I'd love a sequel to BF2142.

One of these days I hope they put in free aim too. The lock to crosshair aim that all these games use feels... wrong.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bf4 won't be much better imo, as long as they continue with that client side hit crap.. your pretty much gonna have the same shit each game.

behind cover.. and still getting riddles with bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Bf4 won't be much better imo, as long as they continue with that client side hit crap.. your pretty much gonna have the same shit each game.

behind cover.. and still getting riddles with bullets.
    Yeah lets make gameplay slower while fixing 0 problems and adding new ones
    Good idea

Wont happen
    for fast action fps client side is the best solution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Wont happen for fast action fps client side is the best solution
    Yeah but it creates a lot of problems with hacking too
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Do you think €24.90 if a good price for Battlefield 3 Premium? I found it at http://www.go2arena.com/battlefield.html but I'm not sure if it's good offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Yeah but it creates a lot of problems with hacking too
    punkbuster does really good job fighting cheaters
    90% of "hackers" are just good players
    my account was supsened for 3 days because butthurt kid callled his friends to report me...
    rest are quickly kicked/banned

(offtopic: Darkmoon Faire <3, your sig brought back a lot of memories ;d )

10+ Year Old Account
    punkbuster does really good job fighting cheaters
    90% of "hackers" are just good players
    I'm sorry but I have trouble believing that, I see waaay too many dubious cases. Cheaters vs anti-cheating programs is usually an uphill battle. And generally speaking, entrusting the client with decisions is a bad idea.

So I think that the system where the server has to register everything is preferable and avoid these issues. Most people I see on BF3 usually have pretty good ping anyway, so it wouldn't end the world, imho.

(offtopic: Darkmoon Faire <3, your sig brought back a lot of memories ;d )
    Hehe ^^

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Could just be me but I always thought revive was a bit OP, should be like 50% chance to revive and come back at low health and limited to once per death. Head shot kills should be exempt from revives.
    This is pure IMHO, but I don't think revive alone is OP. What is OP is the medikit, revive, AND access to assault rifles which are among the best stuff in the game.

I think that DICE either needs to create a dedicated medic class, armed with a shotgun/PDW (kind of like BF1942) or give the role back to the LMG guy like in BFBC2.
    MMO player

I'm sorry but I have trouble believing that, I see waaay too many dubious cases. Cheaters vs anti-cheating programs is usually an uphill battle. And generally speaking, entrusting the client with decisions is a bad idea.

So I think that the system where the server has to register everything is preferable and avoid these issues. Most people I see on BF3 usually have pretty good ping anyway, so it wouldn't end the world, imho.
    ok maybe i exaggerated a bit but iirc iv only seen 1 guy (since release) who was clearly hacking and was not kicked from server immediately
    and most of the suspicious ppl actually had normal stats

tho this is just my perspective after only 200h+ /played

and as i said server side will only fix hacking problem which imo is not big enough to justify slower and less complicated gameplay
    ofcourse dice could improve net code a lot but EA schedule wont allow it... great graphics are priority

I think that DICE either needs to create a dedicated medic class, armed with a shotgun/PDW (kind of like BF1942) or give the role back to the LMG guy like in BFBC2.
    in bf3 dice went for more authentic gameplay and as far as i know IRL medics are very similar to bf3 assault (in terms of armament)
    on the other hand medics in BC2 were kind of useless because you tend to die in CQ situations more and LMG is medium/long range support weapon
    so it is choice between authentic or balance

i guess ill take authentic because im fine with balance in bf3 but i would love to see more reasons to play non medic class

10+ Year Old Account
    ok maybe i exaggerated a bit but iirc iv only seen 1 guy (since release) who was clearly hacking and was not kicked from server immediately and most of the suspicious ppl actually had normal stats
    I saw a lot of guys being kicked out and some more who I actually suspect of hacking. Not the major package (aimbot + wall hacking) that would get ban you right away, but small fixes. Plus, there is some stuff such as mouse macros which are prolly much less traceable without installing stuff on the computer (like WoW does).

