Deleted

is hunters gear dephendent?

ive always being abel to pull off decent dps on my hunter but since mop i find it quite hard. at item 490 i can as most pull up to 70k burst to around 80k if am lucky :/

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Railyn/simple

i realy love my hunter but the low dps suck away all the fun playing it :/

Your gemming, reforging, and enchants all suck. That's why

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think that in the earlier ilvls, they aren't gear dependent (460-490). They can pull pretty high numbers with crap gear. Once you get above 500, other classes scale better. I think that's why Blizzard is buffing Aspect of the Hawk in 5.3.

From looking at your armory, you have a couple things wrong.
    • On your cape, the +180 hit enchant isn't necessarily bad, but I'd rather have the crit instead since you're SV.
    • On your chest, get rid of the yellow gems and stick two red Agi gems in there. Ignore the socket bonus, it doesn't give Agi, ignore it and gem red.
    • Your bracers are lacking an enchant.
    • I think it's odd that you're gemming Agi and Stam in your gloves. Use Agi and Hit.
    • On your belt, replace the purple gem with the red Agi gem.
    • For your glyphs, you need to replace Glyph of Pathfinding with something else. I would reccommend glyph of Deterrence. It's bad for PvE.
    • I would personally use Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera instead of Posthaste. Posthaste is only good for certain boss encounters.

Edit: For reforging I would use the addon ReforgeLite or wowreforge.com. I do not rec commend Ask Mr. Robot. That website will have you change optimal enchants and gems to others that are not as good.
    Last edited by Xionyus; 2013-04-28 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    Very constructive post.

His/Her Gems look fine except perhaps abit many Agility/Hit gems. Reforges is correct aswell. S/He does however miss an enchant on bracers. Other than that. Nothing wrong. (Could switch the back enchant to Critical strike one, and reforge some hit if possible)

Deleted
    The hunterclass is not at all gear dependent, you notice that with every patch where we get some buffs to AotH or somewhere else because our gearscaling is a bit behind on other classes.
    And as the poster above me said, your reforge/gemming is ok but can be tweaked a bit.

Now back to your dps, you only gave us your "burst" we still have no idea what your actual dps is - burst is just the start of the fight so on a 5min fight your sustained dps will count for a lot more than just that burst part
    From the numbers you gave us your burst seems a bit on the low side but there are a lot of posts on this forum to improve that bursty part, it's mainly about how and when to use your major CD's and to have the right trinkets.

No matter if you fix all your gems/enchants, if your burst is only around 80k, you're doing something horribly wrong, at that gear level you should easily be able to burst up to around 150k with bloodlust, and end at 90-95k DPS, depending on the fight.

Don't have time at the moment, but you need to look up how to perform the standard rotation, or priority system, because your DPS is WAY on the low side.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    What? Most of it is fine, just some weird gem choices and some missing stuff, not enough to make 5-10k DPS worth of difference. My guess would be the problem is opener/rotation.

Opener is what is the most important part of being a Hunter these days, if you mess up your opener, you lose up on so much damage.

If you only do 70-80k burst, you are doing something very wrong.

Go to worldoflogs.com and register there, then upload a log of you attacking the dummy for around 13-14 minutes and do it with a hyena(provides attack speed buff) so it is as close to real raid situation in terms of game play(Cobra shots are shorter cast time).

agree with the opener!

Deleted
    hi sry for being late to answer for the help so to start with aint it suposed to be 80agil+hit in blue sockets? also i should have been more clear with what i meant as dps. 80k burst and about 70k sustained on (dummie). i do know my chance of failure is problely with the opener and the timing with cds/proccs. i also forgot to mention i only play sv if that matters=) problem with proccs for me is that for exempel my dmc almost never proccs at start and so i try out to wait a bit but i lose so much uptime doing that on my cds like crow/summon 5pet(cant remember name on spell).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    hi sry for being late to answer for the help:) so to start with aint it suposed to be 80agil+hit in blue sockets? also i should have been more clear with what i meant as dps. 80k burst and about 70k sustained on (dummie). i do know my chance of failure is problely with the opener and the timing with cds/proccs. i also forgot to mention i only play sv if that matters=) problem with proccs for me is that for exempel my dmc almost never proccs at start and so i try out to wait a bit but i lose so much uptime doing that on my cds like crow/summon 5pet(cant remember name on spell).
    Yeah, I use agi and hit in blue sockets. The HP you get from the agi and stam gem is negligible. I feel like your burst is low if you can sustain 70k. When I was in raid last night, I was pulling around 140k burst a and then around 100k sustain. I wouldn't worry about watching and waiting for your trinket to proc. I go with the logic, 'Maybe if I pop all of my cooldowns and attack it more, it'll proc.' I play SV as well. Are you making sure Serpent Sting is always on the target and you use Black Arrow on cooldown? You always want to use Stampede with Rapid Fire because the pets get more attacks in. My rotation is something like this:

Misdirect Main Tank > Agi Potion (prepot) > Black Arrow > Serpent Sting > Explosive Shot > Glaive Toss > Stampede > Crows > Fervor > Rapid Fire > Readiness

Then I probably have to put Serpent Sting back up again because I lag a bit in the beginning of fights. The focus you get back from fervor will let you spam your Explosive Shot and Arcane Shots. Once Rapid Fire expires, use it again. After Crows falls off the boss, I Crows and Fervor again. Then use Fervor whenever it is off cooldown AND you have less than 40% focus. I always try to use Crows and Fervor at the same time when they are off CD.

If Black Arrow and Explosive Shot are both coming off of CD at the same time and you only have enough focus for one, do Black Arrow. Use Glaive Toss on CD. Try to keep Serpent Sting up with Cobra Shot so you don't have to keep reapplying it.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. I'd like to think I know my hunter decently well. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Xionyus View Post
    Misdirect Main Tank > Agi Potion (prepot) > Black Arrow > Serpent Sting > Explosive Shot > Glaive Toss > Stampede > Crows > Fervor > Rapid Fire > Readiness
    A minor mistake. You want to use ES Before BA, because LnL can proc on the first tick and thus cause you to get LnL proc while ES is off CD. As a general tip, always start with ES, you get 3 ticks that can proc trinkets etc. for higher SrS/BA Damage.

This is how I always start
    Pre-pot(0.5-1 sec left on timer)
    >ES
    >SrS
    >BA
    >GT
    >Fervor+aMoC
    >RF+Stamp
    >ES (*)
    >Readiness+ES
    >GT
    etc..

Each line represents a GCD

(*): If LnL has procced by this point, I use LnL charges and then Readiness+ES for 4 total ES in a row, which can create nice burst if you have all trinket procs up