Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If horde where to raid Teldrassil and attack Tyrande, why would Malfurion just watch?

Simple question Ive been curious about, I know hes neutral, and that's great and all, but If someone where beating on my wife, Ide tend to get upset. Thoughts?

Game mechanics. Nothing else.

Deleted
    He is the most booring and passive character in the universe.
    I wonder what could have happened if Tyrande choose Illidan and he killed off Malfurion instead. Night elves would be a lot more darker and interesting.

What i dont get is, in Wolfheart, Malfurion.wanted to go fight in Ashenvale but Tyrande insisted instead. If he went, he could have wiped out the Horde army with one quick move, but decided play bitch to Tyrande instead.

I doubt he'd even have to fight, the horde forces probably would have shit bricks just from seeing him in their path.

I tend to just feel that Blizz doesnt want to toy around with him too much and sadly misses out on the opportunity to really explore how interesting a the character could be when interacting in current events. Malfurion may as well stayed in the dream , he was there through most of WoW and now hes back , played a minor role (imo) in Cata and now put out to pasture by hanging out in a temple all day.

Kazomir - I also too think that it would have been a very interesting choice, though Illidan can be quite reckless I think when it came to horde messing with Ashenvale, Illidan would have torn them apart....and probably most of the forest int he process.

Uh, he wouldn't just watch? He's neutral in Hyjal, sure; but he's an Alliance character. If the horde stormed Teldrassil, he'd be in the front lines soloing all of them.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    I tend to just feel that Blizz doesnt want to toy around with him too much and sadly misses out on the opportunity to really explore how interesting a the character could be when interacting in current events. Malfurion may as well stayed in the dream , he was there through most of WoW and now hes back , played a minor role (imo) in Cata and now put out to pasture by hanging out in a temple all day.

Kazomir - I also too think that it would have been a very interesting choice, though Illidan can be quite reckless I think when it came to horde messing with Ashenvale, Illidan would have torn them apart....and probably most of the forest int he process.
    Who needs forests when you have SWAG (And twin demonic Warglaives)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    I doubt he'd even have to fight, the horde forces probably would have shit bricks just from seeing him in their path.
    You give demigods way too much credit. Cenarius was also a badass in his time yet he was taken out by just a single orc battalion. Granted, that army was powered by Mannaroth's blood but even so, an entire capital of not so powered orcs is definetely not something Malfurion can just go "meh" about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The only interesting thing about Malfurion is that he abandoned his brother (an infinitely better character). The fact that hes neutral and doing nothing is less of a headache than trying to make players like him.

People seem to confuse "Cool" with "Interesting", especially with Illidan, whose only defining character traits are that he's a dickblister and that he looks 'badass'. Granted, a chunk of soggy drywall looks interesting next to Malfurion.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Uh, he wouldn't just watch? He's neutral in Hyjal, sure; but he's an Alliance character. If the horde stormed Teldrassil, he'd be in the front lines soloing all of them.
    Hence, "game mechanics". You can't have this super-powerful character actually fight the horde, so when they come to get their black war bears he just stands there. The sensible thing would be to put him somewhere other than right next to Tyrande, but I guess it's not high on Blizzard's to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You give demigods way too much credit. Cenarius was also a badass in his time yet he was taken out by just a single orc battalion. Granted, that army was powered by Mannaroth's blood but even so, an entire capital of not so powered orcs is definetely not something Malfurion can just go "meh" about it.
    In Stormrage, they gather forces to assault Xavius the Nightmare Lord. During the fight, Xavius pretty much traps everyone spare Malfurion, who then channels Azeroths power through himself and one shots him.

Pretty sure the guys become stronger than Cenarius.

He's got his eyes on some saucy Cenarion Circle babe, so you're really just doing him a favor by offing his wife.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    "A single orc battalion."

