View Poll Results: What level should Demon Hunters start out as?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Level 55

44 26.35%
  • Level 65

48 28.74%
  • Level 75

75 44.91%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxeon View Post
    Going by the amount of utterly retarded DK's in TBC dungeons, I'd say 1, let the kiddies learn their class before other people have to come into contact with them.
    Entering Hellfire Ramparts is indeed a nightmare, especially as a tank... Leveled up a Warrior not long ago with a friend who healed, the moment we got to Outland territory every single group had at least one death knight in them, often we had three Death Knight "DPS", who loved to run around in tank stance and use death grip.

Furthermore, I really don't want it to be gated at all. Monks weren't, why would Demon Hunters be, just because Death Knights were? I find Death Knights to be a huge mistake I hope Blizzard never repeats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxeon View Post
    Going by the amount of utterly retarded DK's in TBC dungeons, I'd say 1, let the kiddies learn their class before other people have to come into contact with them.
    DKs have ridiculously high tuning during those levels. I would be quite happy doing a TBC instance with a Blood tank, 3 Frost DKs and a fifth DK healing with Death Coil. Still some aggro issues on early Northrend instances, but that's hardly a DK exclusive issue. Awful players are awful no matter their level.

Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    IF this happens, I reckon it might be a gated event like DKs. But in Shadowmoon Valley, training under Illidan and Varedis. I would assume 65 in this case but might very well be zone instance for lvl 1.
    So far the only viable races seem to be night elves and blood elves, but since "the lore" states any race can become a demon hunter...well go figure.
    Gonna throw in some ideas I'm getting via brainstorming on the issue:
    Scenario:Lvl65 starter. Shadowmoon Valley gated. Races possible: Night elf, Draenei for Alliance and Blood Elf, Orc for Horde - these are the races one way or another tied to Illidan(discounting demons and naga)
    Inclusion of Draenei and Orcs will have to be knaakified. Blizzard should get FoS for this.
    No pure Draenei and Orcs in service of Illidan-new skins and race color variations incoming?
    DHs traditionally wear very little armor-only cloth and leather-gonna make it hard to justify 4th leather or cloth using class, unless they implement agility cloth(mail still has only 2 classes, but mail DH? Weird.)
    New class would bring total class count to 12-4 classes per each token. Sounds fair.
    DH with similar concept to monk in class design. Maybe even one healer tree, similar to wow mistweaver or WAR Disciple of Khaine.

Went sort of off topic sorry about that.

65. /speculation
    orcs are a good possibility but draenei really make no sense, sure any race CAN be a demon hunter but unlike death knights nobody was kidnapping draenei and forcing them to become them so it really wouldnt make much sense considering dark magics are frowned upon in draenei society.

the most likely races are

night elves

blood elves

humans

and forsaken.

since humans night elves and blood elves are the three main races who become demon hunters in lore, however any race CAN become one they just need to be taught so we could have gnome demon hunter, troll demon hunters, basically any race if blizzard really wanted to make them a hero class.

i dont want them to start in bcs timeline because A the lore in bc was a major mess and was horrible and i want to burn it with fire, and B i want to be able to have a pandaren demon hunter
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The story behind Death Knight's starting on 55 is that your character is being brought back to life by the Lich King, which makes sense. Demon Hunters starting on lvl 65 would make the most sense, instead of being brought back to life you are recruited by Illidan because of your success. Their start zone could be phased uninstanced version of the Black Temple, and you leave it on 68.EVERY race can become a Demon Hunter as long as they are brave enough to start the ritual, and lucky enough to survive it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely no more than 55. TBC has too much lore that goes right with the class to skip it entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 65 with an Outland-centric or Night Elf/Blood Elf-themed leveling experience (phased Felwood for Alliance, and Quel'Thalas for Horde?) sounds like a good starting point for a possible Demon Hunter hero class, but if they took the monk approach, finishing their leveling experience around 15-20 would be a good stopping point (hopefully with blues and greens like in the worgen/goblin starting zones for delicious transmog, rather than all that gear go to waste like the pandaren starting gear).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Definitely no more than 55. TBC has too much lore that goes right with the class to skip it entirely.
    the lore of bc should be covered in oil and thrown into a burning pit, no one should have to endure that pain
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

It's a huge assumption that DHs are even going to be a playable class. Sure, there's a strong indication that a burning legion expansion is around the corner. But that doesn't mean blizz is ready to add a new class again so soon after monk, and it doesn't mean that they'll choose demon hunter if they do.

