Poll: What is more impressive?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you find to be more impressive?

Today I was thinking, (dangerous I know) that some players can play one toon incredibly well, while other players can play a small handful of toons quite well.
    Granted this isn't to say that this covers the majority of all players, and please note, that playing something well is subjective!

But when it comes right down to it, what do you find more impressive? Someone who totally rocks one class, or is a fairly good at three or four?
    Respond in the poll above as to why, and post below your thoughts
    #TeamHunter

Can't really say I find anything impressive about playing a video game, no matter how well you do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Can't really say I find anything impressive about playing a video game, no matter how well you do it.
    That's unfortunate. Many people on this earth put a lot of time and effort into their work, and that can translate into a video game. You mean to say that because someone pours their effort into a virtual world, their work is now devalued?
    #TeamHunter

Playing one class incredibly well.

Deleted
    I find it more impressive if a player can play 2 classes with playstyle oposite of each other at a good / great level than a player playing 1 class exceptionally well.

Anyone can play a class exceptionally well, it just takes a while to master every aspect of it, but it comes with practice. Now playing 2 opposite classes requires a lot of versatility and knowledge of the game in itself.

Honestly neither. I don't get impressed by people playing games (video, real life, professional sports, etc). In the end they are games. Can I necessarily do what they do, no. Does what they do have any real life value, also no.

Someone who can play a druid, all 4 specs, exceptionally. THAT is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealbinder View Post
    Honestly neither. I don't get impressed by people playing games (video, real life, professional sports, etc). In the end they are games. Can I necessarily do what they do, no. Does what they do have any real life value, also no.
    Playing professional sports has no real-life value?

I can play any class/spec up to like 75% of it's potential or more right now, even those I've never touched. It only takes 5 minutes on google and you'll have everything you need to know to do fairly well. Mastering one class is something that takes time and very few people ever do, so I'll go with that.

Deleted
    None of those impress me to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more impressed with someone who can play several classes very well than only one. Especially true if they can play all three roles at the same level of competence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that playing 1 class extremely well is a matter of time spent playing the class, while being good at multiple is more a note to the persons ability to adjust to the situation. Sure I can do one thing for given time and be really good at it, but if you can adapt yourself to variable situations; that's much more impressive IMO

I consider myself to be reasonably skilled with the druid but I'm not amazing. I feel that I am a good gamer, I can pick up any game and do reasonable at it in a short period of time. Because of this, being able to play a number of classes well is not that impressive to me. That being said, people in Paragon and Method who are the absolute best is impressive. They are basically the equivalent to Michael Jordan. The best of the best. And that is fairly impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    That being said, people in Paragon and Method who are the absolute best is impressive. They are basically the equivalent to Michael Jordan. The best of the best. And that is fairly impressive.
    Well, not only that - but they can play other classes with the same aptitude. So it's a double-whammy.
    #TeamHunter

Think of it this way.

I can play multiple sports well, but in order to be a professional athlete I would have to be play one of the those sports with incredible skill. The same thing applies to WoW. I can play many classes well, but in order to be the best of the best I would have to be superbly skilled at one class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Play one really well while knowing how to play all the others is useful.

Deleted
    You have to know other classes if you want to be competitive.
    So - someone who can get r1 or at least glad titles on more classes.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Playing professional sports has no real-life value?
    Playing professional sports is the same as playing video games professionally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Playing professional sports is the same as playing video games professionally.
    Please elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    Please elaborate
    What do you think is different about the two?