HOLY SMOKE. i did NOT expect that.....wow you need a rainbow sugar stick now....
    13/13

Monk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Would love to get some input on how my character looking in his Brewmaster set (Yes I know the 2set is Windwalker )

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajinx/advanced

How would you itemise my gear etc etc looking for some nice input
    That Transmog is awsome. Why havnt I gotten that already

Back on track:

For starters I wouldnt personally go for the Exp cap, rather put more into crit. I have seen that Kaidam is recommending around 10k mastery for 25man So you are fine in that regard. Your haste is 5,5k Which I think is a nice number(comes down to personal preferance though).

Other than that I would really advise you to get Brewmaster 4set. The 2 set is AMAZING and the 4set is just icing on the cake.

I've got a question regarding Primodius normal. Later in the fight he starts hitting like a truck (300k pre-stagger). Is it normal? We are kiting him around the room and switching at 5 stacks. He doesn't hit transformed characters more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I've got a question regarding Primodius normal. Later in the fight he starts hitting like a truck (300k pre-stagger). Is it normal? We are kiting him around the room and switching at 5 stacks. He doesn't hit transformed characters more?
    Primordius tank damage increases in two ways.
    1) Every time he mutates he gains a stacking buff so the fight progressively gets harder as time goes on.
    2) One possibly mutation is a tank damage buff (forget the name) which your good CD's (Fort Brew) should be saved for.

When not tanking you should be doing your best to AoE slimes and get transformed so you can dish out the dmg when you pick him back up as well.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I've coined Rentakis every week, ALWAYS GOLD. Prove the trinket exists, because I don't think it does.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ranar/advanced

Jelly my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoranar View Post
    Are you a magician? Because that is one great illusion.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I've been pretty lucky with loot, got 528 Animus mace and 522 Wu-Lai claw off our first kills the same week. Only 4 other BrM's on my server with a better iLevel which is pretty good for only being 1/12 HC heh.

Big advantage of being in a 25m group though since the variety of drops is better and more 528's drop in general.
    I've fluctuated in the top10 (all classes) on wowheros all tier. So I can't complain about my OTHER drops...

But those effing weapons.

If we switch to 25s that's one of the few things I'm looking forward to, is more loot diversity.

us.battle.net/wow/en/ character/lightbringer/Panderro/simple

Lately, I feel like I've been squishier than normal. Can anyone give me some advice? I've been following the normal 'Stack crit for EB uptime and DPS' ideology, but apparently we are moving more to Mastery?

edit: could someone give me AMR weights for the new mastery build too please?
    Last edited by Errodien; 2013-04-26 at 05:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Errodien View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/ character/lightbringer/Panderro/simple

Lately, I feel like I've been squishier than normal. Can anyone give me some advice? I've been following the normal 'Stack crit for EB uptime and DPS' ideology, but apparently we are moving more to Mastery?

edit: could someone give me AMR weights for the new mastery build too please?
    First thing is logs would be great because its much easier to say where the problem is.
    Second thing is u are a bit over hit and exp capped, but thats not the problem with your squishyness

Quote Originally Posted by Genoqt View Post
    First thing is logs would be great because its much easier to say where the problem is.
    Second thing is u are a bit over hit and exp capped, but thats not the problem with your squishyness
    Building on what he said, there's nothing I can see that's wrong with your character save you're .23% higher than the hit cap and .21% higher than the hard cap for expertise. We would need logs to see what the problem is.

I've been reluctant to do this, but I find at this point, I must; I'm looking for a character audit.

I'm not looking for help in terms of mitigation, I think I'm doing okay on that end, I'm having a problem with damage. According to my Raidbots.com, Epeen Bot, I'm not doing so swell in terms of my damage output.

My character, Cricket. I realize I don't have my boots enchanted; Blurred Speed will be going on them.

WoL I was in for the first three bosses (ToT 10N) Note: Pally solo tank Horridon, I add tanked the whole fight.

I'm not really sure what I am doing wrong or how to improve it at this point, so I am here asking for help. If you guys see some glaring issues I might be having, dps or tanking-wise, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox View Post
    I've been reluctant to do this, but I find at this point, I must; I'm looking for a character audit.

I'm not looking for help in terms of mitigation, I think I'm doing okay on that end, I'm having a problem with damage. According to my Raidbots.com, Epeen Bot, I'm not doing so swell in terms of my damage output.

My character, Cricket. I realize I don't have my boots enchanted; Blurred Speed will be going on them.

WoL I was in for the first three bosses (ToT 10N) Note: Pally solo tank Horridon, I add tanked the whole fight.

