Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    GC is full of it on this. Go take a look at Rift and how many specs they let you run around with. Guess what? Shit works just fine, you can have your Tank, DPS, Healing, PvP DPS, PvP Healing and Grinding spec all set up and ready to go. Press the button and BAM you're specs changed and you're good to go. Doesn't make the class feel any less unique, doesn't make me feel bad that other people might be using the same spec. This whole idea of having to go back to a trainer to relearn how to swing your dagger a certain way is stupid.
    GW1 did this ages ago. Then they took it a step further and allowed you to save and load templates. So I could go online and find a monk template and load it into my saved templates and bam all my points and gear and everything were already set up. Was an awesome system especially for heroes. It was also great with armor templates for PvP because if you had a PvP character rather then spending 30 minutes doing all of your gear with the right insignia's you could just preload it. Blizz finally took the hint and made the equipment manager. By the way, people still play and love GW1 and the game isn't broken like a lot of people here are saying WoW would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    GC is full of it on this. Go take a look at Rift and how many specs they let you run around with. Guess what? Shit works just fine, you can have your Tank, DPS, Healing, PvP DPS, PvP Healing and Grinding spec all set up and ready to go. Press the button and BAM you're specs changed and you're good to go. Doesn't make the class feel any less unique, doesn't make me feel bad that other people might be using the same spec. This whole idea of having to go back to a trainer to relearn how to swing your dagger a certain way is stupid.
    Which is why Rift is on the verge of eclipsing WoW as the #1 MMO?

Sarcasm aside, GC's point isn't invalid. I want tri-spec, but I can see where he's coming from on this. Tri-spec would be great for my paladin, as it opens up three wildly different roles, but what about that rogue he mentioned? Are there any folks in this discussion who's main or only 90 is a pure DPS? What would you actually do with three specs? How would it affect you if you're raiding tier 15 and PvPing every week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That would NEVER do that in response to a tiny amount of whining for a tiny proportion of the community.

B) People asking for a fifth spec will undoubtedly happen, but I highly doubt that blizzard would then in the already ridiculous scenario go and waste time making 5th, 6th, etc. specs for everyone.
    You must be new here. It's ok. Everything we have in game now, came from the "tiny amount of whining from a tiny portion of the community". LFD, exists because people wanted a way to queue without looking for a group. LFR exists, because people wanted to raid without having to be in a raid guild, or because they have tight schedules. Other things "whining" brought:

Mounts - Down from level 40 to 20
    Flight in Azeroth, not just Outlands and Northrend
    No need for a fishing pole
    No need for spell reagents
    Transmogs
    Reforging
    Void Storage
    Solo raiding on old content
    Account wide Achievements, pets, and mounts
    BoA heirlooms
    BG queues - instead of a battlemaster or walking to the BG

and hundreds of other little items in the game. Anyone who thinks the player base (especially the casuals) have no affect on Blizz as far as implementation is fooling themselves. Also, should anyone ever offer you a job as a marketing strategist for knowing the public, you should just say no.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    GW1 did this ages ago. Then they took it a step further and allowed you to save and load templates. So I could go online and find a monk template and load it into my saved templates and bam all my points and gear and everything were already set up. Was an awesome system especially for heroes. It was also great with armor templates for PvP because if you had a PvP character rather then spending 30 minutes doing all of your gear with the right insignia's you could just preload it. Blizz finally took the hint and made the equipment manager. By the way, people still play and love GW1 and the game isn't broken like a lot of people here are saying WoW would be.
    And yet here we all sit playing WoW in the high numbers while GW1 and Rift are just oh-so-successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You must be new here. It's ok. Everything we have in game now, came from the "tiny amount of whining from a tiny portion of the community". LFD, exists because people wanted a way to queue without looking for a group. LFR exists, because people wanted to raid without having to be in a raid guild, or because they have tight schedules. Other things "whining" brought:
    No, it didn't. Feedback is an important part of anything but it is rarely the REASON something occurs. Ji Firepaw's quest text changing was changed due to feedback. Mists of Pandaria as an expansion was NOT due to feedback, yet some people wanted pandaren lore since WC3. You see the difference?

