10+ Year Old Account

Show Me Your Moves question

So back when my guild did the Will of the Emperor achievement to finish our mounts, our warrior died right before the boss fell over, and he was the only one that did not receive the achievement.

I figured it was just because he died but many of our other raiders complained and said the achievement had no such wording that would prevent him from receiving it even if he died.

Anyway, we finally got time to go back and do it again for him so last night we did it and everyone hit the same boss perfectly in the same dance phase, all to have the achievement not awarded again when it died. Someone brought it up that maybe the game might think he already had it from it from last time or something.

Anyway, does anyone have any insight as to what the actual requirements are? We would rather not do it time after time if it is not going to reward him the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievements sometimes bug out..
    I remember back in WotLK we did Sarth3D, and one person my the raid didn't get achievement, while the 9 other did. All 10 was alive when fight was over.
    As compensation, we gave the guy the mount.
    Even with the mount, but no achievement, GMs couldn't/wouldn't grant him the achievement..

For you to have it happen twice, while rare to happen, is still within the realm of possibilities, so you'll most likely have to keep trying..

PS, Wowhead comments does mention, that you won't get credit, if you die, so maybe it'sworking as intended the first time, and bugged second time --> http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6455#comments
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-04-17 at 06:13 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

We had this bug out 2 weeks in a row with everyone hitting the boss and didn't get credit for it. Did the same thing last night, nothing changed and got credit for doing the same thing as the prior weeks.

Think it's just a buggy achievement really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, thanks for the responses. Guess we will just keep going back when we get spare time.

Upon submitting a ticket because I did actually die (well killed myself with dagger because I thought we had failed it) while we achieved hitting him with all 10 raid members. Everyone got the achievement but me. Here is copied what a dev said regarding this situation:

"After looking at it, this may very well be a bug that has cropped up with all the recent changes to the game. It does seem that there have been several reports with players not granting achievement credit for Show Me Your Moves if they had died during any of the previous encounters. I have taken the information you have given me, and added a report about this issue for our quality assurance team to review. While they will not contact you directly about this issue (they’re kind of a secretive bunch >.>), you can rest assured that they will use all of the tools at their disposal to identify and correct any bugs or glitches they may find. In this way, we can make sure that all potential bugs are properly catalogued and fixed, not just for one individual, but the community as a whole."

He did NOT manually give the achievement to me though, now it's the only one I have left to get sadly.

Deleted
    There are more achievements like this.
    Overzealous from Imperial Vizier Zorlok comes to my mind. If you die, you will not get the achievement, but everyone else will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tethos View Post
    There are more achievements like this.
    Overzealous from Imperial Vizier Zorlok comes to my mind. If you die, you will not get the achievement, but everyone else will.
    we had to come back when someone died on lei shi and imp vizier. nobody got it

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah there is some buggy stuff going on.

you'll have to redo it unfortunately. wouldve hoped the PTR / beta testers wouldve ironed this out
    Hi

Deleted
    We used a weak aura with the extra actionbutton ability to show how many strikes we got on the boss. Was really easy when all of the people finished the dance part

Deleted
    People who die don't get the achievement, this is known (confirmed by a GM).
    But the whole achievement is bugged right now, it seems only to work sometimes. Which makes it a real pain, since you have to clear the instance, and kill the boss. When it is bugged, you don't get the credit, but you have the ID and have to wait for another week. There is also no way for GMs to see the stacks you get or the hits you make on the boss (according to the same GM). So GMs will not give you credit for it afterwards.

To the requirements: Basically, they are exactly what is written in the achievement: Every player (in a full raid, means 10 or 25) has to hit the same boss (also the tank of the other boss - he has to run towards the boss the hits have to go off and hit him before the button disappears) after the same dance phase.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2013-05-02 at 03:15 PM.

