Thread: Random loot

Deleted

Random loot

Just got this awful piece from Jin'rokh heroic, i'm already hit capped whilst reforging everything away I can!

Anyone else had wonderful experiences with the randomised loot from a few ToT bosses yet?

Oh man. TF Random stat bracers with hit/exp make me want to cry every time

First or second week in ToT, our warrior got the same bracers (non-TF) as you but with double expertise. He didn't want to replace his 496 because....double expertise, but held onto it and after getting new gear/tweaking gems and reforges decided to use it.

Deleted
    I got double hit from our first normal kill. Dumped them into my tank gear after I bought the crit/exp ones with valor, and still 2% over the hit cap.

Theres too much hit for quite a few classes. It's been discussed quite a lot.

I had a hilarious experience as of today: Megaera HC, random stat cloth bracer drops... with expertise as random stat!
    Truly useful, really... such a waste of heroic gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    I had a hilarious experience as of today: Megaera HC, random stat cloth bracer drops... with expertise as random stat!
    Truly useful, really... such a waste of heroic gear...
    Expertise functions as hit for casters now, though

Still, these random single-stat bracers are one of the worst loot ideas Blizzard has had

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post

Still, these random single-stat bracers are one of the worst loot ideas Blizzard has had
    That's a bit of an exageration. Not everyone wants them but most of them are actually really good. It's not that bad....

I think it would be fine if they would never roll with hit/exp. Crit/Mastery/Haste would be enough of a crap shoot with the fact they have to drop, and then roll the stat you want (without even factoring in TF).

In general if they are going to keep up with the rare drop thing (either via random stats or allowing any boss to drop the item) they need to rethink TF on these items. Rare drops + TF are just too rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    well could be worse i suppose you could have gotten gold!

Between these random stat bracers as well as trash loot and random boss drops being BiS, I'm just about ready to fight a dungeon designer!
    Random boss items with a <0.5% chance to drop, you'd have to farm the whole place for 4 months to expect just a single drop of the item you want...
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2013-05-02 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I got the same thing, except for my disc priest...

Those are useless

Talk to DK's, where blood, 2h frost and UH all have BiS weapons as shared boss loot. I just expect to never see them.

While I largely agree, I got TF bracers off Durumu with Haste as the roll on our first week. My Prot/Ret pal loves them (with yellow socket and BS socket for 600 more haste lulz).

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Talk to DK's, where blood, 2h frost and UH all have BiS weapons as shared boss loot. I just expect to never see them.
    Yep, either pray for a Bo-Ris/GSoFH randomly, or stick to the Council Sword with WAY too much hit. Good luck with JiKun feather that you need for Festerblight and 3k+ hit after reforging....at least you won't miss! Bad itemization is bad

Note that I play protpal and Blood DK, and tank loot is pretty tragic too. Sure, prot uses haste anyway, but trying to find mastery on gear is awful this tier
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I got bracers from Horridon the other day that were itemized Spirit only and a socket. Best item I can get for that slot pre-heroics, so I'm not going to complain about randomized stat gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Yep, either pray for a Bo-Ris/GSoFH randomly, or stick to the Council Sword with WAY too much hit. Good luck with JiKun feather that you need for Festerblight and 3k+ hit after reforging....at least you won't miss! Bad itemization is bad
    I'm sitting at 8.88% hit now with council sword and TF feather, so working my way down. I think at the worst I almost hit 12%, just silly amounts of hit.

Also at 8.54% exp and can't get a different trinket to drop so I can get rid of the shadopan one. Had the terrible twins one drop twice though, bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    I got bracers from Horridon the other day that were itemized Spirit only and a socket. Best item I can get for that slot pre-heroics, so I'm not going to complain about randomized stat gear.
    Yeah, that's the issue with them. Sometimes they are amazeballs, but most of the time they are between meh and terrible.