Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Works fine at maximum level so yes.
    Flying mounts are going to stay, whether you like it or not
    And screw world PVP. Like it's any balanced, with this retarded stat inflation and one-hit kills anything that is 5 or more levels lower.
    Let's abolish that aspect once for all because it is in 99% of the cases just pointless griefing.

No! God! No! God please no! No! No! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that the way they did it in MoP was perfectly fine to be honest.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    only at max level. I loved the fact that you had to use ground mounts pre 90. It made the world seem big, dangerous, and you have to think "should i go there or not". I've seen so many little easter eggs on ground mount that I would have missed otherwise. TBH it was one of the smartest things they have done.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    They've released there is one expansion left and the rest of the focus goes into their new MMO, Titan.
    not sure if trolling or read a troll thread.

They stated at the start of MoP that the next expansion is in development and that they know the story for the next TWO. and you don't even know if Titan IS an mmo... i'm sure that's what you want it to be, but there is no guarantee.

How many more expansions does blizzard plan on releasing? The numbers are slowly declining with each patch / expansion. When does it become not worth it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    not delusional at all.
    I just don't see the point of being forced to use ground based mounts to "experience" the content and storyline. all I am being forced to experience is being knocked off mount by mobs I have no need to interact with at that point and slow me down from my enjoyment of the story, To me Having to put up with fighting 10 - 15 mobs just traveling a stupid ass distance to hand in a quest only then have to run through them all again is not interesting or fun.

Sure if I need to interact with them as part of the story, then fine I will. But being forced to interact with them simply because I being forced to use a ground mount seems like a retarded mechanic to just slow people down.
    How easy would you like it? Should mobs be phased so that hostile NPC's only appear if you're on a quest?

It's an MMO. The game has definitely been simplified from it's original state. Blizzard spends a lot of money and a lot of time designing new zones. You remember Cata? Basically it was just pick up quest, fly to quest objective, interact/kill/collect quest objective, fly back to quest giver. It was absolutely no challenge at all to level, and the world felt very plain and boring.

Mists of Pandaria? I'm still discovering new places and scenery. I'm still just as awed by my surroundings as I was from the beginning (leveling is getting to be a bit boring though). I may have been "forced" to see the world, but in all honesty after the first few quests I was really in no rush to leave.

Why should Blizzard even bother putting the time and effort into making new zones if 98% of people aren't going to even bother to take in their surroundings. Keeping us grounded is Blizzard's way of ensuring that their hard work isn't going to waste.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    They've released there is one expansion left and the rest of the focus goes into their new MMO, Titan.
    Oh my fuck. You. Tell all of your friends, tell all of the other people who believe that there is only one or 2 expansions left. TITAN. WILL. COEXIST. WITH. WOW.

They've said it twice now. First off, they've said time and time again, 100 is just a number. They've also said that as long as WoW brings in profit, they will keep on going.

But heres the part that really just makes me go insane. How remarkably stupid do you have to be to think that a game with 9 million players is just going to call it quits. Do you realize how much money they would lose? Let's do some math.

On subscriptions alone, that's 135 fucking million a month. Let's multiply that by 12 months. 1 billion 620 million. What company in their right mind would give up almost 2 billion a year in subscriptions alone? Seriously?

Titan is an ENTIRELY separate entity. On top of that, it's going to be FREE. TO. PLAY. Yes, f2p. No subscription fee. Titan is not going to be able to gross as much as WoW a year simply because of that fact. Hell, it may not even take off like they're expecting it to.

So no, for the last fucking time no. They already have a team on Titan. The game is only a year or 2 away from release. If a team of roughly 125 people can handle creating an entirely new innovative game, I'm pretty sure they're not going to need the ENTIRE WoW team to jump ship to work on Titan. WoW has been, and will always be their moneymaker.

