10+ Year Old Account

State of the Game - April 26th

link deleted

Video starts at 1:30
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-27 at 02:19 AM.
    Valar morghulis

I'm going to try not to gloat here but: all their balance moves regarding spiritwatch, were already suggested and mentioned in the previous state of the game (march 14th If I recall correctly) regarding ele/engi immune caps rtl, insta ele caps,... Basically in one week players knew what devs needed 2months for.

Tooltip updates aren't balance updates, I don't get why they even mention that stuff in one breath.

"Haste nerf due to extreme spikes dmg" yea mesmers and BS thieves really require haste to 'one-shot' people. /sarcasm

"We wanted to buff wars without making them OP in pve" well mate, try frigin splitting PvE and PvP it'll make your job a hell of a lot easier.

Totally oblivious about a very well known bug (it's 4months old ffs) https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...it-Not-Working

"Gale warriors from GW" he's probably meaning Shock since Gale got replaced really quickly due to the high energy cost and faster cast, but hey let's let that one slide nobody's perfect (and it's an understandable mistake).

Thief:
    Mug can't crit but it'll heal 2k+, Great bunker thieves galore inc (incase you're not formiliar it's http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQ...umkNt+Y8xeh5CA that lovely build) which is already being used more and more since they can put up conditions without having to actually "hit".

Mug is used as a gap closer and we think blablabla, nope it'll be used the same way the only difference will be that you now need to spam HS a bit more (which isn't a problem since after the CAD+mug+bs combo you still have 8initiative which means you can easily get in 3HS before you run out of ini.
    This'll also greatly hurt PvE thieves...

For the rest I'm quite happy with their idea but I doubt stealing boons will really help all that much. The main reason thieves have issues to stay alive is that they simply don't have the condi removal to deal with guards/eles/engis/... and not that they can't go through the boons (It's not that hard to time stealth so that you can BS when prot fades). It's also a bit contradictory to their mug change reasoning. Let's say that they're right and mug is used totally different and requires you to use it later on. One of the best times to use it (as they said) is when you have a lot of power. In comes the 20might stack engineer, steal his boons => mug => oneshot?

Ranger:
    Flanking pet, great idea let's hope this doesn't mean pets become slow to use burst...
    More toughness on pets is a PvE change, while good I doubt it'll be enough since most oneshot skills from bosses do shit tons of dmg and if they give pets enough toughness to survive those skills they'll be immortal in PvP/WvW.

Too much micro, seeing as rangers atm only have to deal with autoattack I doubt this really is an issue although I do get their concern.

Immediatly they talk about the leash range.

More health/proc on spirits, great but compare it to banners...

Ele:
    mist form change: Jeej finally no more uninteruptable heals from ether (but ppl will just use signet instead...)
    RTL: good change although I feel the range should be limited as well.
    SOR: pretty vague
    CW: added 5s CD, as symbolic says this won't change a lot since ppl will just chain it (+ use water 5/dodge roll). This combined with the MF change will make it so aura share becomes a lot less viable but the overall state of ele won't change.

"People react differently on live than private tests" No shit sherlock, people on live know their class inside out and you have hundreds of ppl testing one build vs what 50testers focusing on 40 builds? Please for the love of god implement a PTR system...

Engineer:
    No comments from me, I'm not that wel-versed regarding engi so I'll stay out of this one.

"we need to start dealing with splitting skills (pvp/pve) a lot more" Well duh, this has been brought up since BETA.

Mes:
    distortion(f4) no cap: good change
    moa: castable on the run great, change to skill 5 why do it here but not on frigin RTL? it's the same frigin deal and tbh I think it'll come down to moa=> dead.
    mantra: just not strong enough in comparison to other skills, portal is basically a must so you can only take 2more. Then if you play in team you have the "rez" that's needed and the last one depends on preference so at most ppl will bring 1mantra which simply doesn't warrant bringing/speccing into them.
    (caed adressed this straight after I typed this out )

necro:
    Not gonna really comment. but didn't they add epidemic being blockable in the past?

guard:
    improve viablity lol what?
    Nobody uses signets nor spirit weapons...

New priorities "jeej" looks like they're gonna start organising tourneys themselves.

Deleted
    All I can say is it was a good reminder of why I uninstalled the game. Yet again they seem unaware of bugs, yet again they nerf engys (both directly with elixir S, incendary powder & indirectly with the boon hate stuff and engy being the only class without signets). and are still utterly clueless in regard to the flaws of turrets (that healing turret will be instagibbed) and next month (9 months in?) they will focus on fixing the zillions of fundamental class bugs, most of which would of been ironed out pre-release by a competent company.
    Last edited by mmoc1f2ad58cb4; 2013-04-26 at 11:37 PM.

Isn't the name a copy of a SC2 show, State of the Game?

Quote Originally Posted by zurgs View Post
    All I can say, it was a good reminder of why I uninstalled the game. Yet again they seem unaware of bugs, yet again they nerf engys (both directly with elixir S, incendary powder & indirectly with the boon hate stuff and engy being the only class without signets). and are still utterly clueless in regard to the flaws of turrets (that healing turret wil be instagibbed) and next month (9 months in?) they will focus on fixing the zillions of fundamental class bugs, most of which would of been ironed out pre-release by a competent company.
    While I'm not as harsh, I must agree. Mainly due to my first very sentence...

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Does this matter?

State of the Game letters have been coming out from MMO developers for years now. Not sure how old that show is, but it's more taken from how there is the State of the Union in the US. State of the Game, here's how the game is doing and what we have planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahah. Are you serious? . Oh well.

Videos belong in the Video Thread.

Even those belonging to podcasts.

-- Fencers