Going to try destro for durumu 25hc this week, can someone tell me if i should go haste or mastery?
    My common sense tells me is mastery but i wanna be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Going to try destro for durumu 25hc this week, can someone tell me if i should go haste or mastery?
    My common sense tells me is mastery but i wanna be sure.
    If wall damage is a problem go mastery for moar wall damage

If boss damage is a problem then obviously you need single target damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the thread Brusalk!

I've only been playing my Warlock hardcore for the past few months. I've fell in love with Destruction after trying it due to how easy it was to kill "Kanrethad" during the warlock green fire quest.

My only problem right now is my starting DPS on boss fights. I assume this is normal?

"Warlockone on Bloodhoof US"

What I do at the start of a fight is.

1. Pre Pot
    2. Immolate
    3. Curse of the Elements
    4. Conflagrate
    5. Incinerate (till 3.5 embers)
    6. Dark Soul
    7. Chaos Bolt (dump my embers)

(Should I really use Rain of Fire on single target?)

Following this rotation I find myself far behind on DPS (tanks are beating me lol) till I start to use (DS & CB).

Right now I'm 15% hit and reforged as "Crit > Haste > Mastery" using "Grimoire of Supremacy"

Tonight is a new raid week so I'm going to try the following tonight and hope to get better results.

I'm going to reforge and gem to "Haste (1.75 weight) = Mastery (1.74 weight) > Crit (0 weight)" using "Grimoire of Supremacy" 15% hit

I'm also going to use your opener that you posted

Pot/Precast Immolate
    Rain of Fire
    (Doomguard – If used at start)
    Conflag
    Conflag
    Dark Soul/On-Use Int
    Incinerate
    Incinerate
    Incinerate
    Incinerate (backdraft now at 2 stacks and around 2 Embers)
    Chaos Bolt
    Immolate (benefits from all temp procs and crit increases)
    Incinerate to 2 Embers (If required)
    Chaos Bolt

Any thoughts on how I'm currently reforged?

Thanks again for a great thread and really good information.

I have 522 BoTH, 502 Woosh, 522 Volatile Shadowpa

I am Destro with goSac for most AoE fights, and goSup for most single target (really only Eyeball, Quon, Consorts, and Dark Ani)

Which should I pair with BoTH? If I go Woosh, I have to lose socket bonuses because my gear has too many blue sockets, if I go Shadowpan I feel like its a waste b/c its a haste proc

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    I have 522 BoTH, 502 Woosh, 522 Volatile Shadowpa

I am Destro with goSac for most AoE fights, and goSup for most single target (really only Eyeball, Quon, Consorts, and Dark Ani)

Which should I pair with BoTH? If I go Woosh, I have to lose socket bonuses because my gear has too many blue sockets, if I go Shadowpan I feel like its a waste b/c its a haste proc
    My gut says Woosh because it doesn't feel like you're gaining much with the haste proc from the Shadopan trinket, for Destro anyways, relatively speaking. In terms of socket bonuses, just try and make sure you're not doing something like giving up a TON of intellect to stay under hit cap.

If you're looking for single target, haste is king, Shadow. Also, dark soul macro before conflags seems to work better a lot of the time. Immo>cote>macro>conflagx2>incinx4>cbx2

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    My gut says Woosh because it doesn't feel like you're gaining much with the haste proc from the Shadopan trinket, for Destro anyways, relatively speaking. In terms of socket bonuses, just try and make sure you're not doing something like giving up a TON of intellect to stay under hit cap.
    general rule of thump is 522 trinkets are better then 502 trinkets.

Even if the proc doesn't always benefit you for 100% you still have the passive intellect which does benefit.

And really the only way the haste proc would be bad is if you incinerate cast time gets below 1 sec which won't be the case for everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm I tried to edit my post but it's gone after I saved it....

So last night was a good run for me as I was number 1 dps for 2 fights as before I would never even been close to. So it looks like the reforge and other things I tried helped out a lot. I'm still needing a lot of work as I'm sure I should be doing more DPS on some of the fights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I went Destro for all fights besides Jin-Kun.

Here is the log for last nights raid.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h1rpeiba39eskr4f/

Jin'rokh the Breaker #3 177K dps

I think I should of done more dps on this fight but I had bad rng which caused me to run out 3-4 times.

