Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Is the JC shuffle still viable for money making?

I'm wondering if the JC shuffle is still a pretty viable way of money making. I have a maxxed JC and Enhcanter and figured I'd try it again to see how good it is. I don't have a lot of gold for it, so I figured I could test it with like 5k or something. Still worth it or should I look into something else?

My JC doesn't have all the cuts btw.

Deleted
    It depends on server. Try 100 stacks. It probably works just depends how much effort you put in. Not having the cuts limits your profit making potential.

Server dependent answer on my server no, as enchanting mats are cheap and plentiful.

I don't use it. I barely break even when I try it. Inscrip shuffle is aight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I'm wondering if the JC shuffle is still a pretty viable way of money making. I have a maxxed JC and Enhcanter and figured I'd try it again to see how good it is. I don't have a lot of gold for it, so I figured I could test it with like 5k or something. Still worth it or should I look into something else?

My JC doesn't have all the cuts btw.
    It is pretty profitable but you actually have to it on a large scale.

I've found a common factor among those that actually do the JC shuffle, and most or at least a sizeable majority have 2 or more accounts logged in simultaneously.

However, you do need to mass produce if you want to start seeing a difference. I tried my hand at it during Cataclysm, however, my biggest sellers were the cut red gems and their sales made up for my initial investment and some more. Everything else was pure profit. However, actually transmuting the diamonds was a loss or a waste since you needed 3 of each and they sold for quite a bit for the JC daily especially Nightstone.

However, I've noticed that the price for the green gems are really low. So I can't really tell as I've not bothered with JC this expansion. However, JC depends on too much RNG. You can never tell what color gems you may get.

But its definitely profitable only if you actually do it on a massive scale. I am talking about 5000 ores +. Its hard to actually give a value in Gold since each realms price for Ghost Iron Ore differs. The high rollers often do it with 10,000 ores +. But they usually do it twice a week.

I make ridiculous profits from it.

Completely server dependent, and from my experience also has the most competition for sales.

I still make the majority of my profits from transmutes. Uncut gems sell for almost the same as cut versions, and sell much, much faster with less undercutting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    It is pretty profitable but you actually have to it on a large scale.
    I've not bothered with JC this expansion. However, JC depends on too much RNG. You can never tell what color gems you may get.

But its definitely profitable only if you actually do it on a massive scale. I am talking about 5000 ores +. Its hard to actually give a value in Gold since each realms price for Ghost Iron Ore differs. The high rollers often do it with 10,000 ores +. But they usually do it twice a week.

Back to the point it is server dependent, because everyone is unique in its supply and demand profile.

If you havent bothered with Jc this expansion then how do you know?

JC does not depend on RNG if you shuffle a decent amount of ores, as litle as 200 stacks will see it even out, maybe less.

Its the same old same old but low sell high. Study your ah so you know your prices, whats low and whats high.

It can be profitable if you shuffle less than 5000 ores, so that advice is incorrect. It depends what you bought it at. You could have even farmed the ore yourself. It also depends on whether you managed to sell the stuff. The more you sell at a profit then the more overall profit you will make which is hardly rocket science.

On my realm it's dumb to do.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Back to the point it is server dependent, because everyone is unique in its supply and demand profile.

If you havent bothered with Jc this expansion then how do you know?

JC does not depend on RNG if you shuffle a decent amount of ores, as litle as 200 stacks will see it even out, maybe less.

Its the same old same old but low sell high. Study your ah so you know your prices, whats low and whats high.

It can be profitable if you shuffle less than 5000 ores, so that advice is incorrect. It depends what you bought it at. You could have even farmed the ore yourself. It also depends on whether you managed to sell the stuff. The more you sell at a profit then the more overall profit you will make which is hardly rocket science.
    If you pick and choose my sentences you ain't going to understand what I am trying to say in my post.

I didn't say it wasn't profitable, hell making flasks with mats that cost 60G and selling it for 61G is profitable. You just made 1G profit. If you read back I said, to see a significant difference in profits, you will have to do it on a large scale.

You said 200 stacks. That is very close to what I said with 5000 ores. Even if he farms the ore himself, you have to take into consideration potential sales on that ore if you were to have sold it.

And regarding your question regarding that I've not bothered with JC this expansion and how would I know? Well I've done the shuffle extensively for over two expansions. Its always guaranteed a profit. It may not with 1-2 stacks but it always does. Early on in the expansion with the abundance of cloth and the cheap prices, Tailoring provided a better route for shuffling than JC. Now that the prices have stabilised JC is a bit easier.

Often times people that say they ain't making a profit from the shuffle are those that are not including the sales of cut gems. They simply look at the sale of enchanting mats.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

here you are, put your server's data and see if it's profitable (credits to someone else back in Cata, i only upgraded it for MoP)

Imo the time spend actually shuffling the ore into sellable materials is time that could be spend making better gold in other sources.

Unless you are farming the ore yourself, or buying it ridiculously cheap, it's not as great a cash cow as it used to be, considering the ease at which you can make gold in other areas of the game.

Remember, time is money, friend.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Gotta say, having a JC with all cuts, it's definatly viable on my server, some cut gems sell for 200-250 g, uncut for 50-100

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Gotta say, having a JC with all cuts, it's definatly viable on my server, some cut gems sell for 200-250 g, uncut for 50-100
    Must be nice, on my server the uncuts sell for 100-300g.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked into this yesterday, cause I needed enchanting mats to prepare for 5.3, but on my server at least it's not worth it. You get much more profit turning the gems into cut gems or transmuting them into higher quality gems or Metas.

Somewhat related, but anyone noticed a delay when looting the gems, roughly 1 sec per item in the loot window.

For the most part, yes.

Long answer:
    https://theunderminejournal.com/category.php?realm=<A for alliance or H for Horde>-<realm>&category=jewelcrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Somewhat related, but anyone noticed a delay when looting the gems, roughly 1 sec per item in the loot window.
    I've seen a few people saying the same thing since 5.2

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    then you might like the absurd delay when looting multiple mobs at the same time, i can't perform ANY action for 10-15 seconds sometimes, takes more time to loot than kill

It's stupidly easy gold on my server. 50-65g stacks of ore. Cut greens for 150-200g, yellows for 100g, reds for 50-100g, blues for 50, oranges for 150-250g, purples for 100-150g. Even ignoring all the uncommons and serpents eyes it's good profit. Easily make 5k+ a day on my med pop server. I also have all the cuts which helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    then you might like the absurd delay when looting multiple mobs at the same time, i can't perform ANY action for 10-15 seconds sometimes, takes more time to loot than kill
    after looking through official wow board, people mention that apparently it was implemented to battle mount dupers.