Any reason to precast shadow bolt over soulfire on the pull?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Any reason to precast shadow bolt over soulfire on the pull?
    Glyphed Shadow Bolt.

Hey guys! first of all thank you so much for this thread and all the great information. Secondly, I just got a helm to put my legendary meta into tonight and I have been wondering, even WITHOUT UVLS, with my current gear should I favor hates over the other stats or keep at my current build. I understand that when you have UVLS the reason you go for haste and GoEA is because you want to shit your damage to imps instead of doom. I haven't run any sims with my meta in yet to check reforge plots or anything, that will have to wait until Thursday.

Armory: krasis on illidan-US. Sorry I can't posts links yet, haven't posted enough to earn the privilege ;(

Quote Originally Posted by dragonki69 View Post
    Armory: krasis on illidan-US. Sorry I can't posts links yet, haven't posted enough to earn the privilege ;(
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rasis/advanced

You're in an awkward position... You have the Crit Trinket, without UVLS. I think you should go to 8097 Haste and then stack Crit. That combination should give you a decent uptime on both trinkets and the Meta Gem. Get UVLS (even the LFR one) asap though, it will do wonders for your gear and allow you to get away from stacking Crit and focus on Haste>Mastery>Crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone care to speak in some detail as to your thoughts on stacking heavy haste over mastery, assuming you have the legendary meta and UVLS? I know a lot of people go just full on haste even past 8097 while others hit 8097 and stack mastery. I'm just curious and would like some kind of in depth explanation of one over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    Anyone care to speak in some detail as to your thoughts on stacking heavy haste over mastery, assuming you have the legendary meta and UVLS? I know a lot of people go just full on haste even past 8097 while others hit 8097 and stack mastery. I'm just curious and would like some kind of in depth explanation of one over the other.
    The benefits between the 2? More mastery is strong for AoE fights where adds won't last long like Horridon, Lei Shen (ball lightnings), Tortos. It's also great if you need that extra damage for the adds on Megaera heroic just as a few examples. I believe haste is stronger for multidot and single target fights, but the main reason would probably be cus of MS/OS demo/affli so you easily switch between the 2 without having to regem/reforge. It's a bit of personal preference atm though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    The benefits between the 2? More mastery is strong for AoE fights where adds won't last long like Horridon, Lei Shen (ball lightnings), Tortos. It's also great if you need that extra damage for the adds on Megaera heroic just as a few examples. I believe haste is stronger for multidot and single target fights, but the main reason would probably be cus of MS/OS demo/affli so you easily switch between the 2 without having to regem/reforge.
    No that wasn't my question really. I'm wondering why specifically some of the better locks go full haste or alternatively full mastery (after 8097 haste). I want to know why someone stacking full haste thinks that is better than stacking full mastery (after 8097) and was hoping for some empirical back-up not just anecdotal.

All of this is assuming you have UVLS and the legendary meta.

Thank you Teye for the quick response and advice =D. So after the 8097 haste, then crit, but is haste still > mastery or after the break point should I not get any more haste until I have UVLS? Also, once I have UVLS which of my 2 trinkets should I use with it? from what I've been reading it looks like BotH.

No that wasn't my question really. I'm wondering why specifically some of the better locks go full haste or alternatively full mastery (after 8097 haste). I want to know why someone stacking full haste thinks that is better than stacking full mastery (after 8097) and was hoping for some empirical back-up not just anecdotal.

I can't really read people's minds if that's what you are asking but idk in theory and most likely in play aswell 8097 haste -> stack mastery would be better on most fights because of the big amount of AoE fights this tier. The reason for going mastery when there is a lot to AoE is because it increases your pets damage and your damage in meta and haste won't do anything really there when ur AoEing. It's personal preference mainly though. Both are good pick whatever you feel fits yourself.

How good is the LFR version of UVLS for Demo? We haven't seen a normal one yet and I'm wondering if it is worth it to try to get the LFR version.

With the way gear is this tier everyone's BiS and BiS reforge is different and that comes down to Thunderforged pieces. Like the person above me said.. Mastery benefits you more on aoe fights while haste is better for single target. Just sim your character and you will see that. There is no "right" answer as to what to reforge to it really is all preference.
    No matter which route you choose the largest effect on your dps will be human error not whether your reforges are completely optimal.
    Eg. Lets say your doing council and you're full crit reforged but during the fight you sweave every single HoG, everytime UVLS procs you get doom up on all 4 bosses, you dont waste gcds you never sit on 2 hog charges etc.. in essence you play perfectly VS if you are optimally reforged and when UVLS procs you miss the full crit doom on 1 boss your dps will be higher with the crit reforge.

