Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That is Stratholme zone.... fly near to it and you will realice that this zone is in fact , that dungeon

And yes, if you have done that dungeon (in fact, there are two in that zone) it is even bigger than Stormwind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I'm talking about an empty zone which is called as a placeholder "Quel'Thalas".
    As i just TWICE said i'm not talking about quel thalas lore wise.

I'm talking about THIS : http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag...nWorldMap.jpeg

And when you access it (exploit bug) in the game, the location (above your minimap) is called "Quel'Thalas".
    There have been many areas in the game since it was released where the developers leave extra space for testing purposes. I.E. they dump content in it to test visuals, effects, scaling - and then they simply remove all of the widgets before sending out the world data, as creating an impassable wall is easier than redoing that entire section of land.

However, the fact that the area is still in the game, in a way in which you cannot access it unless you find holes in mountain architecture or other fun explorative things, does not mean it will ever serve a point. Nor does it mean that it was ever there to serve a point. As an example, there is a place you can jump through the exit of Deadmines in Westfall that takes you to a testing area for tBC architecture and flying mount testing. That does not mean there will one day be a reason for players to visit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    That is Stratholme zone.... fly near to it and you will realice that this zone is in fact , that dungeon

And yes, if you have done that dungeon (in fact, there are two in that zone) it is even bigger than Stormwind
    The only thing i saw here in game are mountains.

Which is supposedly Northeron.
    Yes.
    But the game still calls it "Quel'Thalas" when you access it.
    No, as per according blue post:

A: Prior to the Cataclysm, the northernmost part of the Twilight Highlands was called Northeron. The rapid melting of its famed icy cliffs due to the catastrophic climate shift from the Cataclysm, the incursion of Twilight's Hammer forces, and the appearance of the creature known as Iso'rath all served to put an end to Northeron and many of the independent dwarves who lived there. Some of the wreckage is still visible along the northern coast. Fortunately, the nearby spiritual center of Kirthaven remains intact.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Praise MMO Champion for it's users.... Someone dealt with the zone in depth 3 years ago:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rth-Lordaeron/
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    So, Stratholme is on the eastern part of this zone, the rest of it could be exploited.

So stratholme would be about twelves to forty times wider than the Lordaeron city while it's stated everywhere that the city of Lordaeron was the greatest of it's kingdom ?
    The City of Lordaeron used to be much bigger than what is left of it today by Undercity, but even so, the Kingdom of Lordaeron used to span across most of Northern Eastern Kingdoms, Stratholme used to be a smaller town of the kingdom. If you try to personally fly over that zone, all you can see are the flaming ruins of Stratholme from the river splitting the Plaguelands all the way to the portal that takes you into the blood elf area.

Size shouldnt be taken literally as well, blizzard is infamous for making this game not to scale. Did it ever occur to you that your toons on a gryphon could go from the highest (northern) most peak of Northrend to the furthest southern point in Pandaria in about 30 minutes? Or that Blackrock Mountain holds massive sized dungeons and multiple raids inside it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Stratholme is on the eastern part of this zone, the rest of it could be exploited.
    Keep in mind, this is a fictional map, created by a user. This is not an official map from Blizzard devs.

[QUOTE=Wildtree;20979785]Praise MMO Champion for it's users.... Someone dealt with the zone in depth 3 years ago:

If that isnt a /thread then idk what is. Also this the 1st time I've seen the picture Dezarus posted. I wouldn't hold my breath for this zone to be part of a future expansion though, there were tons of zones pre-cata that we thought were going to be accessible, instead Deathwing's arrival caused those zones to disappear from the map and world.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dawnstrider Harbor ... looks like Blood Elf territory.

edit: nvm it's user created.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-04-30 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a placeholder name that Blizzard added with the intent of adding the Blood Elf/High Elf lands after the game launched I imagine, but instead of building the zone on the Eastern Kingdoms server it was added to the Outland server instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    The City of Lordaeron used to be much bigger than what is left of it today by Undercity, but even so, the Kingdom of Lordaeron used to span across most of Northern Eastern Kingdoms, Stratholme used to be a smaller town of the kingdom. If you try to personally fly over that zone, all you can see are the flaming ruins of Stratholme from the river splitting the Plaguelands all the way to the portal that takes you into the blood elf area.

