Page 2 of 348 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    oh please dear god no. Not everything need to be turned into an MMO, really. I want to remember the Witcher setting as a wonderful setting for incredible and well crafted single player games, without being touched by the corrupting needs of a persistent world game.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-04-19 at 07:26 PM.

But Geralt is what makes the Witcher tick. He's an icon. When he's gone, there will either be no games in the Witcher setting, or an MMO. I just said I would very much like to see it happen. It may, or it may not, it's way too early to tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are setting up for a future Witcher MMO, at least the open world part suggests that. Also if Geralt's personal story is concluded, they will not have to worry so much about lore and players won't feel obliged to play 'the' witcher.

The Witcher world is very rich, full of side stories (both from the books and the games), monsters - many of which never even had an appearance in games, there's a ton of possible classes and playable races... Well, it would generally be a waste if they never made an MMO.
    To be honest they said this is the last game in the Witcher series, and until now they mostly kept their word on most things so I doubt there will be a Witcher MMO.

Yes, the story is very interesting, we'll see what happens though. Maybe they change their mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    But Geralt is what makes the Witcher tick. He's an icon. When he's gone, there will either be no games in the Witcher setting, or an MMO. I just said I would very much like to see it happen. It may, or it may not, it's way too early to tell.
    my point was that I vastly prefer the "May not" to the "it may"

Deleted
    So: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...off-the-table/

Seems that they went back on the idea of having Multiplayer.
    Can't express how much I'm relieved to hear this that would have been soo much a bad idea. Or at least an Idea I would not have liked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    So: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...off-the-table/

Seems that they went back on the idea of having Multiplayer.
    Can't express how much I'm relieved to hear this that would have been soo much a bad idea. Or at least an Idea I would not have liked.
    One thing that would have been nice would have been them making a co-op so to say, with someone playing Geraldt, and the others playing his friends Dandelion, the dwarf (I can't remember his name right now) and Triss since these guys have always been his companions (besides Shani, who died sometimes between Witcher 1 and 2 as I saw in the witcher wiki, pity, I liked her a lot ).

In these screenshots, Witcher 3 is still using RedEngine, but it's gonna use RedEngine 3 in retail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    One thing that would have been nice would have been them making a co-op so to say, with someone playing Geraldt, and the others playing his friends Dandelion, the dwarf (I can't remember his name right now) and Triss since these guys have always been his companions (besides Shani, who died sometimes between Witcher 1 and 2 as I saw in the witcher wiki, pity, I liked her a lot ).
    I don't think it would feel too much good for your "co opter" think about it. Only one can be the hero in this game and this is Geralt, the other one is a useless grunt that drag along, dialogues would be weird, who decide what of the two? Also I would prefer Zoltan or Triss Marigold at this point. LolDandelion is a nice character but can't see him travelling along and stand there while you hunt monster and similar

Maybe with some workarounds would work, I agree, but I think it would take too much out of development of story and of the SP experience it's a game about the story, let's have them focus on that

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I don't think it would feel too much good for your "co opter" think about it. Only one can be the hero in this game and this is Geralt, the other one is a useless grunt that drag along, dialogues would be weird, who decide what of the two? Also I would prefer Zoltan or Triss Marigold at this point. LolDandelion is a nice character but can't see him travelling along and stand there while you hunt monster and similar

Maybe with some workarounds would work, I agree, but I think it would take too much out of development of story and of the SP experience it's a game about the story, let's have them focus on that
    Well, Dandelion is a major character in books, in every adventure Geralt has Dandelion is also present

Gotta say tho, Co-op wouldn't be a great option. The Witcher is about the witcher, making it multiplayer would break the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Well, Dandelion is a major character in books, in every adventure Geralt has Dandelion is also present
    Hardly, he's in quite a few and in most of the major one (Like the gold dragon) but there are many, many adventures where he's not present, or only makes a very short cameo.

Gotta say tho, Co-op wouldn't be a great option. The Witcher is about the witcher, making it multiplayer would break the character.
    Why people always go for the CO OP coup when they think of multiplayer? :|

If done right, similiar to the style NWN was made along with easy to use tools a properly made multiplayer would be awesome with only imagination as limit and would add a ton to replayability and age of the game.

My issue with shoving multiplayer to modern games is not issue with multiplayer itself, but it's shoved on as your typical co-op or entirely detached MP modes like Horde or CTF.

Do it right, do it like NWN and I'd praise the maker to high heaven.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    You all have great points but I still prefer the game to be a *great* single player game, if for this we will have to sacrifice the MP aspect I'm all game for it

wow. best RPG incoming
    Last edited by Radeghost; 2014-06-05 at 06:35 PM.

See ya, Dragon Age.

So hyped for this game. What Skyrim should have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Yennefer looks so awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Snap its a Love Triangle.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
    February 24th just can't come soon enough.

The pre-order goodies are also fucking glorious. Hats off to CPRP for W3.
    I see GOG Galaxy will also be loved among gamers.

And Ciri looks so damn great. And the place where she's headed is the place where we killed Jacques de Aldesberg.

Graphics look really next-gen and this feels epic. Emhyr var Emreis' voice <3

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Emhyr var Emreis' voice <3
    Charles Dance. Always a great choice, no matter what. [Yes, he would be a great Elsa in Frozen aswell. As I said, ALWAYS a great choice.]

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    And Ciri looks so damn great. And the place where she's headed is the place where we killed Jacques de Aldesberg.

Graphics look really next-gen and this feels epic. Emhyr var Emreis' voice <3
    Charles Dance. CD Project Red found a way to make me even more hyped for The Witcher 3.