Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I have one thing to say: Blizzard.

You can say all you want, but they know how to sexualize just about -ANYTHING-.

Aside from that, I think that instead of being an issue, the unbound form actually makes for a pretty cool racial, rather than an obstruction.
    True, I also like the Etherals, I just can't for the mind of me imagine one wearing anything other than their magical wrappings... Also I don't see how you would be able to give them any customization other than color or form of the wrappings. =/

Okay, that was odd. Our posts got mixed up. I'm quoting your post, but my post ended up before yours.

@Moka xD

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    True, I also like the Etherals, I just can't for the mind of me imagine one wearing anything other than their magical wrappings... Also I don't see how you would be able to give them any customization other than color or form of the wrappings. =/

Well, for hair and facial customization, they could make the wrappings sort of give that shape. Like, the wrappings taking the form of long hair for instance.

As for armor. If Blizzard is ever planning to do armor with more geosets (modeled chest instead of flat textures) like they said they wanted to do, then Ethereals would really need that. The armor would have to cover the wrappings. Would look kinda odd having flat textures on the bandages.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    They do have a gender, they were once organic beings until Dimensius invaded their homeworld. They had females then and they sure have females now, we just haven't seen them. Gear over the bandages of course.

As for the unbound form, they can just put it like they can't survive without their essence sealed in the wrappings, or else they start to disintegrate.
    Their bodies were ripped apart, they are just pure energy right now. What difference is there even between their genders now? I doubt they can breed together without bodies... No idea how they replicate now, cloning?

Adding gear on top of their magical wrappings would look silly. =/

Someone absolutely MUST go to Blizzcon dressed as a female ogre. Actually, several of you. How about an entire army? You could demand to be in the next xpac...

Their bodies were ripped apart, they are just pure energy right now. What difference is there even between their genders now? I doubt they can breed together without bodies... No idea how they replicate now, cloning?

How would it? It's how they do it now, after all. They wear armor over their wrappings as it is. It only would look silly if Blizzard didn't overhaul their armor geoset base, which would mean that they are going to stick with flat textures for chests/pants.

Deleted

I don't think it'd stop them to retain their masculine/feminine personalities, even if they did lose their ability to procreate naturally.

If they are to be added, I'm sure Blizzard will make it work.
    Last edited by mmoc72727c7d9f; 2013-04-28 at 01:22 PM.

I guess the brain damage induced by trying to imagine female ogres is the reason Diablo 3 is so bad. I mean once the image of Rosie O'Donnell in a loincloth pops into your head you have to lose some motor skills and perhaps some involuntary brain functions shut down.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2013-04-28 at 01:25 PM.

I don't think it'd stop them to retain their masculine/feminine personalities, even if they did lose their ability to procreate naturally.

If they are to be added, I'm sure Blizzard will make it work.

They can take male shapes right now, why not female shapes? They don't even need to add breasts (though, knowing Blizzard, they probably will), just give them a rounder, softer, and more subtle-- less blocky and thus more feminine shape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    They can take male shapes right now, why not female shapes? They don't even need to add breasts (though, knowing Blizzard, they probably will), just give them a rounder, softer, and more subtle-- less blocky and thus more feminine shape.
    Exactly. Even elementals have genders by the way.

Please, no.

Exactly. Even elementals have genders by the way.

.. CoughTherazane..

I'm not so sure about there being more playable races but personally not saying it wouldn't happen. I could much rather see the existing races have most if not all classes opened up to them. Loving all of the fanmade ogre ladies in this thread, though! If they looked even remotely close to those examples I'd roll one!

"You know, you already offend me when you start your conversation with 'On my 2nd priest...'" -Ray

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    even if they did lose their ability to procreate naturally.
    they could just vaporize the other races into ethreals like the forsaken do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    Female ogres aren't very far from their male counterpart. Blizzard just likes to please the "we liek shinies" crowd (and yet somehow fem Worgen came out terrible).

This isn't my image, but the same concept I have of fem Ogres in my head. They would be wonderful as another neutral race.
    I'd roll one of them xD

But personally I tohught Ogres would be a great addition tot he Horde, maybe the same time Furbolgs for alliance, they also need a female model too, Furbolgs in general need a model overhaul.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Speaking of Forsaken, they can do something similar to the way that Foraken show bones and joints in their rmour. Just have sections where their energy is visible through gashes in the armour/gaps between key areas (ie, knees, elbows, ect)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by viridiancc View Post
    who's to say i'm wrong or right? But i've just shown an obvious pattern and, of my eight responses, six were in total violation of it.

There has never been a race added that was a total asspull like "humanoid tol'vir"

just a case of fanwank thinking random mobs are so cool they need to be the focus of the story as opposed to established groups that have been integral since, oh, day one.
    *worgen* *draenei*

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I just can't picture ogres wearing full armor. Their race seems more into running around in lioncloths. It also doesn't help that they're not very bright. Aren't they on the same intellectual level as Gnolls?

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to realize that Blizzard may have reached the end of playable classes for WoW. That could explain why they're now working on updating the old race models.
    Just because YOUR imagination is stunted, limited, obstructed, don't OFFEND the rest of us who are fully functional!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a fact: the ogres will be a playable race for the Horde eventually. Moreover, the right time for its introduction is the next expansion: the back to Outland, planet of the ogres.

And most interesting is undoubtedly the introduction of the Alliance race that would be the counterpart to the ogres, I refer of course to the high elves.

In the next expansion with the return of Alleria, the High Elves have every chance of being the playable race that the Alliance has been waiting so long ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So they didn't add Ogres as a playable race because they didn't know how females should look?
    And this is why Blizzard rarely answer important questions, because people like you take what they say entirely out of context.

Nowhere in that answer is there a hint of them saying "the reason we didn't make ogres playable was because we can't make a female", what they are saying is that's how far along in the design process they got before they decided to add Goblins instead.

Reading comprehension, a rare skill these days.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Snip
    It is NOT a freaking fact. Not unless Blizzard makes it so.

Also, your statement about the return of Alleria in the next expansion is (until Blizzard officially confirms it) 100% fiction and speculation. So cease posting that stuff as if it was official.

The game would have been so much better if it wasn't for the old school lore enthusiasts. I mean, games and art evolve, while archetypes like ogres or other models in older Warcraft games are looking dull and ugly.