Talking about personal experiences, I completed this achievement three times and only got it awarded on the third. One of our guesses was that, because on the two first times we just completed the requirements on random dances during which the two bosses' phases were slightly off sync, the achievement might be running an internal timer and the strikes were too far apart. We got the achievement normally when completing the dance on both the first one and the first one of the titan gas phase, just to be on the safe side.

I can't comment on the part about not dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelbitarz View Post
    We used a weak aura with the extra actionbutton ability to show how many strikes we got on the boss. Was really easy when all of the people finished the dance part
    We also found a similar aura quite helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Talking about personal experiences, I completed this achievement three times and only got it awarded on the third. One of our guesses was that, because on the two first times we just completed the requirements on random dances during which the two bosses' phases were slightly off sync, the achievement might be running an internal timer and the strikes were too far apart. We got the achievement normally when completing the dance on both the first one and the first one of the titan gas phase, just to be on the safe side.
    This appears to have happened to us last night as well. Our monk tank was on roll-duty, and came over when my boss was still on swing #4 to hit his. The other 9 of us then hit him and we figured it was all good. Newp. They seem to get more and more out of sync as the fight goes on, so maybe worth noting that. Will try the aura this week. Ugh.

Sha of Fear achiv is gonna be really annoying too Debating just doing it on heroic so that we only have to dodge for 1 phase
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Sha of Fear achiv is gonna be really annoying too Debating just doing it on heroic so that we only have to dodge for 1 phase
    The normal version should require a maximum of two platforms as well. If a group gets taken to a platform after that, they should be able to just wait where they land without engaging the archer.

Left platform: Stay at the entrance and once the archer shoots (I think) twice on your right side, take a step to your right. Stay in the slice until he stops shooting and then take a step back to the entrance, rinse and repeat.

Middle: Take a step right from the entrance and once the archer shoots once to your left, take a step there. Stay in the slice until he stops shooting and take a step back to the right again. You will get hit once when standing at the entrance, but getting feared requires you to get hit twice.

Right: Position in the slice at 11 o'clock (entrance is 6 o'clock). You can either keep running clockwise once the archer starts shooting and keep going until the end of the phase or stop in the 5 o'clock slice (exactly the opposite of the starting slice). Return back to the original slice after the archer stops shooting.

There might be an easier way of doing the right platform. We were personally used to this tactic and once you're familiar with the movement you can basically just step through the boss into the safe slice. There are also other safe ways of doing the platforms, but I can't remember those. While they might be helpful for the tanks and/or the possible other people picking up the balls, it's probably easier to have everyone standing in the same position for the movement.

Marking the starting position for each platform makes it easier for people. It's also the easiest if you get the left and the middle platforms. The hardest part on those is probably picking up the balls during the safe period and then returning to the correct slice(s) before the archer starts shooting. I wouldn't try ignoring all of the balls.

EDIT: The right platform might also be 10 o'clock and 4 o'clock instead. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if I remembered it wrong.

I'd ticket a GM. When I did this achieve with an OpenRaid group, we did it perfectly with no deaths or DCs and only one person in the group was awarded the achievement. Everyone else in the group ticketed a GM and later received the achievement no problem.

We had a similar issue with the Wind Lord one. Some of these raid achieves are buggy as hell.

Pretty annoying achievement that demands skills and attentivness from each member in the raid. Nowadays you have advantage and you can easily stop DPS and wait for next gas if you failed. To check the succession you can use simple addons like Skada/Recount.
    Made in 10 ppl, video-version from the sight of Rogue:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC20Vkc2El0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qantum1 View Post
    To check the succession you can use simple addons like Skada/Recount.
    How can one check from damage meter if everyone have succeeded? Do I have to go through all 10 person one by one and check their damage done by skills or?

When I was doing this month ago, we had a guy in raid going through Skada to verify if all had done 500k+ dmg.
    But since then, I think the Raid Achievements addon (from Phoenix Style) has been fixed to handle it correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope the add-on is fixed, though IMHO it still doesn't work properly in x-realm groups doing achievements. But I might be wrong. Guess someone has to go through the dmg meter then to prove that all is done. Hate to have a fail achiev, cause someone was afraid to admit that thy failed at it.

