Poll: Is a 4th Spec Possible?

Thread: 4th Spec Ideas

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Seeing as how Blizzard is toying with the idea of Tri-Spec (hence the data mining), I don't think it's so far fetched to think that we might be getting a 4 spec for every class in the new expansion. I tell you what, it would be a hell of a lot more interesting than just getting 1 or two new abilities when we level up to new cap. Here are some ideas for each class for a 4th spec. I need a little help though it's kinda hard coming for seeing as how I'm not a Lore enthusiast.

Death Knight - Healer - (Really cool concept blog linked) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ay-a-DK-Healer
    Druid - ?
    Hunter - Shadow/Demon Spec
    Mage - Battlemage
    Monk - ?
    Paladin - ?
    Priest - ?
    Rogue - Field Medic Healer
    Shaman - Enhacement Tank
    Warlock - Demon Form Tank
    Warrior - ?
    I didn't understand if you are asking if 4th specs in general are possible or if only the above mentioned. Also, are you asking if we are gonna be getting a full 10 new specs just in 1 expansion or along the way?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Seeing as how Blizzard is toying with the idea of Tri-Spec (hence the data mining), I don't think it's so far fetched to think that we might be getting a 4 spec for every class in the new expansion. I tell you what, it would be a hell of a lot more interesting than just getting 1 or two new abilities when we level up to new cap. Here are some ideas for each class for a 4th spec. I need a little help though it's kinda hard coming for seeing as how I'm not a Lore enthusiast.

Death Knight - Healer - (Really cool concept blog linked) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ay-a-DK-Healer
    Druid - ?
    Hunter - Shadow/Demon Spec
    Mage - Battlemage
    Monk - ?
    Paladin - ?
    Priest - ?
    Rogue - Field Medic Healer
    Shaman - Enhacement Tank
    Warlock - Demon Form Tank
    Warrior - ?
    Wait, I'm confused. Where is the leap in logic from 'oh, Blizz is toying with (and not neccisarily going to implement) tri spec' to 'this is a good sign we'll all have four specs next expansion!'

How about you take one spec from each of the classes and split it down the middle and call it a fourth spec, brilliant!

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest Holy dps specc! I wants my holy dps back from BC =O

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight - The DK healer thread says everything (can't post links)... BEAUTIFUL thread. Cheers to GamerLCD!
    Druid - Druids have 4 specs already. Not sure if they'd give a 5th spec, I think that'd break the concept of giving 4 to the others.
    Hunter - I'd give petless spec to rogues and beastmaster to warriors. I think a Hunter healer would be pretty cool, but I have no idea how to enhance the idea.
    Mage - Battlemage. Can't imagine a healer, I find it too forced imho...
    Monk - Red Crane Spec: RDPS. I imagine meleeing from afar, something Dhalsim like, but with spirit arms (and legs). It'd be pretty neat.
    Paladin - Zealot (DW DPS).
    Priest - Holy-Based DPS (as opposed to the pure shadow).
    Rogue - Scoundrel Spec! It'd be awesome. It'd be the petless hunter people want, but with Leather so you can roleplay your goddam Dark Ranger. LOL
    Shaman - Tank. Fire: Elemental. Lightning: Enhancement. Water: Resto. We need a Earth-element based tank! Not sure if we'd have earth shield too, but still!
    Warlock - Demon Form Tank. To make Illidan fan-boys happy, maybe even let them use DW Swords.
    Warrior - Absolutely no idea... Maybe a Beastmaster? Archpriest's idea sounds neat too, the ranged Warr (or Bladeslinger *winkwink*)

4th spec is something I find absolutely AWESOME. It should be implemented pronto imo. It'd solve a lot of problems regarding loot and would shut some mouths about some classes (ranger, intplate and even Demon Hunter).

One thing I love in the idea is sharing some class-specific shit. Ranged weapons, pets, intplate... It would solve so many shit!

Death Knight: lich, a ranged caster dps
    Mage: infinte, a healer spec using time magic to literally undo injuries so they never happened.
    shaman: fire for ele, wind for enhance, water for healing, surely stone for tanking is the obvious choice?
    monk: red crane style ranged dps
    hunter: ranger tanking spec, no pet, in the bosses face smacking him across the jaw with a bow and throwing caltrops and snares to slow and kites the boss.
    priest: smite, melee dps spec
    warlock: infernal, a tanking spec to sacrifice your pet to become a demon yourself.
    rogue: swashbuckler, pirate themed tanking spec, two swords or a sword and a musket.
    warrior: dragoon, using a shield and spear/polarm using jump attacks and moves like running from the boss to leap back for aoe damage
    paladin: witch hunter, a combination ranged and melee dps that uses fire and the sword to purge evil.

Deleted
    Death Knight - Darkness/Fear (Dark ranger-necromancer-banshee spec) Ranged dps, agi from weapon and intelligence (armor) are converted into attack power. The death knight already have a "lich" spec and a "necromancer", if he will ever get a 4th spec, it should be an original one.

