Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    He happens to be right. Fear is VERY weak CC against classes with breaks; and those are plentiful
    Fear has NO COOLDOWN. All those fear breaks do. At a minimum you can have anyone in a fear over 20% of a game.

Fear a warrior, he breaks it, wait 20s, fear him again, he cant break it. Complicated I know. 8/30 the warrior is in fear. And that is the shortest fear break.

Everyone else and its like 24/60s you can have them in fear.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    People here are talking as though Fear is not subject to diminishing returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Fear has NO COOLDOWN. All those fear breaks do.
    Absolutely true. However, Warrior/Priest Fear does have a cooldown, and it's those classes that I refer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    That's the other problem. How often do you see Priest/Warlock/Warrior-type teams? Almost Never? Shared DR happens to be why. Those classes have to play three or four times better to be functional.

Solving fear is a very complex question. If you remove fear breaks, you make Warlock fear a better polymorph. You'd have to nerf Warlock fear to make it Poly-ish; to break on damage. If you make Warlock "Fear" to break on damage, you have to add a glyph somewhere to have Warlock fear to remove DoTs.

This is further complicated by the Shared DR, which probably has to go. I think the best answer is to make Warrior Fear/Priest fear a horrify.

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    The main complaints are because fear is buggy. Nobody complains about Poly, Hex or Blind because it breaks on damage. People complain about fear because it's hard to forget about the time where you ran around out into the open for a full 8 seconds while taking damage the entire time because it didn't break when it should have.

Ask a mage about Blink or a warrior about Heroic Leap and they'll tell you about how they need to get fixed because of all the times terrain screws them up, ask a non-warrior about Heroic Leap and they'll complain how stupid it is that a Warrior can launch themselves across the battle field and smash faces or how a Mage can get out of stuns. Neither are wrong, they are just looking at it from a different perspective.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can actually fix fear pretty quickly, I've been advocating how to do it for ages.

1. All fear effects cause targets to tremble in place, rather than running around. - This prevents all bugs relating to getting stuck in walls and etc, and all annoyances with getting feared into bad positions.

2. All fear effects break on a consistent amount of health, say, 10% of max health of the feared player. - Currently different fear effects break on different %'s, and all of them have a non-trivial randomized value.

3. Some fear break effects need to be removed, there are way too many of them.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Fear needs to be fixed. and I mean completely overhauled.

fixes as follows

1) Breaks on a very very low % damage instantly based on the targets hps.
    2) Not spamable, - 15 sec CD
    3) Obeys the laws of wow physics ie...you cant 'run' around underwater or fall through the world.
    4) Limited to single target only.

Currently Locks don't need fear they are far to tanky as it is, and Priests pump out far to much dps as shadow to need fear as part of their arsenal.

Fear should be utilized for CC purposes only.

That is all

When I saw the title i thought you might have a point and wanted to see what it is, but all I see is a QQ post. Fear doesnt break easily, but it can be amsed, cosed, br'ed, warded and dr's with every other spell cc in game. As long as other cc such as stuns etc arent adressed ( which are pretty unavoidable) I dont see why fear in particular is op, its been in the game for a long long time.

"I got outplayed by a lock and now I'm really mad."

That's all I saw when I read the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    The main complaints are because fear is buggy. Nobody complains about Poly, Hex or Blind because it breaks on damage. People complain about fear because it's hard to forget about the time where you ran around out into the open for a full 8 seconds while taking damage the entire time because it didn't break when it should have.

Ask a mage about Blink or a warrior about Heroic Leap and they'll tell you about how they need to get fixed because of all the times terrain screws them up, ask a non-warrior about Heroic Leap and they'll complain how stupid it is that a Warrior can launch themselves across the battle field and smash faces or how a Mage can get out of stuns. Neither are wrong, they are just looking at it from a different perspective.
    Trust me, I play a mage and have nerdraged many times when Blink did not work as intended. "Excuse me while I Frost Nova and esc... Oh, nope. Never mind." As someone who has played and played against many a mage, I don't begrudge them/us for having Blink - casters need to maintain range, and there are far too many gap closers for me to see Blink complaints with anything but contempt.

On the subject of Fear again, I do think that one thing it should probably do is cause the player to run in a straight line away from the caster, rather than go balls-crazy all over the shop. I think a large part of people falling through the world or getting stuck in place is because of the erratic movement Fear causes. As for not breaking on damage, I can honestly never say I've seen my warlock's Fear fail to break on damage. Sometimes it appears to break well below 20% of health. Perhaps players are being confused by multiple sources chaining Fear effects, ie. Mortal Coil, Psychic Scream, Psyfiend, Intimidating Shout?
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.

Fear as a CC is literally the most nerfed/adjusted mechanic in the history of the game. Just leave it alone already.

Seriously i don't see how ppls complain about fear now when majority of classes don't even need to land cc to burst you down. Only ability tied to fear that feels broken atm is psy fiend that chain fears and only becouse SPs themself are disgustingly OP. Try playing lock against popular cleaves that ride you day and night have fear breakers or any shaman wizard and see how many OP fears you'll get out. But then again if you're a lock and aren't playing with mage who can solo ppls for you you're doing it wrong i guess. Too bad most mages prefer SPs and rogues as their partners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Fear a warrior, he breaks it, wait 20s, fear him again, he cant break it. Complicated I know.
    20 seconds? Thats cute. The warrior needs 10s to kill you :P

I wouldn't mind fear if it was like how it used to be.
    actually broke on damage. atm seems to be a 8 second stun.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My god, the time machine works! I've been transported back to Burning Crusade!

But yea, no. Fear is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Oh fear, It never breaks if it's used on you and it always breaks if you use it on someone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I wouldn't mind fear if it was like how it used to be.
    actually broke on damage. atm seems to be a 8 second stun.
    How horrible that some classes primary way to peel/stay alive lasts for as long as 8 seconds?

How dare blizzard give this kind of amazing utility to a warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Seriously i don't see how ppls complain about fear now when majority of classes don't even need to land cc to burst you down. Only ability tied to fear that feels broken atm is psy fiend that chain fears and only becouse SPs themself are disgustingly OP. Try playing lock against popular cleaves that ride you day and night have fear breakers or any shaman wizard and see how many OP fears you'll get out. But then again if you're a lock and aren't playing with mage who can solo ppls for you you're doing it wrong i guess. Too bad most mages prefer SPs and rogues as their partners.
    Psyfiend is offensive on multiple levels, firstly because it's a talent, and secondly because it's completely automated and apparently Blizzard doesn't like that - oh, wait, they only don't like that when it comes to Shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    can we talk about warlock's crazy burst instead? they can keep their fears.

Yea classes got tools against fear, but compared to fear they have long CDs. You get out of it once maybe twice some classes after that tools are gone and the fact that fear doesn't necessary break on damage, it's definitely very strong cc. Single warlock can easily burst down feared target during it even when talking about 380k+ hp and 66%+ resi. It's not a cc, it's an I win button, that can be countered the first time but not agaisnt spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is still a funny thread..

it's depressing to see how bad the general player base is right now.

ffs THERE'S WARRIORS IN HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT FEARS! that's like killer wales complaining that seals have too many bones.

amazing this isn't locked with so many people embarrassing themselves in here. i understand wanting to fix it so people dont run through walls.. sure.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-03 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Remove fear breakers - all of them.
    Nerf fear after that.