Incoming enormous Weak Auras string!

Just replace the names in here with the names of whomever is doing the achieve in your group and you're good to go, if can't use Raid Achievements for some reason.

dKt2vaGEqK8sfqSlqKABuyMsinBQ03i42uv7KkSxXUL0(Pk6NkkdJOghu8AfOHcIWGPkmCLYbvaohiDmLQJRasleeE muAXeXYP0dLGNQAzkYZHmrfqzQeAYsz6KUOekxvcvpduxhPnsfDnfAZiSDQs)LIUmQpJOVdIAKGi6Ws1OjsJxr10GQ BjrNg48kOvkHyTkGQFRKZEeZ7rmAokFhsJdPfG07Y5(5T8weZNpJGaXACwokpjpcd1qExyckomMquIdNpCgbbI14Ce QS8(im(oubJjm7cHOeFm3YKGvvC4gN3gw7(aSK2fDlhXUeqIfOQ5IZGe5GwosPBGMNE0XkfWE5CidAQ04uqg2aJGGb mgOq3XimfIs8X8k1x0cijzlko2Z7TgqbRA31uTass2IIy0CPmGuQgNgc44JgYtygfeeGojhIsC8C3vVfXC7YLJyUp1 vbrmA0O588TETXTar0CSrmo2JyUAbKKSnI5Of1ILZHKSfjLhIYBuBxbRAoSCEJrAEr61Y5GC0g766O7Z5Z22wwLwbi fG1tpUAbdY56WnoN9YvnhrLWE5QEkbbyEUzHbCrZx8cfk2Fowksx(Msbnoxb(ClNIyt0IAXYbICkInBmsde5ueBI2y xxhDFoqKtRSxUQ5kWNB5ueBIwulwMwbAKKtrSzJrkTc0ijN9YvnVWYxsx90JIUiZBmsPvGMRDljRrZLYasPACoUJpb pjlGbwgw2qaoeL4c5URElI52LlhXCFQRcIy0OrZNpJGaXACwIdDCcJGagzdJ9DdC4quIdNBzsWQkoCJZ7uBxs3M3Bn Gcw1URPAbKKSffXO5GwoKKTiP8quoKbnvACkidBGrqaJHHb(euOWHOeFmVs9fTass2IIJ98HZiiqSgNLJYW4YgqHf2 NKhXNGgIs8XOXXueZvlGKKTrmhTOwSC(aJDTavApVrTDfSQ5WY5ngP5fPxlNdYrBSRRJUpNpBBBzvAfGuawp94Qfmi NRd34C2lx1CAL9Yvnxb(ClNIyZgJ0aro7LRAEHLVKU6PhfDrMJLI0LVPuqJZvGp3YPi2eTXUUo6(CGihrLWE5QEkbb yEUzHbCrZx8cfk2FofXMOf1ILPvGgj5ueB2yKsRansYPi2eTOwSCGiVXiLwbAU2TKSgnxkdiLQX54o(e8KSagyzyzd b4quIlK7U6TiMBxUCeZ9PUkiIrJgnF(mcceRXzjo0XjmccyKnm23nWHdrjoCULjbRQ4WnoVtTDjDBEV1akyv7UMQfq sYwueJMdA5dm21cuP9CidAQ04uqg2aJGagddd8jOqHdrj(yEL6lAbKKSffh75dNrqGynolhLHXLnGclSpjpIpbneL4 JrJd4iMRwajjBJyoArTy5Cij3BT8g12vWQMdlN3yKMxKETCoihTXUUo6(C(STTLvPvasby90JRwWGCUoCJZzVCvZPv 2lx1Cf4ZTCkInBmsde5SxUQ5fw(s6QNEu0fzowksx(Msbnoxb(ClNIyt0g766O7ZbICevc7LR6PeeG55MfgWfnFXlu Oy)5ueBIwulwMwbAKKtrSzJrkTc0ijNIyt0IAXYbI8gJuAfO5A3sYA0CPmGuQgNJ74tWtYcyGLHLneGdrjUqU7Q3Iy UD5Yrm3N6QGignA085ZiiqSgNL4qhNWiiGr2WyF3ahoeL4W5wMeSQId348o12L0T59wdOGvT7AQwajjBrrmAoOLdj5 ERLdzqtLgNcYWgyeeWyyyGpbfkCikXhZRuFrlGKKTO4ypF4mcceRXz5OmmUSbuyH9j5r8jOHOeFmACGhXC1cijzBeZ rlQflNdjO1EEJA7kyvZHLZBmsZlsVwohKJ2yxxhDFoF222YQ0kaPaSE6XvlyqoxhUX5SxUQ50k7LRAUc85wofXMngP bIC2lx18clFjD1tpk6ImhlfPlFtPGgNRaFULtrSjAJDDD095aroIkH9Yv9uccW8CZcd4IMV4fkuS)CkInrlQfltRan sYPi2SXiLwbAKKtrSjArTy5arEJrkTc0CTBjznAUugqkvJZXD8j4jzbmWYWYgcWHOexi3D1Brm3UC5iM7tDvqeJgnA (8zeeiwJZsCOJtyeeWiBySVBGdhIsC4CltcwvXHBCENA7s628ERbuWQ2DnvlGKKTOignh0YHe0AphYGMknofKHnWii GXWWaFcku4quIpMxP(IwajjBrXXE(WzeeiwJZYrzyCzdOWc7tYJ4tqdrj(y04ymI5QfqsY2iMJwulwoxSBxdM3O2Uc w1Cy58gJ08I0RLZb5On211r3NZNTTTSkTcqkaRNEC1cgKZ1HBCo7LRAoTYE5QMRaFULtrSzJrAGiN9YvnVWYxsx90J IUiZXsr6Y3ukOX5kWNB5ueBI2yxxhDFoqKJOsyVCvpLGamp3SWaUO5lEHcf7pNIyt0IAXY0kqJKCkInBmsPvGgj5ue BIwulwoqK3yKsRanx7wswJMlLbKs14CChFcEswadSmSSHaCikXfYDx9weZTlxoI5(uxfeXOrJMpFgbbI14Seh64egb bmYgg77g4WHOeho3YKGvvC4gN3P2UKUnV3AafSQDxt1cijzlkIrZbTCXUDnyoKbnvACkidBGrqaJHHb(euOWHOeFmV s9fTass2IIJ98HZiiqSgNLJYW4YgqHf2NKhXNGgIs8XOXHreZvlGKKTrmhTOwSC(aVxHuqQ8g12vWQMdlN3yKMxKET CoihTXUUo6(C(STTLvPvasby90JRwWGCUoCJZzVCvZPv2lx1Cf4ZTCkInBmsde5SxUQ5fw(s6QNEu0fzowksx(Msbn oxb(ClNIyt0g766O7ZbICevc7LR6PeeG55MfgWfnFXluOy)5ueBIwulwMwbAKKtrSzJrkTc0ijNIyt0IAXYbI8gJuA fO5A3sYA0CPmGuQgNJ74tWtYcyGLHLneGdrjUqU7Q3IyUD5Yrm3N6QGignA085ZiiqSgNL4qhNWiiGr2WyF3ahoeL4 W5wMeSQId348o12L0T59wdOGvT7AQwajjBrrmAoOLpW7vifKkhYGMknofKHnWiiGXWWaFcku4quIpMxP(IwajjBrXX E(WzeeiwJZYrzyCzdOWc7tYJ4tqdrj(y04qiI5QfqsY2iMJwulwoVGDb58g12vWQMdlN3yKMxKETCoihTXUUo6(C(S TTLvPvasby90JRwWGCUoCJZzVCvZPv2lx1Cf4ZTCkInBmsde5SxUQ5fw(s6QNEu0fzowksx(Msbnoxb(ClNIyt0g76 6O7ZbICevc7LR6PeeG55MfgWfnFXluOy)5ueBIwulwMwbAKKtrSzJrkTc0ijNIyt0IAXYbI8gJuAfO5A3sYA0CPmGu QgNJ74tWtYcyGLHLneGdrjUqU7Q3IyUD5Yrm3N6QGignA085ZiiqSgNL4qhNWiiGr2WyF3ahoeL4W5wMeSQId348o1 2L0T59wdOGvT7AQwajjBrrmAoOLxWUGCoKbnvACkidBGrqaJHHb(euOWHOeFmVs9fTass2IIJ98HZiiqSgNLJYW4Yg qHf2NKhXNGgIs8XOXbMiMRwajjBJyoArTy58bsVs2rdunVrTDfSQ5WY5ngP5fPxlNdYrBSRRJUpNpBBBzvAfGuawp9 4QfmiNRd34C2lx1CAL9Yvnxb(ClNIyZgJ0aro7LRAEHLVKU6PhfDrMJLI0LVPuqJZvGp3YPi2eTXUUo6(CGihrLWE5 QEkbbyEUzHbCrZx8cfk2FofXMOf1ILPvGgj5ueB2yKsRansYPi2eTOwSCGiVXiLwbAU2TKSgnxkdiLQX54o(e8KSag yzyzdb4quIlK7U6TiMBxUCeZ9PUkiIrJgnF(mcceRXzjo0XjmccyKnm23nWHdrjoCULjbRQ4WnoVtTDjDBEV1akyv7 UMQfqsYwueJMdA5dKELSJgOAoKbnvACkidBGrqaJHHb(euOWHOeFmVs9fTass2IIJ98HZiiqSgNLJYW4YgqHf2NKhX NGgIs8XOXb0iMRwajjBJyoArTy5Ch0bPv6G08g12vWQMdlN3yKMxKETCoihTXUUo6(C(STTLvPvasby90JRwWGCUoC JZzVCvZPv2lx1Cf4ZTCkInBmsde5SxUQ5fw(s6QNEu0fzowksx(Msbnoxb(ClNIyt0g766O7ZbICevc7LR6PeeG55M fgWfnFXluOy)5ueBIwulwMwbAKKtrSzJrkTc0ijNIyt0IAXYbI8gJuAfO5A3sYA0CPmGuQgNJ74tWtYcyGLHLneGdr jUqU7Q3IyUD5Yrm3N6QGignA085ZiiqSgNL4qhNWiiGr2WyF3ahoeL4W5wMeSQId348o12L0T59wdOGvT7AQwajjBr rmAoOL7GoiTshKMdzqtLgNcYWgyeeWyyyGpbfkCikXhZRuFrlGKKTO4ypF4mcceRXz5OmmUSbuyH9j5r8jOHOeFmAC SlhXC1cijzBeZrlQflNFPacvIfGDquEJA7kyvZHLZBmsZlsVwohKJ2yxxhDFoF222YQ0kaPaSE6XvlyqoxhUX5SxUQ 50k7LRAUc85wofXMngPbIC2lx18clFjD1tpk6ImhlfPlFtPGgNRaFULtrSjAJDDD095aroIkH9Yv9uccW8CZcd4IMV 4fkuS)CkInrlQfltRansYPi2SXiLwbAKKtrSjArTy5arEJrkTc0CTBjznAUugqkvJZXD8j4jzbmWYWYgcWHOexi3D1 Brm3UC5iM7tDvqeJgnA(8zeeiwJZsCOJtyeeWiBySVBGdhIsC4CltcwvXHBCENA7s628ERbuWQ2DnvlGKKTOignh0Y VuaHkXcWoikhYGMknofKHnWiiGXWWaFcku4quIpMxP(IwajjBrXXE(WzeeiwJZYrzyCzdOWc7tYJ4tqdrj(y0O5EJJ DCz5Oja