Moral of the story.. make sure you master the class on EVERY FIGHT so that you make 0 errors and then sim your character and change the profile to meet the fights that you want to be doing the MOST dps on.. then you can get your optimal reforge and get you +1k dps lol

10+ Year Old Account
    personally for me atm i am sitting at 4714 haste => matery => crit untill i get my 4pc at which i'll have enough haste to get to the 2nd plateu at which it becomes this

8097 haste > Mastery > crit. Two ticks of doom during lust is the butter zone where fury gen is good the imps are good and you can start to focus on other stats.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonki69 View Post
    Thank you Teye for the quick response and advice =D. So after the 8097 haste, then crit, but is haste still > mastery or after the break point should I not get any more haste until I have UVLS? Also, once I have UVLS which of my 2 trinkets should I use with it? from what I've been reading it looks like BotH.
    Well, Simcraft uses the Cha-ye's at full BiS, but Simcraft has been wrong pretty often lately so I wouldn't base a decision solely on that. There's also a fair possibility that it uses Cha-ye's because the uptime is better than BotH once you're that geared. Personally, I use BotH for the Haste it brings as well as the fact that it almost always procs on the pull whereas Cha-ye's might not proc until well after you've applied your best Doom of the fight.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 12:52 PM ----------

To be completely honest, I think its because of offspecs. That's not really a 100% answer on which way is better yet, and both methods are performing extremely well. With a Destro offspec, you really don't want Haste gems in every slot.

The "theory" behind full haste for demo is that with UVLS, legendary meta, and a second RPPM trinket more haste is functionally more procs. 8097 then mastery or full haste both are viable. Its mostly a playstyle thing. The functional upside is full haste also lets you swap between demo and affliction with the same setup.

If I'm trying to bomb the most possible in 5 sec window of heroic lei shen ball lightning I'll go 8097 then mastery. I'd also wager there is some further mastery preference if you tend to run grim of svc while haste favors gosac more but that's kind of just a gut feeling.

I have to apologize in advanced for this probably extremely nooby question.... I just got UVLS from LFR, and i've been reading through the forums about hitting the 8097 haste cap. I'm currently 508 ilvl, and have been attempting to figure out how you guys are hitting the 8097 haste cap. In my current gear i'm coming no-where even close to that. Is it an item level thing? That being said, From what I've gleamed from these forums, if I can't hit 8097, I should go for the 3036 haste > Mastery > Crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Haphe View Post
    I have to apologize in advanced for this probably extremely nooby question.... I just got UVLS from LFR, and i've been reading through the forums about hitting the 8097 haste cap. I'm currently 508 ilvl, and have been attempting to figure out how you guys are hitting the 8097 haste cap. In my current gear i'm coming no-where even close to that. Is it an item level thing? That being said, From what I've gleamed from these forums, if I can't hit 8097, I should go for the 3036 haste > Mastery > Crit?
    I didn't reach 8097 until I was at around 515 ilvl, and that was with gemming Haste. With UVLS, I'd say that stacking Haste as high as you can for the marginally better proc rate is going to be more beneficial for you than anything else atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I didn't reach 8097 until I was at around 515 ilvl, and that was with gemming Haste. With UVLS, I'd say that stacking Haste as high as you can for the marginally better proc rate is going to be more beneficial for you than anything else atm.
    I'm testing out 8k haste cap then rest in mastery with 524 ilvl, results are okay to be honest, I don't feel like missing procs and getting pretty good results. I have like 11k mastery. http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/235342/ guild logs are here if anyone is interested.

fml and feel free to hate on me for dropping a question I could answer myself, but I'm wondering if you people who stuck to demo in the beginning of this patch can tell how competitive it was before higher gear levels without lei shen trinket etc. I'm sitting at 519 item level with no set bonuses and even some spirit pieces, where I'm struggling to match my destro numbers as affliction. being really tired of destro I'm considering going demo this week. do you think it will be even weaker than affli or actually able to compete with destro? I'm able to confidently play all specs on an equal level so make your conclusion based on my gear alone armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nkudo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    fml and feel free to hate on me for dropping a question I could answer myself, but I'm wondering if you people who stuck to demo in the beginning of this patch can tell how competitive it was before higher gear levels without lei shen trinket etc. I'm sitting at 519 item level with no set bonuses and even some spirit pieces, where I'm struggling to match my destro numbers as affliction. being really tired of destro I'm considering going demo this week. do you think it will be even weaker than affli or actually able to compete with destro? I'm able to confidently play all specs on an equal level so make your conclusion based on my gear alone armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nkudo/advanced
    Until you get UVLS all the specs are pretty equal. There are obviously some niche fights for each of the specs but generally speaking you'll end up doing about the same DPS as any of the specs. Just play what you're most comfortable with around your ilvl (though Demo should pull ahead I believe).

thanks. was thinking the nerfs to demo at the beginning of the patch made the spec weak until you get UVLS. I'll give it a try then.