Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzcon 2013 and next expansion

I've been thinking about this for few days now.

As we all know blizzcon will be held in November but that made me think. MoP was released 25th September and patch 5.2 was released 5 March.
    That's about 5 months between patches that included raid content so let's say that next raid content patch (aka patch 5.4) will be released about 5-6 months after the release of 5.2

So let's just say that patch 5.4 will be released in September and still we got 2 more months till blizzcon. My thought is that do you guys think that we will
    have any info of the new expansion by that time or do you think they will release all info during blizzcon.

If they reveal all the info next blizzcon and we already got the last patch of the Mop do you think that next expansion will be released soon after blizzcon?
    maybe January 2014? Or maybe will get patch 5.5 between 5.4 and the new expansion? just my thoughts? Also they said that they wanted to shorten the
    time between the last patch of the MoP and the new expansion (unlike WotLK and Cata)

What do you guys think?

(also english isn't great but i hope you guys can understand this thread )

I was kinda wondering that myself.

They DID say that the Garrosh raid will be the final raid of Pandaria, right? Also considering they said there won't be another "year long wait" like Cata between the final raid and expansions...

Because... as you pointed out... Garrosh would be theoretically long since dead (defeated) by the time Blizzcon happened!

However, if they were working on a new expansion for release soon after Garrosh and 5.4... um... it would have to literally be starting beta in a few weeks from... right now.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how they time it out. They seem very confident that they can keep up the current pace of releasing content.

I'm going to guess that they'll stretch out Throne of Thunder just a little longer than a raid typically lasts, release Siege of Orgrimmar in September or October, announce the new expansion at Blizzcon in November, and start the beta for it before the start of 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    If they did stretch out ToT until october alot of people are going to be ticked off and alot of them will be leaving
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the beta will probably start soon after Blizzcon, but that's just conjecture.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think the beta will probably start soon after Blizzcon, but that's just conjecture.
    This seems the most likely to me. I think we're looking at an early summer release for the next expansion. Just idle conjecture though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting to see what Blizz does in response to the complaints of MoP. See if they actually change what went wrong, or hunker down on what went wrong being right.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

A blue did hint that there might be a 5.5. Would make sense to do a final lore patch for the expansion. They also hinted that something "big" was going to be introduced later in this expansion....so might make sense to introduce it in 5.4 or 5.5 to keep people subscribed/interested til 6.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    wasnt there some new feature, similar to the scale of LFR, that was going to be introduced? might be a means of keeping the populace under their control for a longer period of time.
    Hi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    wasnt there some new feature, similar to the scale of LFR, that was going to be introduced? might be a means of keeping the populace under their control for a longer period of time.
    There was a controversial new feature in 5.4 that was in fact not tri-spec.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a area in Azshara that was going to have a crater like area in the expansion. and still I'm ok with another expansion if they make Mists awesome so far.
    Well anyway I will be looking forward to more from World of Warcraft and looking forward to the next exp to Starcraft II, and I'm not a big fan of Diablo.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'm waiting to see what Blizz does in response to the complaints of MoP. See if they actually change what went wrong, or hunker down on what went wrong being right.
    Considering they addressed nearly everything that went wrong in Cataclysm - I'm more than certain we'll see tweaks via the expansion.

I have to locate my post prior - but I already said WAAY before MoP was released they're probably going to be making the next expansion extremely dark and VERY serious situations/monsters based on the insane forum/blizzcon reaction the Pandaren reveal had, just to offset the tone. :P ((BTW: I have no problem with the Pandaren... I'm just speculating on what Blizz is thinking based on what they've heard and what they've seen people say/do))

Deleted
    A lot of people are thinking along the same lines. Maybe they won't announce it at Blizzcon. I know we've gotten used to it, but since not every expansion comes out exactly 2 years after the last one, it's not gonna work out from a time standpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I forsee 5.4 in October.

-> Next xpac released at Blizzcon, along with the next gen mmo.

>> I would say the next xpac release would be set around May 2014

5.4 will be approximately 4 months after 5.2, just as they said it would in the beginning of the expansion. 5.2 came 4 months after the release of HoF and ToES. Given that 5.3 will be in the next couple weeks (~2 months after 5.2), 5.4 would be here probably late July.

They planned for a 1 year Xpac, so 3 tiers would be about 4 months a tier, but due to the first tier being the leveling tier, they added a couple months, so people didn't have to grind levels then gear just to see all the content at appropriate times. This lines up with their plan from Blizzcon to release X5 Q4 2013.

Clarification and things
    Last edited by Banawani; 2013-05-04 at 07:44 AM.

Deleted
    They hinted at a possible 5.5 patch, so it could go a bit like this.
    5.3 May 2013

5.4 September 2013

Blizzcon announcement November 2013
    (start of beta shortly after in December 2013 maybe)

5.5 March 2014
    (filler patch, ties MoP to the next expansion)

Next expansion June/July 2014
    But that would still leave almost a year between 5.4 and the next expansion, and even with a filler patch, it looks too close to how they've been doing it in the past with WotLK and Cata. I would like to see them stick to their current model of releasing patches.

So maybe we'll see a small 5.5 patch with daily quests, new scenarios etc, maybe the big yet unannounced feature, and then later a 5.6 filler raid like Sunwell or Halion.

And then it could look like this

5.3 May 2013

5.4 September 2013

5.5 November 2013
    (small patch with dailies and new scenarios, new unannounced feature [scaled old raids?])

Blizzcon announcement November 2013
    (start of beta shortly after in December 2013 maybe)

5.6 March 2014
    (small filler raid)

pre-expansion ingame event May 2014

new expansion June/July 2014

That would stick to the current model - about 6 months for a new raid, little stuff in between - and yet there would only be about 3-4 months between the last content patch and the release of the next expansion.

In any case, they either have to bring the expansion out quicker than we expect, or provide a good amount of extra content between 5.4 and the next expansion, or it will be ICC/DS all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    A lot of people are thinking along the same lines. Maybe they won't announce it at Blizzcon. I know we've gotten used to it, but since not every expansion comes out exactly 2 years after the last one, it's not gonna work out from a time standpoint.
    Next expansion is 100% going to be at Blizzcon 2013.

5.4 is going to come out around September 10th. Give or take a week.
    Blizzcon is will start on November 8th, Announcing the new expansion. (Roughly 2 months after 5.4).
    Beta will most likely begin very soon after. They will probably tell us friends and family testing has already begun at Blizzcon.
    June 10th, 2014 will be the release date for World of Warcraft's 5th expansion.

Just my guess based off what we know (Blizzcon date), Blizzard's track record for raid tiers (almost 6 months apart exactly), and what Blizzard's stated goal is (not wanting the last tier to drag on like ICC and Dragon Soul).

I wouldn't be surprised if MoP have a Epilogue patch, one with only content that will lead to the next expansion new patch with the launching raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    5.4 will be approximately 4 months after 5.2, just as they said it would in the beginning of the expansion. 5.2 came 4 months after the release of HoF and ToES. Given that 5.3 will be in the next couple weeks (~2 months after 5.2), 5.4 would be here in about August.

The plan for release (the schedule was on MMO around last blizzcon) was for X4 to be late Q4 2013.
    I've never seen them say that there'll be 4 months between 5.2 and 5.4 and it sounds unrealistic. 5.3 isn't even out yet.
    The schedule is already wrong. I doubt it was ever meant to be a definite thing anyway.