I'm not really sure what I am doing wrong or how to improve it at this point, so I am here asking for help. If you guys see some glaring issues I might be having, dps or tanking-wise, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    Just looking at the log of Jinrokh there various things that i notice:

- For this fight Xuen is definitively much stronger than RJW (valid for most single target fights exept megaera ... buggy pet)
    - You only used 14 Keg smashes. I searched in my logs for a comparable fighting time I am using 22 ! So really use that thing an CD
    - Same deal for Chi wave. You : 40 Me : 65
    - Also dont forget Tiger palm if nothing else can be used. Only 11 TPs seems very low. It also lead to only 75% uptime of tigerpower
    - Fight specific : While offtanking you can stand in the Dmg void to further boost your DPS

Not looking at the other fights im pretty sure the advice is : Hit your buttons harder and mor often

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    Just looking at the log of Jinrokh there various things that i notice:

- For this fight Xuen is definitively much stronger than RJW (valid for most single target fights exept megaera ... buggy pet)
    - You only used 14 Keg smashes. I searched in my logs for a comparable fighting time I am using 22 ! So really use that thing an CD
    - Same deal for Chi wave. You : 40 Me : 65
    - Also dont forget Tiger palm if nothing else can be used. Only 11 TPs seems very low. It also lead to only 75% uptime of tigerpower
    - Fight specific : While offtanking you can stand in the Dmg void to further boost your DPS

Not looking at the other fights im pretty sure the advice is : Hit your buttons harder and mor often

Cheers
    Not using Xuen was a lazy oversight on my part. Prior to this attempt, I never attempted to stand in the waters, but at the end of this one, I did.

The thing about TP, it says I only used TP 11 times, but I gained the buff 19 times, so I don't understand where the discrepancy falls. I find problems on WoLs like that all the time and I am not sure if I am reading it incorrectly or if there are genuine errors in the reporting. AH, I see now: 11 normal hits, 6 crits, and 2 blocks, but yea, I see in my graph where it fell off twice.

Keg Smash: 14 normal hits, 10 crits. So, I do have more hits than you are stating, but I am also going to assume you didn't catch your crits either, which means I still need to bring up the usage of all my abilities over all.

Out of curiosity, how long was your fight that you are comparing mine to?

Edit: As for this one you are using, epeen has me at 70th percentile, which is probably the best dps I have out of my logs.
    Last edited by krykiett; 2013-04-26 at 09:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

Grats Gynshon on Lei Shen!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    Grats Gynshon on Lei Shen!
    Thanks! Man, that boss was seriously a pain for us.

Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    We've been keeping both tanks in the puddle actually. Before any reductions, with 4 stacks of the debuff you will do the following breakdown to people in puddles:

4 stacks: 51480
    3 stacks: 38610
    2 stacks: 25740
    1 stack: 12870
    Total: 128700

Yeah congrats Gynshon.

If you have a chance let us know what you think of it as a Brewmaster on H10m. I've read a few of the H25m impressions, but I don't think I've heard from the PoV of a Brewmaster that has killed it on H10m yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Yeah congrats Gynshon.

If you have a chance let us know what you think of it as a Brewmaster on H10m. I've read a few of the H25m impressions, but I don't think I've heard from the PoV of a Brewmaster that has killed it on H10m yet.
    Well, the short story - Amazing! The long story?

We double monked it. Basically our Prot Paladin was screwing us attempt after attempt last night by mistaunting, not moving out for decaps, and just craptastic play all around and I lit into him for it. He ragequit, dc'd, turned off his phone, etc. I felt a little bad about it afterwards, but then I changed my kind about it because as a player pushing the envelope for top tier guilds, you need to have a thick skin and if you are playing poorly, expect criticism.

So we brought in another monk that had seen the fight with us as Windwalker but is normally BrM (formerly Shark Week) and we proceeded to get closer and closer until one attempt he fell over dead. TBH, double monk was very solid and surprised me. Of course skill > class so that probably had something to do with it as well.

Pros:
    - Provoke run speed bonus. Amazing for platform moving and minimizing stacks.
    - Without going into too many details about strat since we still have yet to kill Raden (1st pulls tonight) our abilities and utility are very strong.
    - Guards do great with vengeance. We all knew this, but it really helps here in phases.
    - AoE dmg. Is there anyone better?

Cons:
    - We can hit phases of "trucked" on the boss himself.
    - Lack of real raid cooldown to be used in final phase, or transition.

If you want more details, PM me.

not moving out for decaps
    I've pulled this dude so many times on my monk with neither me or our paladin ever moving away from a decap that when we did an alt run I kept dying on my druid despite popping barkskin and survival instincts for it and wondering why the hell I kept taking a million damage through cds. GG forgetting it does less damage when you're further away ... whoops.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-04-26 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Well, the short story - Amazing! The long story?

We double monked it. Basically our Prot Paladin was screwing us attempt after attempt last night by mistaunting, not moving out for decaps, and just craptastic play all around and I lit into him for it. He ragequit, dc'd, turned off his phone, etc. I felt a little bad about it afterwards, but then I changed my kind about it because as a player pushing the envelope for top tier guilds, you need to have a thick skin and if you are playing poorly, expect criticism.

So we brought in another monk that had seen the fight with us as Windwalker but is normally BrM (formerly Shark Week) and we proceeded to get closer and closer until one attempt he fell over dead. TBH, double monk was very solid and surprised me. Of course skill > class so that probably had something to do with it as well.

Pros:
    - Provoke run speed bonus. Amazing for platform moving and minimizing stacks.
    - Without going into too many details about strat since we still have yet to kill Raden (1st pulls tonight) our abilities and utility are very strong.
    - Guards do great with vengeance. We all knew this, but it really helps here in phases.
    - AoE dmg. Is there anyone better?

Cons:
    - We can hit phases of "trucked" on the boss himself.
    - Lack of real raid cooldown to be used in final phase, or transition.

If you want more details, PM me.
    Agree with everything. I was the other BrM. The ability to soak every decap and the AOE damage on adds made up for the lack of raid CDs. Even undergeared (523), I felt the Monk performed very well.