and hundreds of other little items in the game. Anyone who thinks the player base (especially the casuals) have no affect on Blizz as far as implementation is fooling themselves. Also, should anyone ever offer you a job as a marketing strategist for knowing the public, you should just say no.
    Anyone who thinks the feedback is the driving factor over actual data is the one fooling themselves here. Maybe it'll help you with your inventions if you took that into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria as an expansion was NOT due to feedback, yet some people wanted pandaren lore since WC3. You see the difference?

Anyone who thinks the feedback is the driving factor over actual data is the one fooling themselves here.
    People wanting something... is feedback. I rest my case. Have a nice day

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    He came with a valid reason. That is my 2 cents for this discussion.

People wanting something... is feedback. I rest my case. Have a nice day
    Did you miss like every blue quote ever regarding the decisions to release MoP? Did you miss all the "We wanted to add pandas in TBC"? The constant mention of samwise's obsession with pandas in his art, etc. etc.?

Oh wait, you are the glorious customer and you are always right! It's people like you in my line of business we call: timewasters.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

And yet here we all sit playing WoW in the high numbers while GW1 and Rift are just oh-so-successful.
    GW1 sold 6.5 million copies and Rift has sold over 1 million giving Trion a $100 million revenue in 2011 I would hardly call that unsuccessful and since when did we judge whether or not a system is good based on how many subscribers the game it comes from has? I guess we should ask for AOE looting to be removed as that was inspired by Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    GW1 sold 6.5 million copies and Rift has sold over 1 million giving Trion a $100 million revenue in 2011 I would hardly call that unsuccessful and since when did we judge whether or not a system is good based on how many subscribers the game it comes from has? I guess we should ask for AOE looting to be removed as that was inspired by Rift.
    And that's great... but how did it go last year? or even the first half of this year? How many of the WoW killers did little more than give the public ideas for things to ask for in WoW? And once wow gave in and provided such features, how many of those games still hold the attention of the 6.5 million people who bought it? Does GW1 even still have 1.5M players? Or Rift. After these past 3 years, and the amazing launch it had, how many players has it retained? And yes. Thank you Rift for AoE looting. You gave us something great before fading out in the MMO sea of lackluster.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 12:10 PM ----------

Did you miss like every blue quote ever regarding the decisions to release MoP? Did you miss all the "We wanted to add pandas in TBC"? The constant mention of samwise's obsession with pandas in his art, etc. etc.?

Oh wait, you are the glorious customer and you are always right! It's people like you in my line of business we call: timewasters.
    Really? I point out the flaw in your logic and this is the strawman you want me to look at without laughing? Yeah, corporations have never said anything that wasn't true right? WC3 launched July 2002. They mentioned "TBC" but never put it in. Yet there were plenty of threads since then asking for Pandaren to be added as a playable race. There is even reference to a Pandaren who helped build Orgrimmar (or some other major horde city).

Feedback and requests from the people prompted the ultimate release of Pandaren. There is a poll on this very site from years ago that had Pandaren as the leading winner in a "Next Playable Race" poll. If you fail to see it is the fans and their requests that drive this game, I cannot help you or explain it any other way than I already have.

Feedback and requests from the people prompted the ultimate release of Pandaren. There is a poll on this very site from years ago that had Pandaren as the leading winner in a "Next Playable Race" poll. If you fail to see it is the fans and their requests that drive this game, I cannot help you or explain it any other way than I already have.
    Correlation does not equal Causation. A very important life lesson most of us learn in school.