in bf3 dice went for more authentic gameplay and as far as i know IRL medics are very similar to bf3 assault (in terms of armament)
    on the other hand medics in BC2 were kind of useless because you tend to die in CQ situations more and LMG is medium/long range support weapon
    so it is choice between authentic or balance
    I can't speak for any army in the world but if I remember correctly, in the USMC/Navy, a corpseman has an M4 as service weapon, which is a carabine in BF3. So imagine if a medic could use carbines rather than assault rifles. It would still be a pretty powerful class, but not miles beyond everything else. And PDWs and shotguns as well, of course.

i guess ill take authentic because im fine with balance in bf3 but i would love to see more reasons to play non medic class
    Yes, and you probably have to sacrifice a bit of realism for that I'm afraid
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah lets make gameplay slower while fixing 0 problems and adding new ones
    Good idea

Wont happen
    for fast action fps client side is the best solution

Except for dice has ignored all the problems in this game.. you think they will do anything for bf4 when they're found? Not unless it is a guns recoil.. or someone complaining out choppers
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-04-11 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Hi guys,

So, I have been playing some more Battlefield 3 recently, and would like to comment on a few things and ask a few questions:

1) Does anyone here find Endgame and CTF playable ? I mean, I end up with bad teams each time Would love to play it in a clan war though.
    2) Is anybody here looking to play with some people ? My group of friends playing BF3 has dwindled, and I would love to team up and cause some havoc... !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartzEntertainment View Post
    Hi guys,

So, I have been playing some more Battlefield 3 recently, and would like to comment on a few things and ask a few questions:

1) Does anyone here find Endgame and CTF playable ? I mean, I end up with bad teams each time Would love to play it in a clan war though.
    2) Is anybody here looking to play with some people ? My group of friends playing BF3 has dwindled, and I would love to team up and cause some havoc... !
    I find it to be quite boring.. most of the time it is people lobbing shots back in forth with armor and snipers shooting at each other. For me i play conquest, and conquest only

the biggest difference in CTF is that your entire base is open to enemy team, so sneaky dudes could crawl into your base stealing vehicles.

first thing you need to know is that the game server does not provide enough information that lets us work on balancing the team, for example in CTF we do not know how many flags each team has captured, which is vital information to tell us which team is winning and which team requires better players.

in Rush mode we do not know how many mcoms the attackers has gotten destroyed, which means again that we do not know if that attacking team is weak or not.

but lately there has been a new game balancer being developed (all server plugins are developed by third party that volunteer their time to creating an awesome battlefield, DICE or EA are too lazy to provide anything), this new balancer is very advanced, it is still does not have all the information but it should balance teams equally. it is up to server admins to install the new balancer or not, so you would want server admins who are aware of the updates happening to the game server wise.

i have a group the focused on playing metro, i do own by myself 11 servers. can find them on xtracommunity.com (european servers).

finally you need to know that European servers are having issues these two days and can not run over 31 players or they crash (typical issues from DICE side, we deal with this kind of shit since release, there is always one huge issue every month.)

Deleted
    Mandus, thank you so much for enlightening me.

Just a curious question: how do you afford 11 servers ?! My clan can't even afford one seeing as donations are lacking and we have other servers to pay for !

I feel really let down. I loved BF2, BF3 is not really the game I expected, I still play it and like it, but BF2 was just a love story... Perfect game for me, required squad teamplay, IG VOIP system...

My clan has started moving again on BF3, we now have a group of about 7 to 8 of us that play most evenings, it is great fun

This is pure IMHO, but I don't think revive alone is OP. What is OP is the medikit, revive, AND access to assault rifles which are among the best stuff in the game.

