15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    snip
    -1% used?....So it gave you power?*mind explodes*

North Cape will give tablets 10 hours battery life, and 3 extra with the keyboard?

Curved oled on preorder?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So I got to smash a computer over the weekend, that was way too much fun. And for my troubles I won a Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard, and a nice little desktop cooling fan to boot. Will upload pics soonish. In case you're wondering, yes, those are hard drives that people are chucking into a box.

Action starts at roughly 2:30(me in the white hoodie).
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-04-30 at 04:41 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Damn, you ruined that sword... and the bat... and the computer...
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Damn, you ruined that sword... and the bat... and the computer...
    I know >.>, though only one was intended. I was talked into the sword and bat, I was gonna stick with the crowbar. And at some point during that I took a small chunk out of my finger, hadn't even realized til like 30 mins later.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-04-30 at 07:08 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Anyone else having this issue with youtube: if I want to fast forward to a part of the video that hasn't buffered yet, it just jumps back to the start of the video. Driving me NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Anyone else having this issue with youtube: if I want to fast forward to a part of the video that hasn't buffered yet, it just jumps back to the start of the video. Driving me NUTS!
    I do, it pisses me off like no tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yap, does that with some videos.

All in all the whole set of "upgrades" in the last month or so have completely fucked everything up.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Found a tweak to get pci express 3.0 on a 2600k. http://i.imgur.com/QmdK8BD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Found a tweak to get pci express 3.0 on a 2600k. http://i.imgur.com/QmdK8BD.jpg
    Mind showing us the instructions?

The awkward moment when you set up mozilla thunderbird as your email client and it downloads every email from the last 4 years.

Deleted
    anyone here got exp with lapping and perhaps some words of advice? (got the proper sanding paper in the mail today)
    expecting the CLU to arrive by mail tommorow. (ordered it on tuesday but slackers posted it today )
    must say im actually quite curious for the final result. (if i can manage load max temps <80 degrees on 5,0 Ghz ill be happy already, currently having max temps of 85)

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    anyone here got exp with lapping and perhaps some words of advice? (got the proper sanding paper in the mail today)
    expecting the CLU to arrive by mail tommorow. (ordered it on tuesday but slackers posted it today )
    must say im actually quite curious for the final result. (if i can manage load max temps <80 degrees on 5,0 Ghz ill be happy already, currently having max temps of 85)
    You got balls man, props.

Does anyone know when the new K70 keyboards are coming out? I want one so bad

Deleted

meh im just insane
    in hindsight yes it is risky but if you don't do stupid things all you lose is the warranty. (and really when is the last time that cpu chips under good cooling conditions died out of nowhere?, knocks on wood)

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Mind showing us the instructions?
    Well it's with a max v extreme, only got one GPU atm and that's in the 2nd slot which runs off from PLX (and according to bios) but I haven't been expecting that I still could do 3.0 without having a card running off the native pci express controller inside the cpu..

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Well it's with a max v extreme, only got one GPU atm and that's in the 2nd slot which runs off from PLX (and according to bios) but I haven't been expecting that I still could do 3.0 without having a card running off the native pci express controller inside the cpu..
    Maybe the PLX chip has a PCI-E 3.0 controller built in?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Maybe the PLX chip has a PCI-E 3.0 controller built in?
    Typically PLX is for PCI-E 3.0.

Also, K70 is supposed to be out within a month, from what I've seen.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Topic switch here, but does anyone know how to prioritize bandwidth for one computer. I don't want to throttle the other, just give myself priority. I am terribad with network stuff :S Hardware ok, software cool, network someone shoot me.

According to corsair they're released but I've yet to see them at any computer shop so far.

Edit: It's up for sale at the corsair shop it seems.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-05-04 at 04:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Topic switch here, but does anyone know how to prioritize bandwidth for one computer. I don't want to throttle the other, just give myself priority. I am terribad with network stuff :S Hardware ok, software cool, network someone shoot me.
    i guess you are sharing a connection with someone.
    we cannot help with such issues unless you could specify it more and it does not involve illegal activity (aka torrent machine) or greedy roommates hogging bandwidth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    i guess you are sharing a connection with someone.
    we cannot help with such issues unless you could specify it more and it does not involve illegal activity (aka torrent machine) or greedy roommates hogging bandwidth
    since when was torrenting illegal?