Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yinn View Post
    Secondly, I do agree they made a mistake by making you to have to do the LFR at the start of MoP, but I believe they learned a lesson as can be seen in ToT where, if you raid like the topguilds do, you don't have to do it.
    World first race was well underway and progressing before LFR was even released. Perhaps some still did LFR, but I suppose that's the point of obsessive compulsive world first races.

I've never understood why the world first thing is seen as such a big deal. It's essentially a question of how much content can you skip, ignore, and how many hours can you pump into a game just to complete a task and have nothing new for months. I just don't get the appeal.

I think it's no surprise that an unhealthy amount of playing is going to lead to burn out. And, don't forget, these raid groups that have been in the world first race since Cata, Wrath....BC...are almost 10 years older now. Life doesn't allow you as much free time year after year.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    the real problem is that with 10m raiding taking the same achivs / loot that 25m guild, 25m guild are doomed to die, and with them dies the true epic feeling of wow.
    wow is dying and the cancer is the hardcore 10m guild.
    10 man raiding is considered "the hardcore" of the two in Korea but 25 man is the harder "more hardcore" in the west. Interesting, no?

But I do agree. I actually liked the 10/25 having different graphical gear rather than just stat differences.

Deleted
    the real problem is that with 10m raiding taking the same achivs / loot that 25m guild, 25m guild are doomed to die, and with them dies the true epic feeling of wow.
    wow is dying and the cancer is the hardcore 10m guild, the cure will be unique achivs both for 10 and for 25, something like silver and gold ladders for ppl can real feeling rewarded.
    10man guilds are not forcing any of the 25man guilds to disband.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Not even sure who Exodus is... but it looks like they lived up to their name.
    Lol.

Personally, I have to say that I don't know them either, but the name is vaguely familiar. I don't really keep track of what guilds are doing what. It sounds like the game doesn't immerse them anymore and/or they just don't want to put forth the effort anymore. Hey, I can respect that, but I am not going to be upset about a guild I know almost nothing about giving up on hardcore progression. I wish them the best in and out of game.

The very few I've had personal experience with were nothing but assholes and thieves so woe to wherever they end up with next. The majority I've not had contact with.../shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryana View Post
    Oh, we're doing this again? Cool. Coolcoolcool.

Sorry you had to do a few hours extra work to get your epics.
    Talk about missing the point while swinging for the fence!

Death and Taxes

Nihilum

For The Horde!

Ensidia

Vodka

Paragon (10 M isn't raiding)

and now Exodus.

Dominos fall, Wow goes on....

Infracted [Trolling]: Let's not begin with the 10/25 argument. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-02 at 01:57 AM.

The problem why all these top guilds breaking up is because there's not enough new players due to the game being so old. All the hardcore guys who are known for raiding world firsts in vanilla, BC, WOTLK etc are alot older now and into their mid to high 20's now. There are many more important things in life then raiding to them and the free time to focus on WoW is just not possible anymore with new families and jobs.

With all these good players quitting raiding, the only people to take their place would be newer, YOUNGER and knowledgeable players, but due to WoW being so old, the pool of players to fill their spot is so small and going to shrink even more as time goes by.

Proof of that are some of the answers in this thread. Anyone who's played the game and for more then 3 years would know who Exodus is, but sadly half the people in here do not. RIP Exodus!
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-05-01 at 01:54 PM.

awesome for them! now they can really enjoy the game instead of treating it as a mindbreaking job.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Isn't this the guild Kripparian that top hunter used to raid with?
    Kripp never was a top hunter, he's been around for ages at a semi high level but not at the very top.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you guys care about who leaves WoW. WoW wont go into the nether because some world first guild decided to quit, I admit, it is sad to see them go. But it wont affect us anyways...
    R.I.P ExoDus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    Death and Taxes

Nihilum

For The Horde!

Ensidia

Vodka

and now Exodus.

Except no one is there taking there place. I wouldnt be surprised if in the next expansion or two there are no more 25 man raids at all just like theres no more 40 man raids. They said hardcore raiding is dead. I dont think thats true. The reason a game like Everquest has remained strong after 14 years and continues to pump out expansions is because they cater to hardcore raiders. The raiding people are out there Blizzard just doesnt seem to care about them. You can say that casuals are more important because theres more of them but casuals dont stick around for 4-5+ years in a game. The hardcore people do.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-05-01 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    Death and Taxes

Nihilum

For The Horde!

