Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDwarf View Post
    did purge work at direhorn?
    Yes purge works and i would use it over Wind Shear and Unleashed since it has no CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    Yes purge works and i would use it over Wind Shear and Unleashed since it has no CD.
    indeed, thats why i asked!
    thy, next id i'll try it

works well

Macro for purging the Spirit without worring about targeting it

/target Direhorn Spirit
    /cast purge
    /targetlasttarget

PS: I have been able to position myself so that chain lightning spam also keeps the Spirit away from me (at last at gates when there is lots of cleave). For the last phase you can have it so that when boss is kited to the middle you keep the Spirit at wall with Searing totem (has to be placed so that it cant reach the boss)
    Last edited by Hoptam; 2013-04-22 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone tried out Conductivity for Meg? Our healers are struggling with the Rampages and AG is normally only up on every other head.

i would sugest to use ag still but use healing rain with clearcasting buff to increase HR healing

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    Anyone tried out Conductivity for Meg? Our healers are struggling with the Rampages and AG is normally only up on every other head.
    Tried Conductivity, didnt work out so well. Lava Burst isnt included as one of the spells that can heal and banner/ascendance lines up with a few rampage phases. The healing was also subpar. AG and healing rains are the way to go if you need that extra healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    I tried conductivity and the results were poor.

Same with Healing tide totem (worse actually).

Best I found was AG by far. If healers are struggling and running oom, you can basically double healing rain every rampage and mostly handle the 2nd rampage on your own with little help. I got it timed so that I get off 3 AG's and the last one is at end of 2nd to last head. Did like 38k hps, which is pretty impressive really.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    Watch out for running out of mana though. I used to use Purge, but then I struggled a bit with that technique especially on the last burn phase where you're trying to stack for healing and purge doesn't push it back that far.

Searing totem (at the expense of it not attacking boss or anything else) is still the best way I find.

Wind Shear, Purge and Unleash Elements all work.
    Since I was needed to interrupt the Venomancers on the second gate I obviously just used a purge focus macro to keep it at bay, as well as trying to position the group of adds between the spirit and myself to chain lightning cleave him, but after the second gate since interrupting isn't an issue, I used a wind shear focus macro in conjunction with the purge one. Just to save some mana, but its not too bad, you shouldn't go OOM. If you are having mana issues, maybe minor glyph Thunderstorm and throw a few in when there's 4+ adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    I used CL extensively and was #1 on DPS and we killed it no problem. Why were they telling you not to AoE?

Here's my log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=5969#Vanasex
    Spamming CL is bad play, that works fine if your group is good and can cover for you through additional healing / dispels or just OP overall dps. You should be prioritizing single target dps with CL woven in until critical adds (wastewalkers / poison old mates are down). On warlords depending on your group you should priotize the first one down then aoe the next to yourself while raid focuses on little adds as you will do more effective dps.

Perfect example is eruptors POV video. He CL the whole fight, sure he ends up higher on DPS overall, but its not really effective dps, i.e. opening with ascendence instead of saving for first critical adds, using ascendence to aoe which meant they got additional poison stacks / effusions. The numbers look pretty but they are not EFFECTIVE dps.

Personally on heroic I ascend the first wastewalker, and ascend the priority poison add when the two spawn. the next ascendence goes to aoeing the warlords and whatever other adds we can stack with them. As an example of how much difference this makes, our warlock can do most if not all of the dispels on door one, and we dont get poison stacks at all on door 2 with 1 (maybe a 2nd one after the door closes)effusion if noone slacks.

my 2c.

Also that purge idea is a good one, i figured it would need to be a damaging ability, does this impact mana much?
    Last edited by desert-wind; 2013-04-24 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    What specc are you guys running on horridon heroic? EM/PE - haste build? or mastery for better aoe?

Thought I'd ask here instead of making a new thread for it, for heroic Durumu did anyone test if you glyph SR to remove the Dark Parasite debuff do you still get the Dark Plague debuff ?

