Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    How do you show both damage and healing? That would be very convenient :O

Edit: If that's Skada just ignore me =3 I've never used Skada so I'm not sure how similar it looks to Recount but I just noticed how it's showing numbers like 12.8m or whatever instead the entire number like recount does. I would love to have the functionality of showing both damage and healing at the same time but I've heard it doesn't register things such as absorbs very well so I'm hesitant on using it.
    You can set skada to have multiple windows active, tracking whichever things you want in this case damage and healing, not sure on the absorbs but skada in my opinion is much more accurate that recount has been. You might want some clarification on the absorbs as I dont play a healer/healer with absorbs

Deleted
    My UI

Made the UI first on separate addons but because of some conflicts and zillion config menus I decided to try to make it look same on Elv. Worked pretty great. Still ongoing project and I know there are some inconsistensies (unit frames not leveled with chat, xp bar off etc.)

The artwork is from Tomine UI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallie View Post
    My UI

Made the UI first on separate addons but because of some conflicts and zillion config menus I decided to try to make it look same on Elv. Worked pretty great. Still ongoing project and I know there are some inconsistensies (unit frames not leveled with chat, xp bar off etc.)

What a beauty.. Mind uploading your Interface+WTF Folder? ^__^

Deleted
    Sorry my UI is for private use only It's quite easy to make with Elv and if you grab the Tomine graphics ^^ Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post
    The Skada bars uses the same texture as the Unitframes, it just looks shitty for some reason. I'm not displaying target name for now, I've always felt it just looks bad, no matter where I put it.

For the font, it's just what I used in my previous setup. If you got any suggestions feel free

Thanks for the input!

EDIT:

Changed up a few things, mostly the font and the changed the damage meter look.
    Only need to change a few things now:
    • Setup tooltips, they are currently overlapping the grid
    • Setup focus frame
    • Make all of the dmg meter bars go all the way across

Apart from that it is pretty much done.
    Really pleased with the look atm.
    I am in love with this UI, is there any chance you could please upload it?

My UI

Thats some very nice work.
    Do you have any combat shots? preferably a raid shot if possible.

My UI
    I really like how you've moved the minimap down to the corner with a half-window skada. Very tempted to give that a try!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    You can set skada to have multiple windows active, tracking whichever things you want in this case damage and healing, not sure on the absorbs but skada in my opinion is much more accurate that recount has been. You might want some clarification on the absorbs as I dont play a healer/healer with absorbs
    It is skada, however skada has always been very good at tracking absorbs (tracking them before recount did), but due to the way blizzard logs absorbs, its hard to tell whose spell absorbed the attack, so skada (and recount I believe) guesses based on. You can change what it shows numberwise, but because its a smal box I have it showing smaller quantities of numbers

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The difference resolution makes!

Can't get pixel perfect at 2560x1440 still which is annoying but ah well. Changed some things around, got rid of portraits, lightened up the healthbars and backdrops slightly. Added some panels!

2560x1440, non-pixel perfect.

Higher Quality

Change the resolution to 1920x1200, pixel perfection!

Higher Quality

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Can't get pixel perfect at 2560x1440 still which is annoying but ah well.
    UIParent:SetScale(768 / 1440) should get it pixel perfect.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    UIParent:SetScale(768 / 1440) should get it pixel perfect.
    I actually just found this, which works! I'll have to move things around and re-size but it gets me pixel perfect borders, thanks though!

Code:
    local f = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, UIParent)
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event)
        UIParent:SetScale(0.5333333333333333)  -- change the size and reload your ui (/reloadui) or restart the game
        f:UnregisterAllEvents()
    end)
    This now gives me:

higher quality

apologies for the spam! I now need to re-size some elements and make the font size bigger
    Last edited by Hulari; 2013-04-28 at 06:46 PM.

Well, I'll put this here for anyone else interested in solving Blizzard's UI Scale limitations

Code:
    local scaleChanging
    local function UpdateUIScale()
    	if scaleChanging then return end
    	scaleChanging = true
    	local scale = 768 / string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)")
    	if scale < .64 then
    		UIParent:SetScale(scale)
    	else
    		SetCVar("uiScale", scale)
    	end
    	scaleChanging = false
    end

local scaleChanger = CreateFrame("Frame")
    scaleChanger:RegisterEvent("VARIABLES_LOADED")
    scaleChanger:RegisterEvent("UI_SCALE_CHANGED")
    scaleChanger:SetScript("OnEvent", UpdateUIScale)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    -cut-
    really awesome, but the nonskinned castbar icon on the nameplates is disturbing :P

P.S. what addon is the one displaying the quest objectives on the bottomright? it's much more compact than the oversized standard one (mainly because of all those useless "go complete the quest now" objectives) and graphically appealing :P
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-04-28 at 09:14 PM.

http://i.imgur.com/0oFfA7a.jpg

I want some help. Is there any way for me to background with 1 or 2 panels my raid frames and most importantly my bars on the right? What addon should I use, and how do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    really awesome, but the nonskinned castbar icon on the nameplates is disturbing :P

P.S. what addon is the one displaying the quest objectives on the bottomright? it's much more compact than the oversized standard one (mainly because of all those useless "go complete the quest now" objectives) and graphically appealing :P
    Yeah just after I took that screenshot I said to Khallie that I need to re-skin the nameplate castbar icon or remove it completely.

The quest thing I use is Zygor, but you have to buy it

http://i.imgur.com/0oFfA7a.jpg

I want some help. Is there any way for me to background with 1 or 2 panels my raid frames and most importantly my bars on the right? What addon should I use, and how do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Got sick of trying to build something that worked, so taking bits of other peoples work that I liked I've come up with;

Raid Combat

No idea where to put those boss timer bars tho.
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-04-29 at 12:07 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Got sick of trying to build something that worked

Raid Combat
    picture

No idea where to put those boss timer bars tho.
    That's the fun of building a UI though!

As for the boss timers they seem a bit wide, could make them smaller and keep them where they are, or inbetween the player and target frames

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought you quit playing, care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Thought you quit playing, care.
    He couldn't stay away :P

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .