Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing

They are OP
    Last edited by Stew; 2014-09-18 at 04:10 AM.

A: For healing, Recount doesn't matter. Keeping people alive does. Shielding the entire raid for 10000000 damage will get you high on Recount, but if the tank dies that doesn't really help at all.
    B: Paladins are also getting nerfed next patch.

Coming from a holy pally... healing done - overhealing = pallies lose

Beacon usually ends in tons of overhealing leading to inflated numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Coming from a holy pally... healing done - overhealing = pallies lose

Beacon usually ends in tons of overhealing leading to inflated numbers.
    Healing Done in recount is already Total Healing - Overhealing. Why would you subtract overhealing again?

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    Healing Done in recount is already Total Healing - Overhealing. Why would you subtract overhealing again?
    Because then monks do negative healing!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healing meters aren't a race, being above a holy pally on recount doesn't mean that you're a better healer. Keeping people alive is what matters.

If you really want to meter whore, you cast SS on cooldown and PW:S as much as mana allows.

If you actually care about beating encounters efficiently, you only do that when actually needed and just spam smite when it isn't.

Deleted
    It depends on the fight really, but i would say disc has the potential to beat paladins on almost every fight without padding meters, its all about using the most efficient spells at the right times, and to have the best last tier talent for each fight. It might be hard on mageara, cause paladins are insanly strong there.

I haven't had any reason to have recount open during raids since there'll be always someone with WoL account. But if you got the meter open during an encounter it will decrease your performance if you are staring at it instead of your grid.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Because then monks do negative healing!
    Hah!

But really, does overhealing even matter if the boss dies? Not really, in fact, not at all. Don't stress recount, keep people alive, loot the boss. Easy as
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

As far as I know disc priests are destroying everything, meter related, with monks on 2nd and paladins on 3rd place.
    It's obvious that it's different per fight, but it's the overall consensus.

Now, meters are not everything but if you describe it in your post, you are obviously doing something wrong if a paladin can take you over.
    Also, holy paladins will be nerfed with 5,3 - downscaling their mastery, nerfing the old tier set bonus and changing current spells that would require a new "rotation".

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin here 5 years strong. Im gonna confirm Rucati's statement and tell you that we over heal the shit out of things.

It took me a long time to understand that recount isn't a measure of skill. SURE it helps to know, but if your raid is alive, and nobody is bitching at you, then just keep doing your thing. BEATING someone at recount wont keep your raid alive. If you're using half your concentration on beating 1 person on recount, then you're only half paying attention to everything else you're doing.

Deleted
    on our raids our holy pala gets owned by our disc priest
    disc is like 520 and hpalla around 510 maybe

this thread is an abomination, sage sage xD

Maybe try wording your very first post on the site a bit more constructively next time. Something along the lines of....I think I can do better healing with my current gear level than I am seeing. Can the community help me analyze some logs on various boss encounters? Is my gearing/reforging/gemming looking ok? Post some links to logs and armory and maybe you'll get some actual advice.

People hate meter whores, it doesn't matter if the boss dies. Stop making it sound like the end of the world if your paladin is ahead of you. The only person you should be out to beat on the meters is you. Trying to improve on your own logs is much much better.

Deleted
    Roll a paladin yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    So, this is it. I am 523 as disc, and paladins 517 beats me with the damn mastery.
    I tried PWS, SS, PoH spam to proc divine aegis... and nothing.
    There is a special trick to beat these guys in recount?
    Note that we are getting nerfed in 5.3 to make the scene even worse. They will be more OP than now, comparing to us priests?
    if you are there to win the meter then you really are doing a disservice to your raid. Personally, I find meter maids (those that live for the meter results) disgusting. A healer is meant to keep the raid alive... not participate in some irrelevant contest to be the best.

the 'best' healer is the one that keeps his raid alive, if you are tops on the meter and cant do that then you suck. if you are 6th on the meter and I know I can depend on you to keep me alive then you are the best.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healing meters are only particularly meaningful as a diagnostic tool to figure out where things went wrong in the event of a wipe or near wipe.

i.e. if you have reasonably similarly geared healers and one guy is doing a significantly smaller percentage of healing than the others, you might want to look into what is wrong.

But if the boss dies, people are alive that weren't derping in fire, everyone is not OOM, etc, then meter whoring is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    As far as I know disc priests are destroying everything, meter related, with monks on 2nd and paladins on 3rd place.
    It's obvious that it's different per fight, but it's the overall consensus.

Now, meters are not everything but if you describe it in your post, you are obviously doing something wrong if a paladin can take you over.
    Also, holy paladins will be nerfed with 5,3 - downscaling their mastery, nerfing the old tier set bonus and changing current spells that would require a new "rotation".
    I like you man <3

just wait until 5.3 and holy pally nerf :P

OT: just try and utilize SS when there is an expected aoe and attonement spam only tank damage (smart heal ftw???)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!