Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokhyllan View Post
    LFR i understand that it is easy. But as I seen on videos, normal and most of heroic fights, are pretty dull for tanks aswell.
    Yeah man, I played sports in HS and was okay, but I'm pretty sure I could go Pro because I watch NFL/NBA/MLB/whatever and it looks pretty easy. /rolleyes

I don't have time for that much raiding, but that doesn't mean that i should be bored while playing casually either.
    Actually, it does. Because as LFR has shown, most people who also "don't have the time to raid" also don't have time to learn the mechanics, fights, or basic things about their class. Throwing 25 of those people randomly into a moderately difficult encounter is a recipe for frustration, disaster and lost subs. Sure, SOME folks may be exceptions to this rule, but exceptions are just that. Further, if there ever IS an LFR encounter that even RESEMBLES the normal version (not even looking at heroics here), the community erupts onto the forums in outrage that it is too hard. Look back to Garalon, Durumu, Lei Shen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are everyone just throwing shit at me? I just asked why tanks wont get more awesome mechanics than there is?
    We have it MUCH better this expansion than Cata and LFR is supposed to be easy and most of the time boring. It's where you CAN just stand around and loot.

What you describe, in LFR, sounds like the same thing for the other two roles.

Healer - stand there and heal the tank who is standing there, or throw an AoE heal for the raid. Move if ground changes color.
    DPS - stand there and fling damage at the mob that is standing there attacking the tank that is just standing there. Move if ground changes color.

Deleted
    You don't think that the WotE fight in MSV was great fun for tanks? o.O And how about amber-shaper? Or does it have to be a mechanic that is 100% unique for the tanks?

I actually think that tanks have some very unique roles for certain fights. There might not be a specific unique mechanic that says: "tank you do this", but the tanks' performance has an incredible impact on the raid's performance in ToT.
    For instance Ji-Kun and increasing melee dps' output during downdraft. Lei-Shen and moving the boss from pillar at the exact time. And from last tier: Gara'jal.

This is just my take on it (as a non-tank). I think that while tanks might not have to do a specific gimmic this tier, they need to be much more aware of how their class best copes with a certain situation. They are getting thrown into a lot of different scenarios, and they have to be able to handle it; their healers won't be able to if they don't do it right. For example the insane add damage on Empress, the pure magic damage on Lei-Shi, Thrash on Sha, tripple punctures on Horridon, bats on Tortos, and so forth.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    LFR is boring by definition. Of ourse its boring for tanks as well.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    DPS - stand there and fling damage at the mob that is standing there attacking the tank that is just standing there. Move if ground changes color.
    At least the tanks can see his face:P DPS only see his ass

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    At least the tanks can see his face:P DPS only see his ass
    Most bosses are pretty big/tall. I would rather see their ass from afar than have their crotch in my face

Have you tried Lei Shen on LFR? I love it, I have to take charge and explain to everyone what to do. Sort out groups, tell the tanks what to do and when to taunt. Stuff like that. LFR should be a bit harder, critical abilities that you easily die from if not handled correctly like Shadowed Loa Spirit, Durumu maze-phase or stuff like that, or they might aswell take it away from the game.
    Problem is you rarely see those 24 other people again, so you have to explain that to every newcomer. Further, most people don't listen anyway. People don't want to queue up and join a group to be led by someone they don't know. People argue and have big dick contests over who knows more or who's strat is better and rarely any good comes from it. They have to cater the "casual" style of raiding to the lowest common denomitor, which is little Johnny mouthbreather, who just wants to log in, queue up, spam frostbolt/kill command/mutilate and collect some loot now and again. And it's been working for that goal.

Why are everyone just throwing shit at me? I just asked why tanks wont get more awesome mechanics than there is?

This is not a "I want to be able to heroics but I can only raid 4 hours a week"-thread.
    And we are saying that in real raiding, tanks DO get what you're asking about. It just doesn't trickle down to LFR because LFR is designed for a lower skill level/time commitment/organizational level. If you want something new, TRY something new...don't try to make something that is established as easy/mindless into something engaging or technical. Especially when there are already 2 established avenues for engaging and technical raiding in Normal and Heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

LFR i understand that it is easy. But as I seen on videos, normal and most of heroic fights, are pretty dull for tanks aswell.

