Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Now That Diablo 3 Is Almost A Year Old - Still Trying To Find A Reason To Play

You know, I get they've made some minor band-aid changes to the game to improve it, but one must wonder what exactly they're doing for an entire year almost to go by without one single major patch.

It's been almost a year and I'm really trying to love the game. It's the same process with every single character though, the game's only a year old and I loathe leveling. I don't mind Act 1 but Act 2 makes me want to rip my hair out. Act 4 is FAR too short and I think we can all say we're tired of farming Act 3 over and over again.

All these band-aid changes are helping in some way or another but they're still not trying to address the real issues of this game.

- Itemization is stupid. They did this in order to focus people more towards the Auction House. They knew it would happen, there's no way you couldn't know it would happen by introducing such a bogus itemization. Diablo 3 is a farming game, not an Auction House game.
    - There's no way Chris Metzen or any of the other talented writers they've employed have worked on this storyline. I love the stories of all Blizzard games but this one felt ridiculous. Bosses always told you their diabolical plans and it just felt like watching a cartoon from the 90s. "You may have beaten my Lieutenant but my armies still flow through the hell rift.. HAHAHAHA!" "Oh you killed my Hell Rift? That's fine, that's not my only one!"
    - Not only is the story beyond terrible in-game but you're forced to follow it. There's no free-roaming allowed, you HAVE to play the same tired out story over and over. Not only that, but there's still no option to auto-skip cinematics. We get it, you want us to watch the cinematics and in-game pauses, but skipping them 200 times per character just to get through Inferno isn't fun.
    - I'm not a hardcore PvPer but the PvP that was displayed before release looked fun. Yet, we still have no hopes of ever having arena like PvP come our way. Don't you dare bring up the Brawling feature either, that was a slap in the face.
    - Also forced monster affixes are the idea of someone that needs to be fired. You have no control over being walled in, jailed, feared or anything else. Players should have an opportunity to avoid these attacks before they happen. We can smash through demonic sieges, 10 foot monsters and we can destroy the environment but we can't break 3 foot walls when monsters surround us with them?

Let's look at some old videos of how Diablo 3 was looking before the release:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvThjiE038 (this video is one of the videos that got me hooked)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrGE3VLiSk (Ah... PvP)

This one still gets me to lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk (How I felt on launch day)

Just a quick overview of what I remember was brought by patches:

- Adding AH Tooltips
    - Giving players more incentive to play Multiplayer
    - Increasing the MF cap
    - Fixing Monster Density so that players do more than two sections of Act 3
    - Giving players the ability to Identify All (I'm not sure why there's UNID in the first place since they don't require a tome)
    - More nerfs and more buffs

- NV persists through Acts
    - MF was increased in MP games
    - Nerfed res timer
    - Buffed gold pickup radius
    - MP came to public games
    - Blizzard added Brawling (only further enraging people who want to PvP)
    - Demonic essence was added
    - Reflect damage got a nerf
    - A bunch of crafting plans were added (most of them being BoP)

I don't remember what this did.. a couple of bug fixes? I'm not looking it up.

- More buffs
    - Added MP
    - Added Ubers
    - I remember a couple of monster nerfs

- Paragon levels

I don't remember... I think they buffed item drops in this one? Or something? I know they made it so you couldn't kite mobs into town anymore.

If I recall, they fixed a bunch of embarrassing errors that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game Diablo 3 is right now, is how Diablo 3 should have been when it was released.

Thats how I see it.
    Call me House.

Meh i beat it on Hell difficulty once, and just stopped since i got bored with it. Also the RMAH pissed me off.

Deleted
    I have the same issue. MP and paragon levels are all pretty good, but im thinking too little too late. Those changes came after a lot of people left the game. Ill come back if there is new content added - ie new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    The game Diablo 3 is right now, is how Diablo 3 should have been when it was released.

Thats how I see it.
    I agree 100%

Not that I care about it but the fact the pvp part of it still has not been added and its been almost a yard is depressing. To be clear I don't count the Dueling because its a joke and a slap in the face to those wanting true pvp.

if done right D3 could have some really fun pvp.

I know I'm not to happy about the nerf Wrath is getting in the next patch but I barely play anyway so it dose not matter.

I wish D3 had some short of true end game like what Torchlight II did a ARPG can have some short of endgame and still give you that ARPG feel.

I really don't count ubers being endgame because of the fact you have to farm Act1-4 many times to get into ubers.

Now as I said if it had the same type of setup that TLII has for endgame I would play it a lot more.

If I have to farm act 3 one more time......