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    How many more expansions does blizzard plan on releasing? The numbers are slowly declining with each patch / expansion. When does it become not worth it?
    When the number of folks buying it doesn't equate to a profit. And when you consider that MMO's that are far older than WoW still churn out new content, rest assured that it's going to be around long after the knee-jerkers have declared it dead.

1 - Who stated that it would be a B.L themed expansion, Getting tired of people assuming that its going to be about the Burning leagion simply down to a few quotes from various NPC's that say multiple things.

2 - Flying should be allowed from the start, there is no need not to. The "want people to experience the expansion" is total bullshit. I "experience, and explore" 100 times more being able to fly. if they are dead set on making us level without flying then they should alow us to send a tome of flying to our alts to allow them to fly when leveling.

Ground based travel is outdated. The only people who want this are those that bitch on about it killing WPVP.
    Honestly, I enjoyed Pandaria much more because I was 'forced' to use ground mounts. It's so much easier to notice all the goodness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like a few others have said, I can understand no flying for a player's first character. I enjoyed doing quests in Pandaria on foot, but zone progression since Cataclysm is largely linear now (somewhat improved in MoP) and once you've "experienced" the quests once, you really don't need to do it all again. Personally, on my characters, I do Jade Forest up to where you can buy ilvl 372 gear from the vendor at Grookin Hill, then sporadic questing in-between random dungeons. That's if I can be bothered, I might do something else like work on professions or run random BGs.

I can't be the only person who felt that the story kind of slowly tapers off after you leave Jade Forest. Valley of the Four Winds is kind of fun following Chen and Li Li around (though Mudmug = #1 candidate for most cringeworthy expansion character), but not much really happens there. Krasarang Wilds returns us to the Sha and the Alliance vs. Horde, as does Kun-Lai somewhat. Kun-Lai also brings in the Zandalari Trolls and Yaungol, as well as over-exposure to the most insipid race ever conceived by Blizzard, the Grummles. By the time I got to Townlong Steppes, I had completely lost interest. I tried, and really wanted to enjoy the zones beyond the wall, but the mantid just seemed like an annoying distraction. I didn't get so far as Dread Wastes, because I hit 90 and abandoned quests altogether.

I think what kept me so engaged with previous expansions was the adherence to a theme. BC was the Burning Legion, and you couldn't turn a corner without seeing something representing Illidan, Kael'thas or Vashj (with a few exceptions). The same applies for WotLK, this time the exceptions being Malygos and the increasing presence of ancient Titan structures telling a story over a longer arc than one expansion.

I know, this expansion's theme is Pandaren. From a story perspective, I don't think they've maximised the potential of that. With the Mantid, Sha, Mogu, Zandalari, Yaungol, Alliance/Horde all featuring as aggressors on Pandaria, I think it all gets a bit muddled. I think it's a little ironic that you have to go back to expansions where zone quest lines were less linear to find an overall storyline that was more linear and cohesive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    A max-level character can buy an account-bound tome that starts a short quest-chain which ends with the knowledge on how to traverse the Demonic Winds of Xoroth.

I'd prefer that. Simply, like:

Quest One: Go talk to Skymarshal Bob.
    Quest Two: Use a borrowed Felguard raised on steroids to fetch an apple from the top of [local mountain].
    Quest Three: Accept your new proficiency.
    I doubt they'll do that, though. That's how they were going to do flying in WotLK, and then they said, "Eh, forget it. Just go buy the thing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    The leaked fake, but lucky (or not so fake) list of future expansions suggested the following back in 2004 in the same order:

- Outland set
    - Northrend set
    - Cataclysm/Maelstrom set
    - Pandaria set
    - Legion set

So far it has been correct for every expansion (SET WISE, not zones or levels), so there's very little reason to doubt that the next expansion won't be legion related. And yes, it has been said to be fake. But I believe in it still.
    Yeah, no. Thing is, that "future expansion list" got edited and altered several times so it retroactively fits what has been said before. There used to be an Emerald Dream part for example and that eventually got scrapped from the list so it would once more "fit".