Hunter - Savagery (melee dps)
    Mage - Restoration (healing spec mixing fire cauterization, ice armor absorption and bruise cooling, and time control)
    Paladin - Justice/peacekeeper (ranged weapon dps, because shockadin will always be a hybrid thing imo) agi from weapon and int are converted into attack power
    Priest - Exorcism (light magic dps)
    Rogue - Assault/ranger/spec ops (dps using ranged weapon, and maybe someday dw 2 handguns or mini crossbows)
    Shaman - Enhacement Tank
    Warlock - Dark apotheosis (tank melee demon form spec)
    Warrior - protection gets right-hand-titan grip, new tank spec "juggernaut" with dual wielding 1h weapon
    Last edited by mmoc51a7f52e2b; 2013-04-28 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to GC, adding specs for all the classes is the equivalent of adding one new class.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcraw...23266185551872

This needs to be posted in every 4th spec thread. Blizzard could essentially revitalize every older class with the same effort as making a new one.

I know what I would do if I was in charge.

It doesn't say "all classes", though that's the most sensible interpretation, since 1 spec is not going to need the same amount of abilities as a class.

Still, sounds like they at least looked into that option already, and it's not quite as far-fetched as some would make it seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think 3 specs are enough, however!

DK-Necromancer (Int Plate) still dps.
    Monk-Red Crane (Ranged Dps)
    Hunter- Someone above mentioned this, ambusher melee spec.
    Shaman- ...Anything that makes them a tank with 2 h or 1h + shield
    Mage-Chronomancy/Techno-mage
    Rogue- ..No idea
    Warrior- No idea. Maybe Blademaster?
    Warlock- ..No idea.
    Priest- No idea.
    Am I missing a class? ..No Idea.
    Paladin- Dual wielding dps.
    Howay the lads!

Deleted
    i really like your ideas but heres my opinion what the new spec should be like

rogue, ranger, a bow using rogua that would suprise enemies from stealth
    druid, already have 4 specs..
    warrior, peacekeeper, meaby a new kind of 2h tank, warrior without rage
    mage, battlemage, mage that would use arcane magic to heal
    priest, sentinel, priest with bow
    warlock, demon hunter, int based melee warlock
    DK,lick, ranged dps
    hunter,berserker, melee hunter taht would use rage
    monk, red crane monk, ranged dps
    paladin,avenger, ranged dps
    shaman, earthshaker, 2h tank

I'd rather have a fourth spec (rolled out over time) than more classes. It just makes more sense to me.

Add 1 more class, for an even 12. Afterwards just roll out an additional 2-3 specs per expansion till we have 4-6 expansions. Just seems logical.

Warriors could have a ranged DPS spec. That'd be pretty cool. I mean we are the master of all weapons, so that should include ranged too, right?

I would normally say no to this idea, but seeing as how much people want things like BladeMasters and Demon Hunters, yet we've already got a lot of overlap with other classes, this could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Not saying it will happen, but it would both allow those class ideas to 'manifest' in the game, and also, 11 new specs sounds a lot better than 1 new class, giving people a fresh new inspiration to play the other classes. The only downside to it all, how to make the 11 specs have that fun, new feel that isn't too much of the "Oooh shiny" mentality so that people will actually keep playing their other 3 specs. DK-Wrath-Launch-Syndrome needs to be avoided, XD.

Another thing is, for some classes, this comes especially natural. Like a Chi-Ji stance for Monks. I mean, come on, at Launch I noticed that Chi-Ji was shafted as far as how he is presented both in the Monk Class abilities and in the story(Yu-Lon and Xuen have the spotlight there).

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    According to GC, adding specs for all the classes is the equivalent of adding one new class.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcraw...23266185551872

This needs to be posted in every 4th spec thread. Blizzard could essentially revitalize every older class with the same effort as making a new one.

I know what I would do if I was in charge.
    Oh wow, that made my day. It's not a confirmation, but it does sound like the idea has already crossed their minds AND it seemed possible.
    Last edited by Ilfayt; 2013-04-28 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Warriors could have a ranged DPS spec. That'd be pretty cool. I mean we are the master of all weapons, so that should include ranged too, right?
    Nah, Warriors in this game are master of melee weapons, with hunters the masters of ranged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Do we really need another thread on this?
    Exactly what i was thinking. haha

10+ Year Old Account
    What if... Demon Hunter was the next 4th spec and every class had it available as a "Hero" spec, after lets say.... 65 or 75 and had to complete a quest chain to use it. Every class could have a different flavors of it, but only minor things like, mages do bonus arcane damage with abilities while pally's do bonus holy damage... Dunno if I'm making sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    What if... Demon Hunter was the next 4th spec and every class had it available as a "Hero" spec, after lets say.... 65 or 75 and had to complete a quest chain to use it. Every class could have a different flavors of it, but only minor things like, mages do bonus arcane damage with abilities while pally's do bonus holy damage... Dunno if I'm making sense...
    I think I get the gist of what you're saying, you may just need to clarify what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Would necromancer as a mage or lock spec make more sens then as a DK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    I think I get the gist of what you're saying, you may just need to clarify what you mean.
    Well basically it'd be like a common pool spec, where it'd be more or less like a new class, but that you have access to on your main.

The basic abilities would be spread out to be the same on all classes, but all of the classes would still feel unique. For example you have lets say... a basic strike attack. Warriors could do more damage while mages could do bonus arcane damage and pallies could do bonus holy damage.

I haven't got everything figured out but it gives a rough outline of my idea.