"Not trying to Game vs Game so don't take it that way"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Diablo 3 is not an MMO, blizzard are under no obligation to release big patches for this game, the only thing they needed to do, was to tidy it up and they have done that, that's it. Diablo 3 is a hack-n-slash top down RPG that followed on from it's very successful predecessor, if you had played that at all you would know what to expect from this. Until the expansion the game is pretty much finished.

I am very tired of people thinking Blizzard have to release major patches for this type of game when they do not, it's not like it's even in the same league as Starcraft 2 were there is competitive play, but I'm comparing apples to oranges now like your trying too...

P.S if you don't like RNG go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Diablo 3 is not an MMO, blizzard are under no obligation to release big patches for this game, the only thing they needed to do, was to tidy it up and they have done that, that's it. Diablo 3 is a hack-n-slash top down RPG that followed on from it's very successful predecessor, if you had played that at all you would know what to expect from this. Until the expansion the game is pretty much finished.

I am very tired of people thinking Blizzard have to release major patches for this type of game when they do not, it's not like it's even in the same league as Starcraft 2 were there is competitive play, but I'm comparing apples to oranges now like your trying too...

Too much RNG can be a bad thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm sorry I don't care what you or blizzard has stated in my eyes as soon as they decided to make it online only it because a MMOARPG and therefor should get big patchs not saying more content patchs or any so do keep that in mind.

They released a half baked broken game and it stayed that way for nearly half a year until some things got fixed. a lot of the content they release I would even bet on that they wanted to hold it off until its x-pac.

Don't want it to be looked at like a MMO it should not get treated like one. AKA nerfing abilitys/Nerfing loot drops ect.....

The point of a ARPG is in the end you feel like a god and mow threw everything and each time players reach this point in D3 Blizzard dose something to remove it.

Just like the Wrath nerf coming up its not needed and so what with the right gear a barb can stay up in it THAT IS THE POINT OF A ARPG that in the end you reach a point and feel like a god. but yet blizzard wants to keep telling us how to have fun and remove that goal post with each patch.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-27 at 11:51 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Too much RNG can be a bad thing.
    Gaining equipment in this game is based on RNG, the auction house is for people who hate RNG, but if your buying your gear why are you playing the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaining equipment in this game is based on RNG, the auction house is for people who hate RNG, but if your buying your gear why are you playing the game?
    I haven't touched D3 in awhile. Nerfing the RNG ingame would make the AH more necessary and thus the word *forced* comes in. Yes RNG is necessary but if you make it so bad that it pushes people away and making the AH a necessary or rather required thing to use then there is a problem.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The RNG in this game is effected by the AH this is something that has already been proven.

The AH/RMAH should not be in the game at all.

But like with all tools if you got it ur going to use it and that is one of the things that hurts d3.

Double Post.
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-04-28 at 12:06 AM.

Blizzard have never stated Diablo 3 is an MMO, I agree with the fact that I hate online only play, I've shared many a time dying to a mob or not being able to log in because of this, but that doesn't make it an MMO and it should not be treated as such.

You do get to the point were you feel like a god in this game, you just have to spend more time on it than most, again dos not mean it's not implemented.
    To get to the point to where you feel like a god in D3 you have to do 2 things.

One is farm gold not gear but gold.

the 2nd is work around what blizzard nerfs.

Both of those should not be in a ARPG. The RNG in D3 is so bad that its better to just farm gold and buy off the AH.

As I said if blizzard "or anyone else" wants the game to stop being looked at as a MMO then blizzard needs to stop treating it like one.

I love that line blizzard gives with each nerf "We did not intend for X ability to be used in such a way"

Its a fucken ARPG stop trying to blance it like a MMO aka like they do with WOW.

Once again not game vs game but look at torchlight II they rarely have nerfed anything"if anything has been nerfed at all" and mostly have just fixed bugs and added a few things to the game.

Blizzard dose not treat D3 like its a normal ARPG so why should we.

also lets now look at the fact the Ps3 Version will not have the RMAH "maybe not the gold ether" and can be played offline with 4 friends in ur living room.

The ps3 players are getting the version that the PC players should have had "not bashing ps3 players"

Also don't get my started on the nerfing the amount of trash in the act's and the 50%-75% xp nerf to some trash types.

to sum my thoughs up for blizzard.....LEAVE D3 THE FUCK ALONE.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-28 at 12:09 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I try my best to play it again I mean really people I did that shit for like 12 hours a day or something silly until I realized wow this is fucking awful like I learned economic manipulation quite easily so that helped me get my gear. Like really you can be me and play fucking 12 hours once more as I've stated a day and still not get shit that's what pisses me off, entiltement? Fuck yeah with level 100 paragon farming MP 8-10 quite fast is is AND as a DH mind you ( DH is fucking shit )

The itemization is a fucking joke, they desperately NEED to fix it like what the fuck why is Manticore the ONLY viable weapon in terms of it being super high tier. WF's can't exactly compare nor duel crossbows. Another example is Skorn like no other top tier player in terms of a other 2 hander like why even make other legendaries?