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think leveling works way better without flying, at least the first time. Once you've done a zone a couple times though it becomes rather exhausting to do it over and over again on an alt.

What I would do personally is keep flying at max level, but have an achievement unlock once you get two characters to max level that allows you to learn flying earlier.

I really liked the zones in MoP the first two times but doing half the zones for a third and fourth time completely remove the fun for me.

I didn't have nearly as much fun in Cataclysm leveling the first time but I liked the convenience of how fast leveling on my third and fourth go with alts. The lack of heirlooms this time (notably 85-90) was a missed opportunity IMO.

No. We can do an expansion without flying. Go fly in the older areas.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I spent either a. time, b. money, or c. both on these flying mounts, and I should be allowed to use them. Especially since I'm on a server where the opposite faction doesn't exist. This "we're doing it for world PvP" excuse only applies to a handful of servers, at best. To the rest, it's just a big middle finger restriction.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Not until level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    not delusional at all.
    I just don't see the point of being forced to use ground based mounts to "experience" the content and storyline. all I am being forced to experience is being knocked off mount by mobs I have no need to interact with at that point and slow me down from my enjoyment of the story, To me Having to put up with fighting 10 - 15 mobs just traveling a stupid ass distance to hand in a quest only then have to run through them all again is not interesting or fun.

Sure if I need to interact with them as part of the story, then fine I will. But being forced to interact with them simply because I being forced to use a ground mount seems like a retarded mechanic to just slow people down.
    Oh my god, that's so inconvenient, how ever will people hit level cap with that going on? Just stop, you're embarassing yourself, if you can't put up with some minor inconveniences when questing, especially considering how ridiculously easy it is nowadays, I feel pretty bad for you. I forgot though, things like Immersion and World PvP don't matter one bit because people like you would rather have everything handed to them on a silver platter.

OT: (And look a Jaylock thread that doesn't make my blood boil, I'm a bit suprised really...) But Yeah, on topic now. Either say "No flying until level cap" or put the new Flight trainers in the game one month after the expansion drops

Oh as for BL Expansion Sigma, Wrathion Start Legendary, Wrathion Soundfiles, an excuse for Varian not to wipe out the Horde completely, a lack of anything better to make an expansion on given current lore (Unless you think Azshara warrants an entire expansion) Nobodies saying for sure it is, it's just the most likely thing given current information.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2013-04-26 at 02:31 AM.

No.

Flying mounts has been one of the worst features they've ever added to this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    No. We can do an expansion without flying. Go fly in the older areas.
    Alternatively you can just walk while everyone else is flying, how about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    No.

Flying mounts has been one of the worst features they've ever added to this game.
    Why stop at flying mounts? Mounts in general are a horrible feature. Makes the game far to hectic and fast. How about forcing people to run or we could remove even that making walking speed the fasts. Of course all the flight masters get also removed alongside all zeppelins and ships. Gotta swim from Eastern Kingdoms to Kalimdor.

I think they should have flying mounts but tie it into the story and not just make it a lazy way of travelling faster. I.E have a zone with ascending layers or have a zone that goes into a giant pit, some thing that would make the travel an actual interesting component in regards to the adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Assuming Blizzard takes us to Xoroth (home of the dreadlords / burning legion), Should blizzard allow us to fly right at level 90 off the bat while leveling up to 100?

I think that:

1) They should not allow us to fly in Xoroth right when we get there, instead, we should level the 10 levels and get flying like we do in MoP right now.

2) After getting to 100, they should allow us to buy "tomes" of flying that cost 10k each, for each extra character, to fly at 90. This way it will keep it only to those people who really want it, and yet still give the option of not flying.

What do you all think?
    So you basicly want it to stay the exact same as in MoP just bump up the cost of flying at max level. Sure why not 10k gold is isnt that hard to come by now.