Ensidia

Vodka

and now Exodus.

I really miss death and taxes. I wish they made a come back.

wow is dying and the cancer is the hardcore 10m guild, the cure will be unique achivs both for 10 and for 25, something like silver and gold ladders for ppl can real feeling rewarded.
    No, it is arrogant players like yourself.
    25m raiding having superior gear made it a mandatory route, and one which penalised anyone not able to participate in that.
    It hurt smaller guilds.

It was never about the feeling of achievement, but running both formats or that which awarded you the better gear so you could have an advantage to aid progression.

Those who were able to run 25m content cheated 10m progression with gear superior to that available to 10m only raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Except no one is there taking there place. I wouldnt be surprised if in the next expansion or two there are no more 25 man raids at all just like theres no more 40 man raids. They said hardcore raiding is dead. I dont think thats true. The reason a game like Everquest has remained strong after 14 years and continues to pump out expansions is because they cater to hardcore raiders. The raiding people are out there Blizzard just doesnt seem to care about them. You can say that casuals are more important because theres more of them but casuals dont stick around for 4-5+ years in a game. The hardcore people do.
    Blizzard do care, and responded to the "lack of content" whines by the community.

The problem is now blizzard actually did what the community wanted, too well.

Now the community cannot keep up.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-01 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a casual, i've been playing for 5 - 6 years now. Don't take all casuals over one swipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Kripp never was a top hunter, he's been around for ages at a semi high level but not at the very top.
    Pretty harsh calling Midwinter "semi high level" when you can't even kill Durumu. :s

My guess is that Midwinter delivered the killing blow...

While i think it is lame they came out and whined the way they did, i completely agree with everything said. Up until Mists, i was pretty into raiding. Now i find myself struggling to find the time to make raids as i have been doing a lot more IRL. I raid when i can now, and at least try to valor cap each week and do world bosses to be able to get something. Now that i am married there is just more to do outside of the game. Plus with the weather getting nicer, there is more time to walking through the woods where i live, ride 4 wheelers and go shooting. I have already told myself if the next expansion is not a burning legion return, or at least a serious work up towards it...then there really is no other lore i care enough about to keep playing.

With the game becoming more casual because of whiners, it really is harder and harder to find quality raiders. There seems to be a greater influx of immature teens coming to the game than mature serious raiders. Peoples lives do change and the veterans really are slowly leaving. the US is not the only country with a fucked economy, and people are finding themselves having to work longer hours or a second job just to make ends meet. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to stay at home and live off sponsorship's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    While i think it is lame they came out and whined the way they did, i completely agree with everything said. Up until Mists, i was pretty into raiding. Now i find myself struggling to find the time to make raids as i have been doing a lot more IRL. I raid when i can now, and at least try to valor cap each week and do world bosses to be able to get something. Now that i am married there is just more to do outside of the game. Plus with the weather getting nicer, there is more time to walking through the woods where i live, ride 4 wheelers and go shooting. I have already told myself if the next expansion is not a burning legion return, or at least a serious work up towards it...then there really is no other lore i care enough about to keep playing.

With the game becoming more casual because of whiners, it really is harder and harder to find quality raiders. There seems to be a greater influx of immature teens coming to the game than mature serious raiders. Peoples lives do change and the veterans really are slowly leaving. the US is not the only country with a fucked economy, and people are finding themselves having to work longer hours or a second job just to make ends meet. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to stay at home and live off sponsorship's.
    You my dear friend, summarized it all up!

Deleted
    This constitutes as "sad news"? A bunch of players decide to quit because they could not be "the best", happens all the time.

casuals dont stick around for 4-5+ years in a game. The hardcore people do.
    Both ignorant and incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Proof of that are some of the answers in this thread. Anyone who's played the game and for more then 3 years would know who Exodus is, but sadly half the people in here do not. RIP Exodus!
    That proves absolutely nothing, I have been playing since about a month after WoW released, taking a few breaks, yet I do not remember Exodus. To be fair I don't keep track of the hardcore raiding community, mostly because I do not care, and Exodus' name is familiar to me, but that's about it.

There sure are a lot of sweeping generalizations in this thread. That said, I do see merit in what you are saying about people quitting the game due to being in mid-20's and having families and the like now. I am not sure I agree that's the sole cause, but it is likely a part of it.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2013-05-01 at 02:24 PM.