But putting my doubts aside I'll say start them at 1. We don't need another hero class. DKs made sense as a hero class because you were a fallen hero risen as a DK, level one wouldn't make much sense. But there's no reason you couldn't be a fresh demon hunter just now undertaking your training and be a level 1.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the lore of bc should be covered in oil and thrown into a burning pit, no one should have to endure that pain
    Regardless of quality opinion, it does have a lot to do with the demon hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Regardless of quality opinion, it does have a lot to do with the demon hunter class.
    Not really, beyond there being demons there Illidan being a demon hunter. None of the lore except a chain in shadowmoon had anything to do with it, and there would likely be some lore adjustments made anyway to expand the class a bit if they made it one.

Deleted
    at 0 like other classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    The story behind Death Knight's starting on 55 is that your character is being brought back to life by the Lich King, which makes sense. Demon Hunters starting on lvl 65 would make the most sense, instead of being brought back to life you are recruited by Illidan because of your success. Their start zone could be phased uninstanced version of the Black Temple, and you leave it on 68.EVERY race can become a Demon Hunter as long as they are brave enough to start the ritual, and lucky enough to survive it.
    Everyone keeps going "They can practice at the Black Temple" but seem to forget that even if Illidan was revived he is no longer in charge of the Black temple! The Draenei are, with Akama as their leader. In the Warlock quest you get to see what state the Black Temple is currently in, filled with broken Draenei who are trying to turn it back into the Temple of Light or whatever it used to be before the demons claimed it.

Also, even if they were recruited by Illidan, why would they start on any level other than 1? What's the point in even having level 1-55, if all new classes are going to skip it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Everyone keeps going "They can practice at the Black Temple" but seem to forget that even if Illidan was revived he is no longer in charge of the Black temple! The Draenei are, with Akama as their leader. In the Warlock quest you get to see what state the Black Temple is currently in, filled with broken Draenei who are trying to turn it back into the Temple of Light or whatever it used to be before the demons claimed it.

Also, even if they were recruited by Illidan, why would they start on any level other than 1? What's the point in even having level 1-55, if all new classes are going to skip it?
    i think they are implying the starting zone would take place sometime during bc in the timeline before illidan died through phasing. also it would be weird to have their own starting zone but start at level one, if their halfway to beign a hero class they might as well just make them one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think they are implying the starting zone would take place sometime during bc in the timeline before illidan died through phasing. also it would be weird to have their own starting zone but start at level one, if their halfway to beign a hero class they might as well just make them one
    This. I mean to start a demon hunter, you probably went through some excruciating trials. Phased zone in BT and surrounding training grounds would be ideal. The finale would in my mind look like Battle of Light's Hope, with the difference that Naaru and their allies(basically raiders in TBC) are besieging BT, liberating Akama in the process(who until then might have been one of your quest givers)
    You are supposed to make a stand until Maiev kills Illidan. Naaru being good will offer you a chance to "redeem yourself" yadayada, go to SW/Org and tell them you're actually a good guy. Done. Now go to northrend to collect some arctic wolf pelts for war effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well going off what they did with DKs as a hero class, one would only assume they would be a higher level to start out.
    Because that logic held true for Monks?

Deleted
    Will they be considered an heroic class, like Death Knights were? If so, they should start at level 55.
    If not, at level 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
    Furbolgs for alliance, Ogres For horde, naga/ethereals for both. Demon hunters for hero class. There is my wish list.
    That's a LOT of content. Not sure if that's realizable unless you can wait 3 more years for the next Xpac...

Why the hell do you people want demon hunters, ALL their abilities have been given out, their ONLY unique trait atm is that they're BLIND and have WAR GLAIVES.

Just give WAR GLAIVES to melee classes and play with a piece of black cloth over your monitor and you won't need Demon Hunters anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Because that logic held true for Monks?
    Monks are not a hero class, hence level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Monks are not a hero class, hence level 1.
    And Blizzard didn't seem to like the concept of a hero class because they haven't said a word about them since Death Knights got nerfed to the level of a normal class. Why would they go back to it?