Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Random question, but before this tier people were really hyped about Sotf moonkin. What ever happened to that? People were saying that T15 4 set could be up 100% and made the talent really strong.

Are there any fights its strong for currently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    Random question, but before this tier people were really hyped about Sotf moonkin. What ever happened to that? People were saying that T15 4 set could be up 100% and made the talent really strong.

Are there any fights its strong for currently?
    T15 4-piece should already be up 100% of the time if you have the legendary meta gem. Additionally, it looks as if the 10296 GCD cap is best to shoot for once you have ~heroic gear from this tier, so that just means an even higher base NG uptime.

I don't know of any fight in ToT that you would pick SotF over Incarnation. Incarnation provides a big damage boost for damage modifier fights, as well as multi-target.

The only fight I found SotF more useful than Incarnation is Primordious, 25man, being on blob duty. Where overall damage matters, but -consistent- dot pressure also matters, getting the blobs down in time all the time instead of zerging them within 10 yards with Inc up and not being able to kill all without it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    The only fight I found SotF more useful than Incarnation is Primordious, 25man, being on blob duty. Where overall damage matters, but -consistent- dot pressure also matters, getting the blobs down in time all the time instead of zerging them within 10 yards with Inc up and not being able to kill all without it up.
    For that fight, Inc is probably more useful. Popping your normal burst rotation on the first blob makes sure that it dies quickly, and then for the rest of the fight you have the Buffs to keep up with the rest of the Blobs, using the CD's to burn the boss for 30 second every 3 minutes, or to help another lane that is having issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting in the preliminary 5.3 changes today. Major differences:

• Soul Prism of Lei Shen swapped in for Passionfire Choker. Since we're hitting the haste breakpoint before dumping the rest of our points into crit, a spirit/haste neck is just as well itemised as spirit/crit.
    • Jadefire Drape swapped in for Deadly Glare Cape. This is an obvious change
    • Ro'shak's Remembrance swapped in for Durumu's Captive Eyeball. This is partly because Ro'shak's has a very strong amount of crit, but also allows us to reforge from Mastery -> Spirit on the Jadefire Drape. This is actually a sizable upgrade (~800 DPS).
    • Breath of the Hydra swapped in for Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen. To make sure this comparison was equal, I compared the two trinkets without 2/2 upgrades, because WrathCalcs isn't currently applying the 8 ilvl increase to UVLS's proc chance. Regardless, UVLS is around 2k DPS lower than Breath **on average**. We should still do the new opener to make sure CA is buffed by both trinkets.
    • Incarnation changed to FoN as default, but I recognise Incarnation will be better on some multi-target fights.
    • 1 red gem changed from int/crit to int/haste.

I'll add these to the OP, but if you'd like to improve the list I implore you to do so. I'm currently using FoN/HotW with Engineering/Tailoring and a 0.2 SS proc waste modifier. Oh, and worgen.

Deleted
    This new rotation you're talking about is simply just starting in Solar and use Inc/CA at the same time right? just to get into Lunar after CA drops off. I guess this is mainly for the purpose of the meta/trinkets have the highest chance to proc on the pull and you would get out a higher burst number out of that.

And for the record, would you consider getting the 10,2k haste cap in high end gear? 530+ that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    This new rotation you're talking about is simply just starting in Solar and use Inc/CA at the same time right? just to get into Lunar after CA drops off. I guess this is mainly for the purpose of the meta/trinkets have the highest chance to proc on the pull and you would get out a higher burst number out of that.

And for the record, would you consider getting the 10,2k haste cap in high end gear? 530+ that is.
    Yeah the current list reflects wanting to go for the 10289 haste breakpoint (10296 GCD cap). I've been suggesting that once you're in mostly normal/heroic gear shooting for the haste breakpoint, but it's really personal preference. If you've got 12k+ crit, you'll start seeing a lot of SS procs being wasted.

And the new opener is for the trinkets proccing in the beginning correct. You should start anywhere on the bar heading to Lunar, initially pop your Starfall then Incarnation + CA. Continue on to Lunar eclipse for the rest of your Incarnation.