And that's great... but how did it go last year? or even the first half of this year? How many of the WoW killers did little more than give the public ideas for things to ask for in WoW? And once wow gave in and provided such features, how many of those games still hold the attention of the 6.5 million people who bought it? Does GW1 even still have 1.5M players? Or Rift. After these past 3 years, and the amazing launch it had, how many players has it retained? And yes. Thank you Rift for AoE looting. You gave us something great before fading out in the MMO sea of lackluster.
    Considering GW2 was released last year I doubt the sales of GW1 were that high. But really who cares? The number of sales or subscribers a game has is not an indication of quality of some of the systems they have.

Why do you feel the need to bash other games in order to validate your opinion?

How about they just tie the talent/glyph/gear manager systems all in together and allow for saving reforges for each one, then allow players to swap out between as many gear+talent+reforge+glyph profiles as they care to make? Its not like people give a darn about immersion nowadays, so why keep pretending that they do. I don't feel like I have many options when it comes to talents, each tier is generally 1 pve /1 pvp /1 useless talent. So now you end up with a situation where you have boring talents and a boring loot system where it is all about getting your BiS pieces each tier, its turning into a situation where we are getting put on tracks for character progression with the illusion of 'choice'.

Too bad they can't just make world of Diablocraft, take all the awesome itemization and systems in D3 and put them into a massive multiplayer persistent world allowing for raiding, quests and character progression.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Tri-spec to hybrids only.

Can't speak for rift but GW1 rivaled WoW in terms of numbers for a long time. People still play GW1. WoW can be stated to be more successful because it charged a sub fee but GW1 didn't. Either way, your statement is wrong. GW1 was EXTREMELY successful and numbers have dwindled in anticipation for GW2 which sad to say didn't deliver on what I and most others were expecting.

Because lord knows Blizzard has never lifted a game idea from another company.

Wow, I actually typed that without bursting into full-out laughter.

GW2 was never meant to be a WoW killer. Anet even stated this multiple times. As per your argument, since GW1 doesn't have a sub fee, all the players that bought it could still be considered players so the number has likely gone up.

personally id love tri-spec, but i can see it will be a issue in raids if everyone can just respecc to whatever soothes the current encounter.
    Imho a 15-20 min CD on respecc while in raids or similiar would be ok.
    I think thats the main reason there isnt tri spec yet. Atleast that were their reason back in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tri-spec? While we're at it, bosses should just give you the loot once you enter the instance. Or wait, why go through the trouble of entering the instance when the bosses could just send you gear via mail?! Ah, damn, yeah, you'd have to run to a mailbox... Hmm, let's see, why wouldn't the bosses just walk up to you and hand you the gear? We don't want to inconvenience the players the slightest bit, do we?...

We have dual spec. Why on earth are you complaining? Seriously, does everything have to come on a silver platter for you? Are you that special that Blizzard has to go all out of their way just so you wouldn't be inconvenienced?

Play the game as it is. Appreciate it as it is. Or leave it be, as it is.

This means druids need quad spec? I think you should just remove spec all together if you can be all of them at once and give player ability to do everything however they want. I think we may need to let each spec use 1 stat for every role too. example is druid use intellect to boost healing in caster form,ap in cat form,armor and dodge in bear,spell power in moonkin. That sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Tri-spec? While we're at it, bosses should just give you the loot once you enter the instance. Or wait, why go through the trouble of entering the instance when the bosses could just send you gear via mail?! Ah, damn, yeah, you'd have to run to a mailbox... Hmm, let's see, why wouldn't the bosses just walk up to you and hand you the gear? We don't want to inconvenience the players the slightest bit, do we?...

We have dual spec. Why on earth are you complaining? Seriously, does everything have to come on a silver platter for you? Are you that special that Blizzard has to go all out of their way just so you wouldn't be inconvenienced?

Play the game as it is. Appreciate it as it is. Or leave it be, as it is.
    This is the most idiotic argument ever. We already have the ability to do exactly what tri-spec does it just is a hassle and wastes everyone's time. Seriously, if you can't make a reasonable claim as to why it's bad don't even post.