[Holy] Replacing T14 4-Piece

This is a pretty specific case to which I haven't been able to find any information. Apparently T14 4-piece for us is really great, and a lot of high level players (who have the heroic 2/2 versions) stated they won't be breaking their tier bonus unless they get heroic/thunderforged/tier from ToT.

My T14 4-piece are all LFR pieces. If other players are replacing their heroic 2/2 T14 with heroic ToT gear, should I be replacing my LFR pieces with normal 522 ToT? At what point should I break my T14 4-piece bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathitis View Post
    This is a pretty specific case to which I haven't been able to find any information. Apparently T14 4-piece for us is really great, and a lot of high level players (who have the heroic 2/2 versions) stated they won't be breaking their tier bonus unless they get heroic/thunderforged/tier from ToT.

My T14 4-piece are all LFR pieces. If other players are replacing their heroic 2/2 T14 with heroic ToT gear, should I be replacing my LFR pieces with normal 522 ToT? At what point should I break my T14 4-piece bonus?
    most of my peices are t14 normal, maybe some LFR. i will be replacing them with normal/thunderforged drops once available with the changes they are making to the t14 pieces the stats i think will outweigh the bonus. that is my opinion anyway and i only get to dip my toes in heroic on occasion so i cant speak to that as much.

In 5.3 will be the time I might change out my fill T14 4 piece. For now I only change to 2 piece T15/ 2 piece T14 for Magera because of the Rampage phases

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    most of my peices are t14 normal, maybe some LFR. i will be replacing them with normal/thunderforged drops once available with the changes they are making to the t14 pieces the stats i think will outweigh the bonus. that is my opinion anyway and i only get to dip my toes in heroic on occasion so i cant speak to that as much.
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about 5.3 making the T14 4piece 1 second instead of 2. Pointless thread

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:21 PM ----------

Well MMO says 5.3 isn't for another couple weeks, maybe a month. I've got to put in as much min/maxing as I can in that time for heroic ToT progression. If anyone could further provide information on this matter it would be greatly appreciated

No PTR release candidate build for 5.3, so we're still probably 2-3 weeks away at the minimum. Maybe a month.

Yeah I'm getting a lot of shit from my raiding team at the moment because I'm sticking with my T14 4 piece with one LFR piece in it. I have a 522 to replace the hands and 528 shoulders but I really don't want to lose the 4 second HS before I have to.

We're starting heroic modes this week tho so maybe the stats will outweigh the bonus.

Until 5.3 Drops, stick with the t14 bonus. Your mana pool and your throughput will love you. If I had the set I'd be using it right now.

Ya the t14 is extremely strong, but there is more to heroic progression than just a single person's throughput.
    The math suggests the holy shock CD reduction is non-replaceable, and I couldn't agree more. The set is insanely good and after playing with it for so long it seems impossible to give up.

But then you get to heroics...
    Things start hitting a LOT harder, and you will immediately notice yourself being in harms way a lot more than you were in normals.
    Part of this expansion's gear is the massive jump between stat differences within a single progression line... but its more than just spirit and mastery.
    It may sound dumb, but Stamina has become a very appreciated stat for me recently.
    It wont appear in any sim or datacrunch, as those people only care about throughput, but that type of thing is for DPS to worry about. A healers job is to stay alive so they can keep others alive.
    I found the massive lack of stats from my previous tier pieces to be a huge hindrance once we stepped into 25 man heroic encounters. I personally consider myself some one who handles mechanics near-flawlessly and ALWAYS knows when to bubble, bop or DP to avoid the damage. This way, I can focus on healing others instead of myself.
    But with the amount of damage being done to me in the current slate of encounters, its not always that easy to just say "forget about me, heal that mage."
    It likely was a result of a bad string of attempts, but I realized everyone around me had way more health than I using the old 497 pieces which meant I had to pay way more attention to myself and the mechanics and far less to healing.

The straw that broke the camels back is the fact that the Legendary Meta gem requires ilvl 503 helm to be useable. My previous helm didn't get double upgraded so it falls short.
    I had to make a decision from there on:
    Stay with the insanely comfortable 4 second holy shock, reduced health/int/spirit, and no meta gem
    or
    Get the new 4 set, tons more health and spirit, and the amazing Meta gem.

The gem made the decision possible, especially given 5.3 is still farther away than I would like (meaning weeks of no gem while we wait for upgrading to return.)

I hope this puts things in perspective.
    While throughput may seem like the end-all-be-all importance, progression is about 25 people surviving the fight.
    Worry about ranks when its farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    The straw that broke the camels back is the fact that the Legendary Meta gem requires ilvl 503 helm to be useable. My previous helm didn't get double upgraded so it falls short.
    It doesn't matter if the T14 normal helm is double upgraded. It needs to a natural/unupgraded ilvl of 502, so either t14 heroic gear(or the elite helm from protectors) or ToT gear.

Not to go too far off topic, but does elite take the gem? I thought I saw a tweet from GC saying it wouldn't and that it should read 'Helms from ToT'

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    It may sound dumb, but Stamina has become a very appreciated stat for me recently.
    Just out of curiosity, did you find this to be the case on any particular fights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reikoshea View Post
    Not to go too far off topic, but does elite take the gem? I thought I saw a tweet from GC saying it wouldn't and that it should read 'Helms from ToT'
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95345

requires itemlevel 502. It should work in any helmet that's not from normal or LFR T14.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95345

requires itemlevel 502. It should work in any helmet that's not from normal or LFR T14.
    We just went back to kill Sha HC few weeks ago and I got the T14 helm.

Meta gem should go in just fine when I get it (damn luck, killed every boss every week and still staying at 12 Secrets of teh Empires).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasume View Post
    Yeah I'm getting a lot of shit from my raiding team at the moment because I'm sticking with my T14 4 piece with one LFR piece in it. I have a 522 to replace the hands and 528 shoulders but I really don't want to lose the 4 second HS before I have to.

We're starting heroic modes this week tho so maybe the stats will outweigh the bonus.
    With all due respect you should tell them to stfu. I was in your situation (with the gear not the people whining) and I used LFR shoulder and 3 normal pieces on my guilds first Dark Animus heroic kill. My HP was so low that I was forced to use a stamina flask but it worked out and my healing was better than it would have been with 4 piece T15.

If you have the legendary meta gem you should get a 522 helm, with tier T15 being the best one (asuming you dont have heroic T14 helm) and then use T14 legs, shoulders, chest and gloves. Yes using T14 legs is a pretty big loss of spirit (almost 1k spirit I believe) but once again getting the legendary meta gem will be more than worth it.

Deleted
    The meta is huge, especially when you convert it to spirit. 1K spirit on a 6 minute fight regens enough mana for 2 rejuvs for a druid, which is likely about 1 or 2 divine lights for a paladin. meanwhile, each meta proc will give you 4 seconds of free casting, which you should be able to fit 2 spells into most of the times. if that procs 2X and you use a divine light in each of those, you've already won the mana back you lost from using non-spirit legs.