Will it be worth to roll a Ret Pally for strictly PVP in 5.3?

With the Sword Of Light change, will Ret Pallies actually be good now? Good enough to reroll? Currently playing a warrior and mage.

Deleted
    Rets are still good for 3v3, but other than that, if you plan to RBG I wouldn't try ret (I personally RBG as Flag Carrier)

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    With the Sword Of Light change, will Ret Pallies actually be good now? Good enough to reroll? Currently playing a warrior and mage.
    I personally would, but for the same reason you ended up on those two characters, I would recommend staying. Out of the three, ret will likely always be worse off, so if you don't mind the differences in the classes and have no preference other than excelling, stick to your warrior or mage. IMO.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I personally would, but for the same reason you ended up on those two characters, I would recommend staying. Out of the three, ret will likely always be worse off, so if you don't mind the differences in the classes and have no preference other than excelling, stick to your warrior or mage. IMO.
    Yeah this. Mages are going to be relatively untouched while other strong classes are getting hit hard. Ret is getting some pretty nice buffs, though. We will have to see closer to launch how Rets are doing on the PTR. Honestly, I still don't think damage was our issue, just how the damage came (too much burst, crap sustained). We need survivability, but that can come with certain comps. For instance, I saw Vanguards was playing with Hunter/MW and it made me realize that MW is a pretty good healer partner for Ret. RoP and Life Cocoon seriously help with Ret survivability issues, and BoP helps keep people off of the MW.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more Ret/WW/Disc teams or Ret/Enhance/MW teams or Ret/Mage/MW teams or something. We'll see.