Size shouldnt be taken literally as well, blizzard is infamous for making this game not to scale. Did it ever occur to you that your toons on a gryphon could go from the highest (northern) most peak of Northrend to the furthest southern point in Pandaria in about 30 minutes? Or that Blackrock Mountain holds massive sized dungeons and multiple raids inside it.
    "The City of Lordaeron used to be much bigger than what is left of it today by Undercity".
    Nope, the kingdom of Lordaeron yes, the city of Lordaeron, no, and that's why the only remaining ruins of the city are Undercity, simply cause Undercity was Lordaeron city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    If that isnt a /thread then idk what is. Also this the 1st time I've seen the picture Dezarus posted. I wouldn't hold my breath for this zone to be part of a future expansion though, there were tons of zones pre-cata that we thought were going to be accessible, instead Deathwing's arrival caused those zones to disappear from the map and world.
    true that, that thread is awesome. Amazing how much love in the detail the user put into it.
    And agreed.... Deathwings arrival destroyed a lot, we once thought would be something for the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Keep in mind, this is a fictional map, created by a user. This is not an official map from Blizzard devs.
    So we have effectively no idea about what there is here and nothing says what this zone is or was.
    It's effectively empty and Blizzard could do whatever they want here.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The City of Lordaeron used to be much bigger than what is left of it today by Undercity".
    Nope, the kingdom of Lordaeron yes, the city of Lordaeron, no, and that's why the only remaining ruins of the city are Undercity, simply cause Undercity was Lordaeron city.
    With Cataclysm the city of Lordaeron actually "grew" in game. Before Cata there was no flying in the zone, and we only seen fractions of the ruins, as much as we could see from ground and outside. They've literally put all those ruins there to give the feel of city remains when you fly over it.
    If I'm not mistaken, it once was the main kingdom and it's therefore save to say that the city was originally bigger than what's left today. Undercity is basically just parts of the sewers system and inhabited by the Forsaken.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 07:53 AM ----------

So we have effectively no idea about what there is here and nothing says what this zone is or was.
    It's effectively empty and Blizzard could do whatever they want here.
    We have no idea, that is correct.. However, we have an official statement that suggests, the zone is destroyed by the cataclysm. Someone posted it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    With Cataclysm the city of Lordaeron actually "grew" in game. Before Cata there was no flying in the zone, and we only seen fractions of the ruins, as much as we could see from ground and outside. They've literally put all those ruins there to give the feel of city remains when you fly over it.
    If I'm not mistaken, it once was the main kingdom and it's therefore save to say that the city was originally bigger than what's left today. Undercity is basically just parts of the sewers system and inhabited by the Forsaken.
    In fact Stratholme was a city of Lordaeron.
    But the capital city of Lordaeron was also called "Lordaeron".
    And i doubt about it being greater, simply cause Lordaeron's ruins only remains on Undercity, in a pretty good condition : how would it be possible ?
    I mean, how could this part of Lordaeron stay in this condition while all the rest of it would obliterated at that point ? (Cause we can't see any ruins of the Lordaeron City otherwhere than on Undercity)

10+ Year Old Account
    And i doubt about it being greater, simply cause Lordaeron's ruins only remains on Undercity, in a pretty good condition : how would it be possible ?
    I mean, how could this part of Lordaeron stay in this condition while all the rest of it would obliterated at that point ? (Cause we can't see any ruins of the Lordaeron City otherwhere than on Undercity)
    the outskirts of the city can very well be fallen to wilderness. We have to use imagination to figure out what it once was.
    After all, the city fell to the Forsaken, it wasn't abandoned. If you just think for a moment.... When you enter the city, you immediately get into the throne room. This suggests to me, that the surroundings must have been somewhat different. Unless you never have to worry about any intrusion, having the throne room as entry hall would be outright stupid lol
    Only insane individuals would do that.... see Garrosh and where he chose to sit now. In the front... lol
    All other cities have that part sitting deep in the city. And that's not just in game. That's also true IRL

The undead might be...well undead, but it doesn't mean they wont fix-up their own city. If you played in the undead starting zone pre-cata, you would have seen that all the buildings resembled the human buildings except they'd be a bit more worn down, on fire, or full of spider webs. Post-cata, the undead completely revamped all of their buildings to.

The courtyard is about the only part thats been left untouched and can still be considered "Ruins" but thats partially because the undead are more focused on the underground part of the city.

You're thinking too much into it.

Blizzard has said multiple times that whats in game is a small representation of the actual world and contents. It is NOT to scale. The Capital city was the largest city with Strat being the 2nd largest in the Nation of Lordaeron. What you see in game is supposed to be a representation of what would be left of that very city.