Thread: Next expansion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    but they arn't lol! My question stands and if you stand by your words and say what you mean then you should answer me. Do demon hunters have what it takes to get into the game as a playable class and will we see a demon hunter as a class? yes or no
    I don't think so. they don't have a niche in-game.

cloth agility? would need new gear to be created;
    cloth int melee? it would be easier to bring back cata melee demo locks lol. besides, priests, locks and mages already wear cloth int gear, there's no room for more people wearing that;
    leather agility? that's already being used by rogues, druids and monks, there's no room for more people wearing that;
    mail or plate? demon hunters have always been described as light armored. mail or plate is too heavy for them and that would break class characterization. which is badz;

if you want a light armored fighter that dual wields and fights fast from the shadows, you have the rogue;
    if you want a light armored caster that wields demonic power, transforms into a huge muscular demon and ignites himself in fire, you have the warlock;
    if you want to be both things... well, maybe you are wanting too much.

save my words: if we get a new class, it'll be a mail wearing class with ranged weapons that's totally different from hunters from a ideological PoV. probably tinkers (though I myself hate the idea of a tinker class).
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-04-26 at 04:31 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    another thread about 4th specs lock tanking

moving on

Deleted
    Make demo a tanking spec /thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    I know the difference between a warlock and a demon hunter. However since the warlock class has most of the spells a demon hunter has its only logical that the locks 4th spec could be the demon hunter.
    Let me make it real clear for you,

demon HUNTER who HUNTS and KILLS demon ≠ warlock who SUMMONS demon to fight with them

Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    Let me make it real clear for you,

demon HUNTER who HUNTS and KILLS demon ≠ warlock who SUMMONS demon to fight with them
    loramus thalipedes summons felhunters.

you know, normal hunters use animals to hunt animals. I don't see why demon hunters shouldn't use demons to hunt demons.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    So I see all these threads about people wanting Demon Hunters as the next class. Honestly I don't think its going to happen.

What I think should be done is every class should be given a 4th spec, they could make the locks 4th spec Demon Hunter.

LET LOCKS TANK!!!!! =P

Were not going anew race or class. We will be getting a new profession and new race models.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Deleted
    How about just a new race for each faction/neutral race and updated models for older races? I don't think another class would be necessary really. And even if a class will be added, it shouldn't be demon hunter after losing it's abilities to other classes.

Deleted
    No, and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    but they arn't lol! My question stands and if you stand by your words and say what you mean then you should answer me. Do demon hunters have what it takes to get into the game as a playable class and will we see a demon hunter as a class? yes or no
    As a class, no. It's the same reason there will never be a Blademaster class or a Shadow Hunter class. There's already classes in the game that encompass their abilities.

Posters here never bring up Blademasters as a possible class. Know why that is? Warriors. However, Warriors have less of the Blademaster's abilities than the Warlock has of the Demon Hunter. Shaman have the same amount of the Shadow Hunter's abilities as the Warlock has of the Demon Hunter's. You seriously think we're ever going to see a Shadow Hunter class?

That just shows how crazy all of this Demon Hunter talk is.
    Last edited by Rhamses; 2013-04-26 at 06:57 PM.

Screw Demon Hunters.

I want a Battle Mage, or War Mage.

Plate INT spell melee class, pure dps, duel weild spec/ staff spec/ 2hand spec. LETS PUT THAT INT PLATE TO USE!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I don't think so. they don't have a niche in-game.
    mail or plate? demon hunters have always been described as light armored. mail or plate is too heavy for them and that would break class characterization. which is badz;
    Quote from wowiki:. "Demon hunters further tend to wear what appears to be cloth or leather, rarely (if ever) donning plate and mail, favouring greater speed and agility on the battlefield." One can assume and expect that if they were to be implemented they could forsake some agility for some more protection. And if people would still want to run around shirtless than its okay, just deconstruct the armour =).

if you want a light armored fighter that dual wields and fights fast from the shadows, you have the rogue;
    rogues don't use fel infused melee skills
    if you want a light armored caster that wields demonic power, transforms into a huge muscular demon and ignites himself in fire, you have the warlock;
    demon hunters are not casters
    if you want to be both things... well, maybe you are wanting too much.
    What I want is in my sig already not just these two options u gave.