Deleted
    I have a question about the new opener. When is it the best time to pop Berserk as a Troll. Should i just pop it with Incarnation and CA or should i wait untill CA falls off to get faster to the next Lunareclipse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascalpa View Post
    I have a question about the new opener. When is it the best time to pop Berserk as a Troll. Should i just pop it with Incarnation and CA or should i wait untill CA falls off to get faster to the next Lunareclipse?
    you should pop it at the start of CA, and clip the first set of dots so you get a second set of incarnation+CA+berzerking dots up. These should last through until you enter a fresh lunar eclipse and you'll put up new dots after starfall at the start of the eclipse rather than at the end (if you refresh in the final second of CA).
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    correct me if I'm wrong, but CA lasts 15 sec and Berserking lasts only 10 seconds. So should i go for CA+BS and refresh dots when BS is running out or when CA is running out or should i wait 5 sec till i pop BS after activating CA?
    The first solution would mean you get about 9 seconds (14 second Dot time -5 second rest of CA) of full buffed dots till you must reach lunar and then refresh(right away?)
    The second solution would mean you overwrite Berserking Dots with just CA Dots, but they will last longer.
    The last solution sounds just wrong to me.

Deleted
    The first solution would mean you get about 9 seconds (14 second Dot time -5 second rest of CA) of full buffed dots till you must reach lunar and then refresh(right away?)
    The second solution would mean you overwrite Berserking Dots with just CA Dots, but they will last longer.
    The last solution sounds just wrong to me.
    The first solution is the way to go. You should easily manage to get to lunar in those 9 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babuka View Post
    The first solution is the way to go. You should easily manage to get to lunar in those 9 seconds.
    The 9 seconds weren't actually the point. I know it's easily possible, but the question for me is: Whats better for DPS? Shorter duration of CA Dots but fully buffed with Berserking or longer CA Dots without the haste buff on refresh just before CA falls off.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 9 seconds weren't actually the point. I know it's easily possible, but the question for me is: Whats better for DPS? Shorter duration of CA Dots but fully buffed with Berserking or longer CA Dots without the haste buff on refresh just before CA falls off.
    Let's say you clip your DoTs at 5 seconds remaining on CA. You have a choice at when you refresh: 0 seconds remaining of CA (they're still both applied) or 5 seconds with Berserking. Since you're using a GCD at either point, the total time spent is the same, so all we need to see is which strategy causes more DoT ticks.

With Berserking you'll see at most 2 additional ticks. Let's say it is 2 ticks per DoT, and you refresh at 5 seconds remaining on CA. This means total ticks will be 10/(tick rate)+(normal DoT ticks+2). If we use numbers from WrathCalcs, tick rate = 1.1616 and normal DoT ticks = 12.47. This means total ticks = 23.

If you refresh at the end of CA instead, total ticks will be 15/(tick rate)+(normal DoT ticks). Using the numbers from before: total ticks = 25.

Therefore, you should ignore Berserking ending and refresh your DoTs at the very end of CA.

Deleted
    Thanks for the precise answer Slippykins .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post

Therefore, you should ignore Berserking ending and refresh your DoTs at the very end of CA.
    As baseline, but remember to take into account any trinket procs and possible pots that may end during/after berzerking. Its clutch decisions like this that make or break boomkin DPS.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    As baseline, but remember to take into account any trinket procs and possible pots that may end during/after berzerking. Its clutch decisions like this that make or break boomkin DPS.
    True, I was assuming the DoTs ticked for the same amount of damage. It could change if Cha-Ye's is procc'd at the same moment you use Berserking, in which case you'll just need to watch your buffs.

is there some longer trinket comparison? i wonder how "good" the rep trinket is
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Deleted
    short answer: worst of all the 522 trinkets, better than the T14 trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    is there some longer trinket comparison? i wonder how "good" the rep trinket is
    I can write one up, but trinket choices vary depending on your gear and the other trinkets/procs you have equipped.

The one caveat to this list is that choices either side of each trinket are most likely interchangeable.

Edit: I'm going to evaluate them as groups of two trinkets, and fiddle with reforging for each setup to ensure the hit from Wushoolay's can be removed and what stats it'll end up going into. May take a bit.

thanks in advance slippykins
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.