Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    There are craftable weapons. They are 502 ilvl, take 30 days to make, and nobody wants to pay for them.
    And that's the problem with these craftable weapons. It takes 30 days to craft one and because it takes so long people want an insane amount of gold for it. Even for the lower tier people want 100k (which they get). It isn't just an upgrade for a lot of people but also people want these weapons for transmogrification.

Also there are ilvl 476 staff (BOA) and 476 offhand (for caster) and 476 ranged (I think a gun from engineering) that can be crafted for little money and way faster. Only way to get an upgrade over your 463 weapons you got from Klaxxi or heroic dungeons is to have enough luck in heroic dungeon or raid or do enough PVP to buy the PVP weapons.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No....

Are you serious? I mean, why don't you just buy it from a web site? Because it's the same.

Seriously, put some effort/time into things, stop expecting them to be tehre for you to get them. This game is easy enough, you don't even need a raiding guild to clear ToT normal, what else do you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    And that's the problem with these craftable weapons. It takes 30 days to craft one and because it takes so long people want an insane amount of gold for it. Even for the lower tier people want 100k (which they get). It isn't just an upgrade for a lot of people but also people want these weapons for transmogrification.

Also there are ilvl 476 staff (BOA) and 476 offhand (for caster) and 476 ranged (I think a gun from engineering) that can be crafted for little money and way faster. Only way to get an upgrade over your 463 weapons you got from Klaxxi or heroic dungeons is to have enough luck in heroic dungeon or raid or do enough PVP to buy the PVP weapons.
    Convert Justice Points to Honor.... 476 Weapon
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    maybe a ilvl502 weapon for 3500 valor (since conquest weapons also cost that amount) for the unlucky individuals.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post

Either craftable or valor weapons could be a lower ilvl, like 516 for the current tier. That would be a compromise I could deal with.

Thoughts?

Give somebody an inch and they will take a mile.

You already got easy to obtain 502 weapons from BS and ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    maybe a ilvl502 weapon for 3500 valor (since conquest weapons also cost that amount) for the unlucky individuals.
    Should I make the thread now or later complaining about how much 502 ilvl weapons cost ? These arguments always originate from an individual having bad RNG. It sucks, but we gotta get over it. No matter what blizzard does there is always going to be that one person who suffers bad RNG and demands changes. IE: this thread.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-04-29 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post

i dont see a problem with this, put a 7250 valor earned req on it, its still lower ilvl than normal raids so i dont see the problem?
    RNG really sucks sometimes, i dont think BiS or even same ilvl as current raid should be able to be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    No. No no no. Blizzard has made it clear that they do not want us to be able to be guaranteed to get boss loot. They prefer it to be random. Your suggestion would remove a large amount of players from the raid game specifically because they would no longer have to raid to get the boss drops they want. Can you understand how bad that would be?
    Yeah. They'd only have to raid if they actually enjoyed it, and not farm it for shinies. Then, if Blizzard can't keep it's artificially stupid gating of everything going, how will they get you to keep paying that monthly fee!

Seriously, people who actually like RNG, and don't see it for what it is (A way to exploit you to make content last longer than it should, to keep you paying that monthly fee longer), seriously, just boggle my mind. It's one of those things you put up with in an MMO, not something you approve of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and the idea about buying any piece of gear for valor off bosses is further more absolutely fucking brilliant. RNG loot from bosses is a tired stale model from 8 years ago and it needs to go away like farming resistance gear. I don't understand why some people in this community insist on making life difficult for everyone else. Inconvenience for the sole purpose of inconvenience isn't good gameplay and doesn't make for immersion. It's 2013 guys, come the fuck on.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post

Seriously, people who actually like RNG, and don't see it for what it is (A way to exploit you to make content last longer than it should, to keep you paying that monthly fee longer), seriously, just boggle my mind. It's one of those things you put up with in an MMO, not something you approve of.
    Yeah that's the real issue here. RNG. The only solution to this is to remove it and basically just hand us gear on a silver platter. This will never happen. Anything else is just like you said, an exploit to make content last longer. RNG on drops. Saving x amount of VP to buy an item. All done to make content last longer. And everyone's going to have an opinion or complaint on how it doesn't work, needs to be fixed etc.

Everyone hate's being on the bad side of RNG, but if you got everything handed to you it loses it's luster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Give somebody an inch and they will take a mile.

You're not listening. Some people have crap luck and go weeks and weeks without seeing a drop from LFR. I've never seen Lei Shi's gun in LFR or normal. Now, for me, I have an upgraded Fang Kung which gives me a 497 weapon so I'm not terribly handicapped. But I know people who've been stuck with 483 weapons even up to now. And the BS weapons are silly expensive. Yes, if you're one of those people who always have 200k gold hanging around they're fine, but most players simple don't have 50-100k sitting around to blow on a piece of gear.

That's why I think the solution is to have a weapon that's the equal of a normal mode weapon from the previous teri for VP. Now, this would mean that you could buy a 496 weapon. Bump up the VP cap to 4000, make the weapon 3500 or so. That preserves raiding and even LFR as viable, meaningful sources of weapons but guards against people having crap luck on rolls and being stuck with 483 weaps in T15.

id be ok with them just adding a sharpening stone that only works on LFR, previous tier equipment that makes the DPS of a weapon the same as the 522 equiv.

Would I still be excited when my new weapon with new stats drops? Damn right I would.
    Would I be a hindrance to my guild as the my dps is getting wrose and worse even though I keep getting gear...all cause I have low dps weapon and all my attacks are based off weapon DPS? No I wouldn't!