save my words: if we get a new class, it'll be a mail wearing class with ranged weapons that's totally different from hunters from a ideological PoV. probably tinkers (though I myself hate the idea of a tinker class).
    it could be a mail class, I don't care. anytime sooner or later we will get a demon hunter for sure that's all I am saying.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    loramus thalipedes summons felhunters.

you know, normal hunters use animals to hunt animals. I don't see why demon hunters shouldn't use demons to hunt demons.
    well why would they? it's the same trouble if they do or if they don't so why do you insit on making things difficult for no reason? Demon hunters can be different from warlocks if they became playable, whether u want it or not.
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-04-26 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta agree with the earlier poster. Warlocks have as much clout on Demon Hunter abilities as Shaman do with Shadow Hunter abilities. No one believes we're ever getting a Shadow Hunter class.

Pretty hard to argue against that.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly playing as a neutral faction would add tons to the game.

Quit this shit. If they have any brains they will stop with the new class or spec shit. We have plenty already. Focus on the new worlds you need to build to make the game continue to be interesting, I hope they dont put an ounce of energy in a new class or making a new spec for all classes, or even a new race.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    No, it is not logical that a class who has been cloth intelect since vanilla suddenly starts wearing agil leather(or mail) and can melee all of a sudden... Illidan was an AGILITY hero in Warcraft, that's the kind of demon hunter I want... not an int base one that just gets watered down to a spec of a class when it can stand on it's own as a melee/tank/ranged.
    Illidan was essentially a mage first of fall. And since Demon Hunters aren't in the game as PCs, we can't really tell what type of armour they would wear as a PC class. Not to mention, the DHs in game seem to be wearinh cloth.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    make demon hunter the shared fourth spec for ALL classes
    This. This is the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Quit this shit. If they have any brains they will stop with the new class or spec shit. We have plenty already. Focus on the new worlds you need to build to make the game continue to be interesting, I hope they dont put an ounce of energy in a new class or making a new spec for all classes, or even a new race.
    There's been a new race or class in every expansion so far, so that trend is obviously going to continue. Can't see why it wouldn't. It is always a key selling point and if it is indeed the Burning Legion expansion, new races or classes as well as new character models is going to get a lot of people interested. And as for focusing on building the continent. Pandaria is amazing, so they have proven they can still add races or classes and make a great continent!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    As a class, no. It's the same reason there will never be a Blademaster class or a Shadow Hunter class. There's already classes in the game that encompass their abilities.

Posters here never bring up Blademasters as a possible class. Know why that is? Warriors. However, Warriors have less of the Blademaster's abilities than the Warlock has of the Demon Hunter. Shaman have the same amount of the Shadow Hunter's abilities as the Warlock has of the Demon Hunter's. You seriously think we're ever going to see a Shadow Hunter class?

That just shows how crazy all of this Demon Hunter talk is.
    the fact that warlocks have more of the abilities than warriors doesn't make it less wrong. warlocks have no business in having those abilities because they are not melee fighters and no matter how many times you try and cover it with half assed abilities this will never work!
    So you are mistaken if u think blademasters and demon hunters are on the same foot when it comes to being playable and unique.
    And yes shadow hunter could be implemented as a spec easily. I added it in my Witch doctor class. It's unique enough to stand out from the shamans. Just have a look if u will. Blademasters are imho well represented in the arms spec. the way I see it, the only real thing that is diferente about blademasters and warriors is the mirror image ability but maybe that could be given to arms spec and it would satisfy blademaster adepts? just a guess.

We aren't getting a new race, or class or spec.. We are getting a new FACTION - Garrosh won't die and the horde will split. We will have Garrosh's Horde, Rebels and the Alliance.. Garrosh's Horde will be Orcs, Undead, Tauren, Goblins, Blood Elves and Panda's - Rebels will be Taurens, Blood Elves, Goblins, Dwarves, Gnomes and Panda's - Alliance will be Humans, Night Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, Draenei and Panda's.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    We aren't getting a new race, or class or spec.. We are getting a new FACTION - Garrosh won't die and the horde will split. We will have Garrosh's Horde, Rebels and the Alliance.. Garrosh's Horde will be Orcs, Undead, Tauren, Goblins, Blood Elves and Panda's - Rebels will be Taurens, Blood Elves, Goblins, Dwarves, Gnomes and Panda's - Alliance will be Humans, Night Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, Draenei and Panda's.
    what happens to da Darkspear mon?