Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    4th spec would be even harder to create than another class I reckon. Seeing there are 11 classes = 11 new specs opposed to 3 new specs (a class).
    not really. the hardest thing about designing a class is not the specs themselves, but the class as a whole and it's niches. what makes this class unique? what are the movement skills? et cetera.

with 4th specs, you have all of that already done. you just need some fine tunning.

in fact, 4 specs is so easy that you can just take an existing spec, copy paste it, adapt the copy to do something else and call it a new spec. it worked with feral/guardian.

you could take arcane and make a "time" healing spec from it.
    you could take demonology and make a "demon hunting" tank spec from it.
    you could take beast mastery and make a beast wrestling melee dps from it.

and so on
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Well new races and / or classes have always been one of the major attractions in WoW's expansions. MoP had class / race, Cata had two races, Wrath had a class, even TBC, in extend to two new races, offered paladins and shamans for factions that didn't previously have them, so they were technically new.
    My guess is, especially after they proved with MoP they they won't stop at throwing in new classes even though there's already more than enough of them AND they create such a mess to balance, if they can't come up with enough strong features for an xpac then they WILL add classes or races, or at least make some already existing but faction-bound races available to the other faction.

I only hope they'll make it a 10 level expansion this time, get all cannons blazing one final time and then let this poor old lady retire quietly. It's really time for something entirely new.

You know what would be even better? New models, new talent tree, AND a new race and class. Might as well want it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Demon Hunters should not be a hero class... No more hero classes please, it was more than enough with Death Knights. All future classes should be introduced the same way Monks were, meaning at level 1 with the same start zones as everyone else.
    I don't see a single thing wrong with hero classes. The death knight starting area was great. And the DK would just not make much sense if you start as a level 1 in Elwynn or Durotar.

I just hope they won't get lazy and pull off another Cataclysm. The fact that they're making it look like they are using so "many resources" to redo the old character models is a red flag for me. Next thing you know they'll say: We had to chose between redoing the char' models or make a new one.

It's funny because, when it comes to creating stuff they can sell in the store, they find all the resources for that. They always find the resources when they wanna go through a stubborn idea of theirs, they just never find them for what we actually want.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was gonna put demon hunter in my original post, but i know how much of a debate there is about it. personally, i think it would require Illidans return by metzen's magic fairy dust. i think it would be a hell of an addition to the game if they pulled it off right. it could be a hero class, or not. hero class would be interesting though. you would probably start out in BT or somewhere in shadowmoon. could give them an opportunity to rework some of outlands (didnt they say at one point that hellfire penn is on the list of things to rework?).

4th spec would be interesting as well. give hunters a tanking spec plz

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Demon Hunters should not be a hero class... No more hero classes please, it was more than enough with Death Knights. All future classes should be introduced the same way Monks were, meaning at level 1 with the same start zones as everyone else.
    DK's started at a higher level for lore related reasons... former heroes of the alliance or horde that had fallen in battle shouldn't be a level one, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they have enough trouble balancing what they already have. I couldn't care less if Monks and Death Knights were removed from the game tomorrow and they announced no new classes would be introduced to the game. I'd actually be a bit ecstatic.

I don't care if they add another race or class in the next expansion. Everyone was like OMG PANDAS!!!!!! MONKSSSZZ!! I still haven't leveled a Monk to 90 and don't want a Pandaren character unless it's a Female Rogue. Unfortunately, I already have a surplus of Rogues. It's something I want to do, but it is so far down my list of priorities that I doubt that I ever will.

Male Pandaren are just... A really, really bad joke. HURR DURR LUKIT ME IM SO FAT I'M AN ADORABLE MORBIDLY OBESE PANDA.

Still have not played a Goblin or Worgen character.

Could not care less.

I'd love to see no new class just so the DH wannabes realise all their feverish self-convincing speculation was wishful thinking repeated ad nauseam in the tiny, tiny echo chamber of their annoying minority.

Could the next expansion not add a new race or clase in favour of updated player models? Anything is possible, all we can do is speculate until Blizzard deigns to inform us. Updated models is a thing many people want, so unless they tease us with potential new race/class to garner interest, they very well could just focus their efforts on the updates.

Would I like to have a new race/class over updates? Hard to say. I do harbour an internal fear of Troll updates. I dig the sexy new Zandalari models but something about those ears makes me frown. I wouldn't want those batty ears on my Trolls, personally, so I would be disappointed to not get a new race to distract myself with. The actual expansion content would have to be really good to make up for it (and I'm perhaps a bit strange in being one of seemingly few people who dislike the Burning Legion angle.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Should the next expansion be about the Burning Legion, I think the chances of there not being a Demon Hunter hero class are slim.
    There wont ever be a Demon hunter class.
    Demon hunters are dead. They died with Illidan. There are only 1 or 2 demon hunters out in the world(s)

Secondly, almolst all of their iconic abilities are allready taken by warlocks, so what is the point.

The only guys that want to have demon hunters are guys that want to be night elves with eye-bandanas that run around shirtless with tatoos and twin warglaives around, that's it. It's cool, but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the races or the classes fit the theme of the expansion, then yes. Else, no.

"King Varian, you wish to make war on my people!? You shall have your war, human. You will see the fury of the Horde rage through your cities. You will see your throne split in two! This I swear!" -Thrall, patch 4.2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    As long as they make leveling the new class easy like with the monks' daily buff, I don't mind a new one. Oh, and a 12th character slot of course.
    Took the words out of my mouth. I would love to see another class AND race (neutral please, loving it) as well as 90-? content!

Would prefer new models for the current races which need them over a new race / class. Would probably influence a number of people to use the paid race change option also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Demon hunters are dead. They died with Illidan. There are only 1 or 2 demon hunters out in the world(s)

Secondly, almolst all of their iconic abilities are allready taken by warlocks, so what is the point.

The only guys that want to have demon hunters are guys that want to be night elves with eye-bandanas that run around shirtless with tatoos and twin warglaives around, that's it. It's cool, but that's it.
    But to add, ofcourse, Metzen said that he really wants to revive illidan because he is a sucker for a good redemption story, so it is possible that could happen.

Deleted

1 or 2 that they've shown in game. Please.

But to add, ofcourse, Metzen said that he really wants to revive illidan because he is a sucker for a good redemption story, so it is possible that could happen.
    No it isn't. When someone dies they're dead. To resurrect them has the same effect as a deus ex machina. It's like it all didn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing that we will get new skeletons, animations, and models instead of a new race/class.

Can we please kill this Demon Hunter shit already?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

I believe that it is set in stone that we will get new models instead of new race/class, and I am MORE than happy with that. The game keeps changing too much and too fast. It would be a nice change to see them develop the leaders' story for once and focus more on the lore and the little things instead of keeping up jokes from the pop culture. We really had enough of that. Everyone can come up with smart names for quests, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with an expansion with no new class or race. Some days I think there are already too many in the game. I don't know that I think it's likely to happen but I'd be OK with that if it did.

It would also be really refreshing to have an expansion where we didn't have to relearn how to play the classes we already have. Just saying.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."