I don't have time for that much raiding, but that doesn't mean that i should be bored while playing casually either.

pugs and casual guilds with flexible raiding schedules, could help with that ... so you can attempt to complain about normals not being made the way -you- see fit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    So you are a disrespectful spoiled brat who feels entitled to everything being catered to them?

Glad we cleared that up.

This game is made for 9+ million people, not you.

Your mom is right, you should go outside some, for fresh air, for the Vitamin D from the sunlight, to maybe learn the world doesn't revolve around you ... stuff like that; then come back and play some more, hopefully with a better attitude
    Disrespectful? Not really. I'm just saying that it's not me that maintains this game, it's Blizzard.

Why do you think I don't have the time for raiding? I do stuff outside this "world". I'm pretty sure you're the one who needs to be outside more since you brought this down to a personal level.

15+ Year Old Account

This is not a "I want to be able to heroics but I can only raid 4 hours a week"-thread.
    They do have great mechanics... In the real raiding difficulties. So stop saying everything's boring for tanks when your doing lfr and everyone's jobs are boring because every mechanic can be ignored.

And don't tell me about how strapped for time you are, because that's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of LFR is boring for all roles.

Deleted

Because what you specified as an issue is untrue, mechanics for tanks in tot can be fun, just not in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    They do have great mechanics... In the real raiding difficulties. So stop saying everything's boring for tanks when your doing lfr and everyone's jobs are boring because every mechanic can be ignored.

And don't tell me about how strapped for time you are, because that's ridiculous.
    If you think it is ridiculous, why did you even take you time to tell me what 10 people have already told me?

I find that even on LFR, Lei Shen is a blast to tank, especially if you try to single tank it.

Single tanking Tortos is also pretty fun, since you need a way to get the bats while holding Tortos. Single tanking Jin'rokh is as well, forces you to be fairly smart with your cooldowns. Dark Animus is all sorts of crazy on LFR for a tank too, even moreso than on regular (especially if you're not terribly geared... when you've got 5+ large golems on you at once, it's a ton of incoming damage). Grab a feather on Ji-Kun and be a tank with feed buffs. Is every fight going to be super fun? Nah. But it's not nearly as bad as you make it sound, in my opinion. If you're even remotely skilled, LFR is going to be a snoozefest no matter what class or role you are. To make it fun you'll have to get creative.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-05-02 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    First normal boss of MoP was Stone Guard. While it's just aoe on LFR, for normal modes it was actually a pretty tank-test.

Ofc you can relate every boss fight to "it's just taunting", but also Elegon, and definately Will of the Emperors were great fights to tank.
    Garajal had a mob that only tanks can kill so tanks have to dps aswell (although i will agree they didnt have enough health). That's actually the same again at Twin Consorts.

I will agree that ToES didnt offer much for tanks. As for Tot, i do think Horridon with grabbing aggro of 1200 mobs, Tortos bats, Lei Shen, and to lesser extend Dark Animus Iron Qon and Twin Consorts are really fun to do. Same for Durumu, but that is largely for mechanics that the whole raid needs to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    Go try to do Reg Tortos and tank the bats instead of LFR. Come back and let us know how it was for you.

LFR was designed for it to be brain dead "raiding"
    '
    To me LFR is just 5man heroics with 25 people which automatically makes it a downgrade from 5man heroics as "casual endgame".

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think it is ridiculous, why did you even take you time to tell me what 10 people have already told me?
    Because sometimes a person needs more than 10 others to say their point is invalid.

"I am Rei Shen, prease!!"

Deleted

Because you threw in the LFR reference obviously. There are specific things for tanks to do every now and again, but on LFR they have to be kept to a minimum anyway or the entire raid would fall apart if the tank job was too complex on a specific encounter.

If you actually want something to do as a tank, sorry but LFR isn't where you will find it, but you can certainly get it if you start doing some heroic modes.

Completing LFR takes longer than most guild runs due to afkers and brain deads wiping.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it