Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Nerf Healing - For The Love Of God

I can't honestly believe that the 5.3 Patch Notes aren't one giant troll.

Healing in lowbie PvP and 90 is out of control. It's so mind-numbingly easy to keep a full group healed while hopping around and laughing at the DPS trying to focus you.

Oh but don't worry, it'll get much better in 5.3 with the following changes:

- Everyone will have a base resilience of 65% resilience. SWEET! Whelp, no more PvP leveling characters for me.. back to questing.
    - PvP power took a HARD nerf. Not just a small 5-10%, they nerfed it into the ground. I'm not sure what the point of PvP gear will even be in the coming patch. Why would someone sacrifice so much Str/AP/SP for a very minor amount of PvP power that's been nerfed into the ground? With less PvP power, healers will be even harder to kill.

There are some healers I've encountered that easily go down with a silence and a little CC. However.. then you have those healers who know their class. They're nearly impossible to kill without a group of people focusing them down and healers usually aren't alone.

I can't possibly fathom how the hell changes like this were approved past the PTR when they were on. Healing has always been a little OP in BGs (especially in the lower levels) but it's completely out of control.

Don't do Random scrub BGs. Play against people who actually know how to do stuff, not bots/random scrubs

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know SOMEBODY who took one look at the notes and rushed to the forums...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Well I know SOMEBODY who took one look at the notes and rushed to the forums...
    I've seen them plenty of times and can't wrap my mind around what they're possibly thinking on how this is going to end...

Deleted
    you go girlfriend

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehem...

Base Resilience will be set to 65% for all characters level 85 and higher - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9331806/

There are easy solutions to this. Bg level as a healer. Play a prot warrior. Dont be bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    There are easy solutions to this. Bg level as a healer. Play a prot warrior. Dont be bad?
    You're right absolutely right.. it's our fault for not being able to down healers.

It's our fault they're given a nearly limitless mana pool with the regeneration they have. I remember back in the (some call it the good ol days) where you could drain a healer's mana, then focus him down. Now, you just have to rely on coordinated CC from a few people to HOPEFULLY kill them via crits.

As for the Prot Warrior.. am I the only one who doesn't enjoy 1-2 shotting people? I do have a BoA healer that I was PvP leveling but it's ridiculous. It's not too hard to keep an entire team healed even while being focused, it's a tad (just slightly) ridiculous.

They just need to reduce healer's mana regen for pvp is all.

BC had it perfect.

pve gear will be scaled down to same ilvl as pvp gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Another crying thread, why waste the forum for this kinda crap ????

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lowbie PvP is not a concern of Blizz, that was made clear when they made DPS OP in lowbie PvP for Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No, stop nerfing shit just because of pvp. Things should change because of PvE, not pvp.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

There's one thing I won't ever really do, and that's leveling BG's. I haven't even done it in ages but I've heard enough horror stories about today's leveling BG's, and back in Cataclysm it was already bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    There's one thing I won't ever really do, and that's leveling BG's. I haven't even done it in ages but I've heard enough horror stories about today's leveling BG's, and back in Cataclysm it was already bad enough.
    Quite frankly I have no idea how people even do it. You gain so little experience it must take forever to level that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No, stop nerfing shit just because of pvp. Things should change because of PvE, not pvp.
    It's for the most part not even needed in PvP, on low levels yes, on 90 not. Most DPS are simply bad, plain bad. Yes it is that easy. They're often undergeared, have no idea what exactly they're doing or don't know what the game is all about and what it's balanced for. Healing in 90 PvP is weaker than ever before since the introduction of Arenas back in BC.

Eh, the problem isn't healers as much as everyone having enough survivability to live through their healers being CCd for over a minute. my only problem with healers is stuff like disc priests and MW monks that can easily 1v1 any dps just because they have the damage output to destroy you while healing their selves. you can still OOM healers pretty easily if you put pressure on them correctly.

.. Pvp power nerfs are also nerfs to healers and battle fatigue which is directly a nerf to healing is also getting buffed.

1.) Learn to read patch notes.
    2.) Learn to play.

If even in this patch people are complaining about healers, they should go play farmville. If you are not always facing +2400 rated healers all the time(as you are obviously way worse than those players) then there is no reason to cry about healers.

If you are new to the game (have been playing for less than 4-5 months) try reading guides, seeking help and trying your best to do things before QQing about them. Not every single aspect of the game is imbalanced.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2013-05-04 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    - PvP power took a HARD nerf. Not just a small 5-10%, they nerfed it into the ground. I'm not sure what the point of PvP gear will even be in the coming patch. Why would someone sacrifice so much Str/AP/SP for a very minor amount of PvP power that's been nerfed into the ground? With less PvP power, healers will be even harder to kill.
    I wonder why they've nerfed PVP Power so bad. We will get 50% less damage bonus out of PVP Power in 5.3 and also gain 50% less PVP Power from sockets! Stacking INT/STR/AGI will definitely be the way to go then. I can live with that, but wouldn't it dangerously narrow the gap between PVP and PVE gear? With the loss of PVP Resilience from most of gear and 50% nerf to PVP Power, I see PVE trinkets being BiS in PVP and human racial being the best of the best... Not good!
    Last edited by Nightfall; 2013-05-04 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    It is horrible, twinks everywhere.

I liked the idea of an exp boost, the stats however are insane.