Yea, lead by Grom Hellscream.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 07:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Hence, "game mechanics". You can't have this super-powerful character actually fight the horde, so when they come to get their black war bears he just stands there. The sensible thing would be to put him somewhere other than right next to Tyrande, but I guess it's not high on Blizzard's to-do list.
    I'm willing to say Jaina is about as powerful as Malfurion, definitely more powerful than anyone else in the Horde, and she was able to fight against them just fine in Dalaran.

People don't seem to understand that the Alliance leaders combined are MUCH more powerful than all the Horde leaders combined, and H v. A, the Alliance win a thousand times out of a thousand.

What are we gonna do if the horde march on Azuremyst? "Well we can't have them fight Velen, he's too fucking strong."
    Teldrassil? "Well, Tyrande can't be there because she can call on the power of Elune, and the horde can't handle that.
    Stormwind? "Can't have Wrynn going SSJ1 like against Garrosh if the horde show up, we don't want those poow babies to wose "

Of course, I read the question itself as more of a lore base question, to which the answer is "Malfurion would not just stand there and watch."
    If he means it in more of a "When we go to kill them for our achievement, why does he just stand there?" And then yea, the answer is game mechanics. I think a more important question in this regards will be "How is Garrosh going to be the final boss of SoO when he's already been killed?"
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    He is the most booring and passive character in the universe.
    I wonder what could have happened if Tyrande choose Illidan and he killed off Malfurion instead. Night elves would be a lot more darker and interesting.
    Yes this, his new "druid form" is kinda cool, but his personality is still pretty bland.

Alliance need more Jainas!

Hehe I heard that when you raid Teldrassil, he really don't help defending his wife (because it was ages ago when I was doing For the Horde achiv, he wasn't there).
    But when Alliance Attacked Thrall when he was Warchief Vol'Jin joined immediately and hexxed whole group into the frogs and was fighting alliance aswell xD

Hilarious isn't it?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The only interesting thing about Malfurion is that he abandoned his brother (an infinitely better character). The fact that hes neutral and doing nothing is less of a headache than trying to make players like him.

Also if hes going to be neutral he cant pick and choose. Either neutral or not, and from the looks of things its neutral. I cant imagine having to fight with or against him in the future.
    Another thing I tend to see as poor story telling. If Malfurion thought his twin brother of 10,000+ years was killed, wouldn't he want to look into how or why? They barely discussed it I believe. I know if my sibling was killed, bad or good, I WILL be finding out every detail I can. Just kinda seemed shy of actual closure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Hehe I heard that when you raid Teldrassil, he really don't help defending his wife (because it was ages ago when I was doing For the Horde achiv, he wasn't there).
    But when Alliance Attacked Thrall when he was Warchief Vol'Jin joined immediately and hexxed whole group into the frogs and was fighting alliance aswell xD

Hilarious isn't it?
    It seems to be "bro's before ho's" kind of situation. Or maybe malfi found himself some sexy owlkin and he want to be freed from that failure of wife.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    Yes this, his new "druid form" is kinda cool, but his personality is still pretty bland.

Alliance need more Jainas!
    The wings were pretty much an overkill.

The reason why this did not happen is because I believe they want to keep Malfurion as a character both sides like.

the same argument could be used as why did Tirion Fordring not come to the alliance aid during the quests in western plague lands, because blizz want to keep certain npcs out of the combat.

Personally I would love to see the alliance pull out npc's that are not in game or those that are in game but could offer more to the story.

General Turalyon , Lord Admiral Tandred Proudmoore , Force Commander Danath Trollbane , Warden Maiev Shadowsong ( Yes she went a bit crazy but i think her zeal is good), Broll Bearmantle , Lord Darius Crowley.

This is just to name but a few alliance npc's who would bring some proper ass kicking power back into the alliance, also the reason why I picked these people is that the majority of them are not your perfect npc's most of them are savage and brutal. I think the alliance needs a streak of " oh snap here comes X " like we had when Jaina went crazy.