Oh and other thing these nerfs are stupid like granted I'm a DH and I haven't been shit on since nether tentacle nerf but still It's an ARPG you want to feel OP like It's stupid shit like this that's going to make people quit the game because OH WE THOUGHT IT WAS FINE FOR 2 PATCHES but now we are going to shit on your most beloved ability based on your gear and build sorry bros

The fuck is that? aka Barb and Archon wiz getting the bat soon

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    I try my best to play it again I mean really people I did that shit for like 12 hours a day or something silly until I realized wow this is fucking awful like I learned economic manipulation quite easily so that helped me get my gear. Like really you can be me and play fucking 12 hours once more as I've stated a day and still not get shit that's what pisses me off, entiltement? Fuck yeah with level 100 paragon farming MP 8-10 quite fast is is AND as a DH mind you ( DH is fucking shit )

The itemization is a fucking joke, they desperately NEED to fix it like what the fuck why is Manticore the ONLY viable weapon in terms of it being super high tier. WF's can't exactly compare nor duel crossbows. Another example is Skorn like no other top tier player in terms of a other 2 hander like why even make other legendaries?

Oh and other thing these nerfs are stupid like granted I'm a DH and I haven't been shit on since nether tentacle nerf but still It's an ARPG you want to feel OP like It's stupid shit like this that's going to make people quit the game because OH WE THOUGHT IT WAS FINE FOR 2 PATCHES but now we are going to shit on your most beloved ability based on your gear and build sorry bros

The fuck is that? aka Barb and Archon wiz getting the bat soon
    Yep Its like I said the main problem with this game is blizzard treating it like its a MMO then telling us to play it like a ARPG.

and ya next patch Wrath gets nerfed so my gear becomes useless.

RNG is so bad and I don't care who says different its worse then D2 had that your are forced to use AH. like you just said you spent 12hrs a day on D3 and worked the AH to get ur gear.

If you didn't do that u would still be in shit level 58 blues.

Funny part is I just got around to leveling my 2nd toon "because leveling bores the shit out of me" and its a wizard so I get to eat the nerf bat 2 times this next patch.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-28 at 01:33 AM.

There is only one reason to play any of the Diablo games; to grind loot. Either to improve yourself or trade.

Loot grinding is the game absolutely. There is nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is only one reason to play any of the Diablo games; to grind loot. Either to improve yourself or trade.

Loot grinding is the game absolutely. There is nothing else.
    Right and normally in ARPG's like D2/TLII you grind for loot like you just said.

In D3 that has changed to Grind for Gold or work the auction house because the RNG is so bad the chance of getting loot is slim to none even with max MF.

The Auction house and what is in it should not effect the drops in the game but yet it dose. blizzard tryed to use the AH as a cash gab and it failed.

Ask yourself this if the RMAH worked so dam well why is the Ps3 Version not getting it. It mite not even get the gold one as well.

As I said once Blizzard stops treating D3 like a MMO with all the useless nerfs and fix the RNG a bit then ill be happy to play until then I won't.

The nerf that barbs and wizards is about to get is uncalled for like I said this is not a MMO its a ARPG and its about time Blizzard treat it like a ARPG.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-28 at 02:03 AM.

Gold = loot, loot = gold.

Same thing. The game could drop apples with X number of apples equaling Y number of oranges. If oranges were your ultimate end you would grind for apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Gold = loot, loot = gold.

Same thing. The game could drop apples with X number of apples equaling Y number of oranges. If oranges were your ultimate end you would grind for apples.
    Sorry but I disagree with you.

Loot has and always will = loot. that is the way TL works that is the way the original Diablo's worked and even in POE its Loot = Loot because there is no gold system.

If I have to farm gold to buy gear out of the AH then Diablo 3 has failed in what it means to play a ARPG.

The whole point in grinding in a ARPG is to hope for that awesome loot drop now it has changed to "God I got to farm a lot of gold to get X item from the AH or God another day of working the AH to buy that awesome item"

Diablo 3 dose not have the spirit of a ARPG.

Once more it gets treated like a MMO by blizzard.

To prove my point look at my barb in my sig all items on him besides the neck came from the AH. the Neck/Hellfire ring is the best items I have ever got without buying from the AH and that isn't saying much.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-28 at 02:11 AM.

The itemization ruined the game for me in the end. When I stopped playing I had a monk with about 65k dps who could clear Inferno easily. I could go several weeks without finding even an item I could sell for more than a few million gold on the AH.

You're better off playing slot machines than actually playing Diablo to get upgrades.