Quote Originally Posted by funanyo View Post
    What specc are you guys running on horridon heroic? EM/PE - haste build? or mastery for better aoe?
    I'm using EM/PE and not changing my build from the haste default. We've only done one night of progression but my experience so far has been that on-demand burst and high single-target damage are critical for getting you through the worst parts of each door. I rotate my cooldowns (FE / Ascendance / Stormlash / Jade Serpent pot / EM) but I'm still getting a handle on when they're most needed and what order I should use them in. Other things I found helpful:

* A macro of /target Direhorn Spirit /cast Purge /targetlasttarget for the pink dinosaur. Weave it in with your other spells instead of spamming it; the dinosaur's getting-knockbacked effect won't trigger twice in 1-1.5 seconds
    * Using a Glyphed Healing Stream Totem when damage starts to get intense (every door has Fire, Frost and/or Nature damage)
    * Using Stone Bulwark Totem when I get a DoT on me (first door fire, second door venom nova / bleed, third door fixate adds)
    * A /focus macro and a macro that does /cast [ATSIGNfocus] Wind Shear /cast Wind Shear. When something comes down that needs interrupted but isn't the primary DPS target (basilisks, second venom priest, fireball adds) I select them, hit the focus macro, and go back to the primary target. As long as you're facing your focus and in range of them, you can interrupt them without switching. If you have no focus (or your focus is out of range / not in front of you) it will interrupt your target.
    * Using the single-target rotation but substituting CL for LB. It's a small single-target loss but if you're rotating cooldowns, you can sustain it, and cleaving down small adds helps manage the chaos
    * While you're learning, don't be afraid to Bloodlust if the raid is struggling. Better to blow it early and get more practice than wipe before you get to Jalak.
    * Make sure to plan out your Ancestral Guidances with your healers, they can be enormously helpful, especially if you turn and focus Horridon for the duration to increase your DPS (and thus HPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Thought I'd ask here instead of making a new thread for it, for heroic Durumu did anyone test if you glyph SR to remove the Dark Parasite debuff do you still get the Dark Plague debuff ?
    I haven't tried that because we ground them. We have shamans in each group and drop it with <5 seconds on the timer and have everyone who can immunity it do so before it's applied.

Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    I haven't tried that because we ground them. We have shamans in each group and drop it with <5 seconds on the timer and have everyone who can immunity it do so before it's applied.
    Yep grounding works sadly im the only shaman in my raid and some times I miss the timer but I guess thats just bad play on my part .. I did test the sr glyph though and idd it does remove it just like monks do with diffuse magic, thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    Wait, if you glyph grounding totem, would Durumu get the buff and the plague?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    Wait, if you glyph grounding totem, would Durumu get the buff and the plague?
    We didn't see if he got the plague if it was reflected. We opted to not reflect for use of other glyphs. Considering its an "Evil Eye" that casts the plague, I don't believe it would be reflected to Durumu himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    i would sugest to use ag still but use healing rain with clearcasting buff to increase HR healing
    Clearcasting has 0 effect to HR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    Clearcasting has 0 effect to HR.
    Just to be complete: no influence on the healing output, but it does effect the mana cost.

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    Spamming CL is bad play, that works fine if your group is good and can cover for you through additional healing / dispels or just OP overall dps. You should be prioritizing single target dps with CL woven in until critical adds (wastewalkers / poison old mates are down). On warlords depending on your group you should priotize the first one down then aoe the next to yourself while raid focuses on little adds as you will do more effective dps.
    I don't agree with you for Horridon. Every single add does something bad and needs to die. If the entire raid plays efficiently on Horridon, you gain a massive amount of raid DPS that is far more helpful than getting one add down faster.

CL is one of the strongest and most efficient cleaves on this fight. If you need more single target, you should be asking a hunter or melee to do that, rather than giving up the usage of one of the strongest spells in the game.

It's like Garalon, where you want your most efficient cleavers to use the leg resource. Well, on Horridon, your elemental should be using CL as it's the most efficient way to damage things.