Horridon #1 205K dps

First time hitting 205K dps on a fight but I still have room to improve on this fight I switched out to "Mannoroth's Fury" I'm thinking next time I will use "Kil'jaeden's Cunning" as I had to stop moving to cast and while mid cast I had to move which I think hurt my dps a lot.

Council of Elders #5 110K dps

I truly hate this fight as Destro! I'm not sure what else I can do to increase my numbers on this fight?

Tortos #3 131K dps

I'm thinking I should be doing more on this fight? Or should I switch to demo on this fight?

Megaera #1 131K dps

I did good on this fight but I think if I managed my trinket procs and DS better I would have done better on this fight. I used havoc a lot on the other head to build embers faster.

Ji-Kun

I was doing nest as demo.

On heroic Magaera with Mannoroth's Fury talent can I use the hydra heads as the fulcrum for FnB spells to hit the nether worms?

The nether tear spawn point will probably affect this but in general would this work? I would find it easier than having to target the worms, AoE them, retarget the hydra head to apply Havoc then target the worms once again to Shadowburn snipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    On heroic Magaera with Mannoroth's Fury talent can I use the hydra heads as the fulcrum for FnB spells to hit the nether worms?

The nether tear spawn point will probably affect this but in general would this work? I would find it easier than having to target the worms, AoE them, retarget the hydra head to apply Havoc then target the worms once again to Shadowburn snipe.
    I cannot comment on if FnB will hit the wyrms or not, but you should make yourself a mouseover shadowburn and havoc macro so you don't waste time switching targets for such things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    As any spec, really...

#showtooltip
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Curse of the Elements
    /targetlasttarget

No focus needed.

or u do /cast [@name] curse of the elements... wait what

Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post
    @name format doens't work with mobs who have names that have spaces in them.

IE [@Brusalk] will work, but [@Lei Shen] will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post

Both are a complete waste of globals...

/targetexact Direhorn Spirit
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget

coupled with

/target focus
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget

Never lose DPS casting on the spirit - pet takes care of everything and you're still able to toggle your pet onto the boss frequently for the DPS boost.

Quote Originally Posted by zythian View Post
    Both are a complete waste of globals...

/targetexact Direhorn Spirit
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget

coupled with

/target focus
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget

Never lose DPS casting on the spirit - pet takes care of everything and you're still able to toggle your pet onto the boss frequently for the DPS boost.
    Please don't do this.

1 CoE is a LOT less damage lost than losing your pet damage to running to attack a direhorn, then attacking it.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    general rule of thump is 522 trinkets are better then 502 trinkets.

Even if the proc doesn't always benefit you for 100% you still have the passive intellect which does benefit.

And really the only way the haste proc would be bad is if you incinerate cast time gets below 1 sec which won't be the case for everybody.
    I disagree almost entirely. First off, in most cases, a secondary stat is more valuable than int at this point. Secondly, the SPA trinket's proc is so garbage that all it is is passive int most of the time.

I use 502 woosh and 502 cha-ye over SPA trinket.

Secondary stats were never more valuable than int for locks. Gemming for secondaries works only because you have 2:1 ratio on gems. And the only time I get under-GCD on Incinerates is during hero and backdraft (no legendary meta yet), hardly enough to devalue the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Secondary stats were never more valuable than int for locks. Gemming for secondaries works only because you have 2:1 ratio on gems. And the only time I get under-GCD on Incinerates is during hero and backdraft (no legendary meta yet), hardly enough to devalue the proc.
    My point is ~1k secondary > 1.4k int.

I gem crit/hit in blues, int/haste in reds and haste in yellows reforging haste>crit. I have 30% haste raid buffed, meaning backdraft doesn't quite gcd cap me, but damn near. The meta or lust WILL gcd cap me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    My point is ~1k secondary > 1.4k int.

I gem crit/hit in blues, int/haste in reds and haste in yellows reforging haste>crit. I have 30% haste raid buffed, meaning backdraft doesn't quite gcd cap me, but damn near. The meta or lust WILL gcd cap me.
    no way could that be correct. Int's value is around double that of a secondary stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    no way could that be correct. Int's value is around double that of a secondary stat.
    I had it backwards actually, but the int procs are vastly superior to static int. I try to avoid static int trinkets like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Please don't do this.

1 CoE is a LOT less damage lost than losing your pet damage to running to attack a direhorn, then attacking it.
    Imp. Also one global could be one conflag, one incinerate, etc. Your pet attack isn't doing 100k per global.