Attonement Shaman

Now, before I get down to this. Let me explain what the title means.

Attonement Priests are well known for DPS'ing and healing both at the same time, and I believe there is potential for Enhancement Shamans to do something very similar.

In my guild's current raid group, we sometimes have issues with getting enough healers for our raids, and we want to use a healer less for some fights so that we are able to bring more DPS'ers to our raid group.

I feel as if using an Enhancement Shaman to heal with the right Talent and Glyph choices could be viable, even more so when 5.3 is released. Look at it this way;

We gain Spell Power from Attack Power, meaning no gear has to change.
    Our Maelstrom Weapon glyph allows us to gain increased healing.
    Echo of the Elements allows us to gain duplicate heals for no additional cost.
    Our current 2-set bonus allows us to gain the cast speed for these heals a lot more quickly
    Ancestral Guidance scales with the Glyph of Flame Shock, Healing Rain and Chain Heal spam glyphs while we are still dealing consistent damage.
    Mana would never be an issue

I feel it would be useful on a lot of fights where healing isn't a large issue when you're dropping a healer, but it's still of slight concern. And with 5.3, we gain an additional 10% Spell Power from Attack Power which would compliment our healing potential further.

I'm curious, I've managed to top healing meters in LFR before and I can see the potential for 25-man Enhancement Healing, but I think it could work but not as well within a 10-man environment also and I would love to see it happen.
    OpenRaid.org

Supervisor of OpenRaid Chat
    Dreverda@OpenRaid.eu

It could prove challenging, but it couldn't hurt to try and test it by going back to raiding MSV with said enhance shammy and work your way up from there.

It would only work in 25's when everyone is bunched up. Ista cast HR and a Htide totem. Big heals

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    It could prove challenging, but it couldn't hurt to try and test it by going back to raiding MSV with said enhance shammy and work your way up from there.
    I do it every week in LFR and have no problems and I usually come around 5th on damage also. The required set up you need for Talents, Glyphs etc needs to be quite specific so that you're maximizing your healing.

I would like to try it at some point this week in ToT.

It'll be strongest on Jin'Rokh, Tortos, Maegera, Ji-Kun, Durumu, Primordius and Dark Animus. Those are just from personal raid experience and any fights that require DPS time lost it will just blow on, like Horridon.

For fights like Maegera, I am able to pull 49k healing and up to 250k healing over the duration of AG while heroism is up. Those MW stacks are always there.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    It would only work in 25's when everyone is bunched up. Ista cast HR and a Htide totem. Big heals
    What about with melee heavy 10-man groups with HR/CH spam? Keep in mind, I wouldn't have the Restoration Mastery, so my effective healing remains consistent. I wouldn't use HTT either, I would opt for Anscetral Guidance instead as it works exceptionally well with HR/CH spam.
    Last edited by Dreverda; 2013-05-01 at 12:53 PM.
    OpenRaid.org

Dreverda@OpenRaid.eu

Deleted
    Why AG and not Conductivity?

Still, sounds quite funny and interesting - reminds me of the monk healing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    Why AG and not Conductivity?

Still, sounds quite funny and interesting - reminds me of the monk healing spec.
    I've personally not experimented with Conductivity and it doesn't seem as appealing. Because AG works with all healing and all damaging spells it seems to work out better.
    OpenRaid.org

Dreverda@OpenRaid.eu

There are literally like 3 or 4 threads on the first 2 pages discussing enh healing. It's a hot topic.

The short form is this:
    It's very good. You can do 150k HPS on demand. You lose 5-10% DPS for a large amount of healing.
    You still want AG because it adds burst healing to your kit and also procs from HR.
    Only heal during periods of high damage. It's a waste to keep up HR and HST the whole fight. Your reduced # of healers can easily handle this damage and isn't worth the DPS loss.
    This does trivialize (to a degree) some phases of some encounters.