I think classes are quite well balanced but the players just play more close quarters maps or small maps with only one or two vehicles where a medic makes more sense simply because they are infantry based maps. It wouldn't make sense if everyone was playing engineer on infantry strong maps. Once you are playing on a map with vehicles then engineer is much stronger than medic and if you play recon well you will know how powerful that class is. Soflam, MAV, T-UGS is amazing equipment. And one support can hold a lane alone.
    Players underestimate how powerful T-UGS are on those maps and how glad they are with an ammo crate from a support class.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Except for dice has ignored all the problems in this game.. you think they will do anything for bf4 when they're found? Not unless it is a guns recoil.. or someone complaining out choppers
    Ignored all problems? Don't exxagerate. They fixed a few lag issues, bugs and balanced the game. There are still problems but I don't think there is an easy fix for them.

I have weird lag deads constantly but I have yet to play an fps where I didn't have those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I think classes are quite well balanced but the players just play more close quarters maps or small maps with only one or two vehicles where a medic makes more sense simply because they are infantry based maps. It wouldn't make sense if everyone was playing engineer on infantry strong maps. Once you are playing on a map with vehicles then engineer is much stronger than medic and if you play recon well you will know how powerful that class is. Soflam, MAV, T-UGS is amazing equipment. And one support can hold a lane alone.
    Players underestimate how powerful T-UGS are on those maps and how glad they are with an ammo crate from a support class.
    I fully agree. Unfortunately, nothing comes close to close quarters maps and games in terms of score per minute (except jets/helos), which is why people are playing it.
    Also, vehicles, especially helicopters and jets tend piss off a lot of people, hence them playing on infantry maps (again).
    MMO player

Just played the multiplayer after a very long break, completely sucked at it

Mandus, thank you so much for enlightening me.

Just a curious question: how do you afford 11 servers ?! My clan can't even afford one seeing as donations are lacking and we have other servers to pay for !

I feel really let down. I loved BF2, BF3 is not really the game I expected, I still play it and like it, but BF2 was just a love story... Perfect game for me, required squad teamplay, IG VOIP system...

My clan has started moving again on BF3, we now have a group of about 7 to 8 of us that play most evenings, it is great fun
    yes the game is a lot of fun when you play it over VoIP with a small group of 7 to 8, i do the same with my community.

i had a look over your website and it looks very well made, have you heard of xtracommunity ?

I fully agree. Unfortunately, nothing comes close to close quarters maps and games in terms of score per minute (except jets/helos), which is why people are playing it.
    Also, vehicles, especially helicopters and jets tend piss off a lot of people, hence them playing on infantry maps (again).
    metro 64 man large conquest with no frag. that is the best place to level up.

on a different note, 6 days now and you can not play 32-64 man servers in Europe PC. as usual, pathetic EA.

Hello,

The current Battlefield 3 outages are a result of activity that appears to be aimed at overwhelming our game servers. We are working on a variety of solutions to address this problem and are focused on resolution as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and support.

Moving forward, we will provide the most up to date information to the community here. We are incredibly disappointed by these activities and the impact they are having on all of our ability to enjoy BF3, thank you for your patience as we work to resolve these issues.

/DICE Team
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4625527878522/

SimCity all over again, i knew this kind of problem will happen when DarkLord7854 said

Battlelog is built to handle a lot of load, since obviously we have stats for all players route through it, but the issue we've been seeing is requests being made several times a second in some cases, for a huge amount of data (all of a player's stats) which is not what we designed some of these requests to work like, and causes a large amount of processing and bandwidth overhead which does cost us quite a bit extra.
    typical EA is just not going to spend a cent to make the game actually work without issues.
    Last edited by Mouri Kogorou; 2013-05-08 at 05:42 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    yes the game is a lot of fun when you play it over VoIP with a small group of 7 to 8, i do the same with my community.

i had a look over your website and it looks very well made, have you heard of xtracommunity ?

metro 64 man large conquest with no frag. that is the best place to level up.

on a different note, 6 days now and you can not play 32-64 man servers in Europe PC. as usual, pathetic EA.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4625527878522/

SimCity all over again, i knew this kind of problem will happen when DarkLord7854 said

typical EA is just not going to spend a cent to make the game actually work without issues.
    Shiit, i was wondering tho why i was having random disconnects yesterday... (repairing bf did not help anything, it was not my internet connections fault).