bit too far :P One Piece and Dragonball says "hi"

OT: Gonna add my vote for The Titan Onslaught/Attack on Titan and Clannad(s). And Hunter x Hunter.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P