Up until last night I had the LFR claw and the LFR Council Axe because that's all I could get to drop...now I have 2 LFR Council Axes...still no "random" fist weapon...still no regular axe or such

And to get the Claw while current (and the first 2 weeks of tot) I killed the Empress every week LFR & Normal...and used all three coins on her each week.
    I currently have 27 kills on her...and only saw 1 claw...RNG my ass.
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2013-04-29 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yes and the idea about buying any piece of gear for valor off bosses is further more absolutely fucking brilliant. RNG loot from bosses is a tired stale model from 8 years ago and it needs to go away like farming resistance gear. I don't understand why some people in this community insist on making life difficult for everyone else. Inconvenience for the sole purpose of inconvenience isn't good gameplay and doesn't make for immersion. It's 2013 guys, come the fuck on.
    RNG is fine t0 a degree. It adds a bit of the suspense you get opening a present - "What's in here? Is it something I'll like???".

The issue with WoW RNG is that you can go months without seeing a key slot upgrade. For slots where there's VP options, you just think "Ok, well, I'll blow VP on that slot." Crafted gear should fit this use too, but they've screwed up the crafting economy and the gear is so pricey that you have to actively work at making gold in game to really buy much. To me, having a credible VP upgrade for every slot is fine, just so that raiding still provides some benefit - I don't think it would be good design to be able to match raid gear in all slots entirely from VP. Some slots, sure. Not all.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-04-29 at 08:47 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need the upgrades to get INTO ToT, and if you can link me a BS crafted dagger above ilvl 463, I'd be surprised. I haven't been able to find one. Blizz saw fit to have blacksmiths make maces, swords and axes but no daggers.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    As pointed out in the thread, 502 daggers are available from blacksmiths. I'll sell you one for 50k.
    Link one... I bet you can't.

Yeah that's the real issue here. RNG. The only solution to this is to remove it and basically just hand us gear on a silver platter. This will never happen. Anything else is just like you said, an exploit to make content last longer. RNG on drops. Saving x amount of VP to buy an item. All done to make content last longer. And everyone's going to have an opinion or complaint on how it doesn't work, needs to be fixed etc.

Everyone hate's being on the bad side of RNG, but if you got everything handed to you it loses it's luster.
    I don't think anyone wants to be able to buy BiS gear for VP... then there would be no point to raiding :P

I see nothing wrong w/ being able to buy previous tier-level weapons (non sha-touched) 496 ilvl w/ VP - they could've had it tied to your Isle of Thunder faction since you can buy other 496 ilvl items from them already. Exalted rep & a high VP cost - like 3300 or something.
    This still allows for upgrades from either crafting, LFR or reg/heroic raiding.

But honestly, even if I could buy a 522 ilvl weapon, I would still raid, hoping for either a thunderforged or heroic drop. You can already buy 522 ilvl items & people still raid b/c they aren't tier pieces or they aren't quite as good as other items.
    That's what I think VP purchases are for - stepping stones to get to better raid drops if you've had bad luck in that slot.

Some classes much more than others are incredibly reliant on their weapons for DPS. I think it's unfair that one of the only things that has never been available for valor are weapons.

It took me over a month to get an upgrade from my 463 on my alt, and that is from every LFR raid, every week. Does that really make sense?

I advertise the 502 items for 50k. If an individual wanted me to stop at the 476 version I would consider less. Just stating that there is no need for valor weapons as the niche is filled and providing the valor option would only screw over crafters more.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Yeah. They'd only have to raid if they actually enjoyed it, and not farm it for shinies. Then, if Blizzard can't keep it's artificially stupid gating of everything going, how will they get you to keep paying that monthly fee!

nope. and nope.

absolutely agree with rng. every (place class here) should not be an identical copy of someone else playing the same class. rng with gearing provides one difference.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by undeadrogue View Post
    That's what I think VP purchases are for - stepping stones to get to better raid drops if you've had bad luck in that slot.
    exactly plusenoughletterstoreachten
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I actually do agree that they should. The two most important items in this game are trinkets and weapons. One is purchasable with valor and one is not, there needs to be consistency.

Well Blacksmithing allows you to create 522 ilvl weapons now. Maces 1h/2h, swords 1h/2h, axes 1h/2h.. You need to make one of the blue ones in order to discover the epic ones goes from ilvl 463- 476 - 496 (i think, since I'm stuck on 476 atm) and then 522 (already seen a few on the AH going for some 35+k). The stats aren't even that bad, but the mats you need to make them will take maybe a month because of the lightning steel ingots you can make once a day, so it's a slow process to even make -one- of those, and you can't really sell the one you just made, because if you wanna upgrade it, you need the previous one you just made obviously >.<

No, and no to "get the boss loot off valor"
    Because otherwise it just ruins all the raiding after X weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I advertise the 502 items for 50k. If an individual wanted me to stop at the 476 version I would consider less. Just stating that there is no need for valor weapons as the niche is filled and providing the valor option would only screw over crafters more.
    If someone HAS 50k and can spare it on a single weapon, yay. If not, fuck them? And dual wield dps... 100k or fuck off? I get that given the mats your prices are probably reasonable, but this is what I meant above by Blizzard screwing up crafted gear. It's so expensive that only fairly rich players have it as an option. VP weapons should be available at, say, 496 BUT the crafted should be slightly higher ilevel (508, etc) so that there's a reason to get them. WHat, the price would be too high for the ilevel difference? Oh well....